St. Eugene Elementary School

Private | K-8

Living in Primos

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $132,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $990.

Sweep tile

Posted October 7, 2009

St Eugene's is a very small Catholic grade school struggling in today's economy. Despite limited funds and a very tight budget, they provide top notch education in addition to teaching important Christian values. St Eugene's staff works tirelessly to make sure each and every student is taught problem solving and social skills that they will need to solve real world issues in the future. St Eugene's students' tuition is partially funded through the support of the parish and it is this sense of community investment in the future of the children that makes St Eugene's so special.

Posted October 4, 2009

My grandson goes there and is doing very well and really likes the school and his teachers

Posted September 29, 2009

St. Eugene's school and church will always be home to us. My son, my husband and I were all fortunate enough to attend. We made a tough decision to move 2 years ago and leaving St Eugene's parish is one of our biggest regrets. It is a wonderful school and community. We miss it so much!

Posted September 28, 2009

For such a small school, they have state of the art technology. The Catholic ideals are present always, but they're preparing the kids for the future. We love it.

Posted September 22, 2009

There is a committment by the Pastor, Administrators, Teachers, Parents and children to create a positive learning experience for the children who attend St. Eugene's School. You can feel it when you come on to the campus.

Posted September 20, 2009

Awesome School spirit and great neighborhood.

Posted September 18, 2009

I love the small close knit community. Everyone looks out for each other. It's a friendly atmosphere. A good place to be!

Posted September 18, 2009

St. Eugenes is the best school because they have heart and spirit!

Posted September 18, 2009

Saint Eugene is a small community school where everyone knows everybody, it feels like family. All of my children attended St. Eguenes K-8 and even though we have moved out of the area it remains our parish.

Posted September 18, 2009

I love St. Eugene School because I feel the pastor,principal and faculty are dedicated to the mission of teaching in a Catholic setting to offer all students educational advantages at every level. For thirteen years I helped to form the faith life of the children. St. Eugene's has a very positive influence of children, families and the larger community. Thank you!

Posted September 18, 2009

Small school with a community feel.

Posted September 18, 2009

St. Eugene's is a small school with a great faculty and awesome students.

Posted September 17, 2009

I think my children received a good education at St. Eugene's. It's a friendly atmosphere.

Posted September 17, 2009

I love the small school atmosphere, it's like one big happy family.

Posted September 17, 2009

I went to St. Eugene's from K to 8th grade. It was always such a freindly environment. My mom, aunt, and sister all went to St. Euegene's as well and they all as near and dear to their hearts as much as me. Coming out of this elementary school I have made life long friends that will be with me untill the end.

Posted September 16, 2009

St Eugene;s is such a great school. The teachers and staff are wonderful and everyone is so close and friendly. My son is getting the best education.

Posted September 16, 2009

St. Eugene is a wonderful close knit community. The teachers are excellent, the school families are supportive.

Posted February 7, 2007

St. Eugene is a great school. I love the fact that it is a small school. The teachers and the principal are great. We started here in the sixth grade and he graduated in 2005. His sister came here in kindergarten and now she is in the first grade. I only wish that my son had the opportunity to start here from the beginning. We are from another parish, but we changed to this parish, because it has that same feeling I had when I was a little girl in Catholic school. I highly recommend this school to everyone. Selina Johnson

Posted April 3, 2005

Most of the students attending are from other districts because the elementary school for this district is a good one. That alone is a sign of the dedication of parents who choose St. Eugene for their children. I love that it is a small school (1 class per grade) becasue everyone knows each other. The teachers are mixed with new and older teachers. The technology resources, both separate from the regular classroom and those incorporated into regular lessons are excellent. Many of the extra activities are not available to students until they are in the 3rd grade, including the choir which excells beautifully at the hands of one of the students' parents (a very dedicated member of the church).

Asian 4% N/A
Two or more races 2% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Philadelphia

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

110 S Oak Ave