Pittsburgh, PA
Students enrolled: 1,037

Posted December 04, 2014
I love my school it's a great learning environment With a strong bit not harsh rules. Very good Teachers I love mine and I would never go anywhere else

Posted March 18, 2011
I was very nervous when my daughter was about to enter DMS. It has been great, she LOVES it. She is learning a lot. The academics are strong. Dedicated teachers. The majority seem to enjoy the students and teaching. The general atmosphere is a great balance of structure and freedom. The principal supports the teachers and welcomes dialogue with parents. Many extracurriculars available in both the arts and athletics. overall, GREAT school!

Posted January 29, 2010

Posted April 03, 2009
I really like this school. I started in the middle of the year but I got used to everything and made friends very quickly. The teachers are great for the most part but I really do not think they push the kids hard enough. There is alot of pressure on you, compared to my old school. They offer many clubs, and after school activities. Such as sports, art, writing, etc. One thing that really got on my nerves was that the fact that they still had not updated my name onto my rotating classes. They did not do it for the whole year, so I had to always go to the office, and was a waste of time. Other than that the school is excellent and I really enjoyed my time there.

Posted July 10, 2008

Posted August 21, 2007
we have a great education here and I am happy that I am going to this school. most of the teachers are great and the students are ok to. I am so glad to go to this school!

Posted March 22, 2007
This school is a fine school but there has been things like teachers.The teachers in this school are mostly greate,but then you get that teacher that really shouldnt be going to the school to teach maybe hight school.The pricibals have thretend my son and is very rude.Mr.harris a pricibal there is not responsible. has rude behavior and does not respect some students.Have greate physical edu teachers.athletic teams are unbelievable. soccor team went to state champs and won.Its amazing they teach good there.My son likes and I like it thank you.

Posted July 19, 2005
- a staff

Posted August 26, 2003
Most of the teachers are quite good at this school, though of course you will get the occasional not so good teacher since there are about 100 teachers there. The class sizes range from about 18 to 28. The disipline is rather strict which can be helpful but it also can limit the students very much. They also enforce teaching about bulling very strongly. My child says that some of it may be helpful (explaining what you should do if you are bullied or see bullying), but she says that the information about how to prevent bullying is not very helpful. I have had two children there who overall enjoyed the expirence but found it not to be as relaxed and enjoyable as the FASD High School. Their math is very good. Their arts are very good. Their foreign language teaching is quite good. The L.A. is good but not very creative. Their S.S. is good also. Their teaching methods for science are not that great. Their reading program is not wonderful at all but acceptable.

Dorseyville Middle School
550 Saxonburg Rd, Pittsburgh, PA  15238
Last modified Dorseyville Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dorseyville Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top