Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Interesting to read the reviews of Interboro High School. I graduated from Interboro in 1956 in the first graduating class (and was largely responsible for the name Buccaneers--but that's another story). I since taught in a great public school system, and I can safely say that the quality of any school or institution depends on 2 main things: the people working there and the quality of the material with which they have to work. There have been teachers there who love their work and kids who come from homes with decent values and abilities and who want to learn. That was certainly true in 1956 and from what I have read in these reviews it continues to be true. There are people who think--for various reasons--Interboro to be a disaster and those who think it's the best thing since ice cream. There are no guarrantees in any school , but from what I have read and my own experience it appears that Interboro has proven itself to be a good school district overall and one that I can say that I am pround to have attended. What else can I say? Go Bucs!

Not the best school around but the new staff are trying to make it better

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

It depends on what teacher but some teachers don't explain things enough or give enough time on a subject. Some teachers give notes all day and don't actually teach. The science department is great. The teachers are very informative and make things stay in your head. They go over things with you. They want you to do well and you can just tell. The math department is also well. They explain things pretty well sometimes they go a little to fast with a subject but nothing to worry about. When it comes to English and social studies it depends on what teacher you get. Some teachers don't do anything and some do everything to get you ready for what's to come. Basically some teachers really care about their job and the students and some teachers just do nothing basically. Some teachers who are great people and deserve great things would be Mr. Price, Mrs. Catino, Mrs. Lenge, Mr. Meli, Mrs. Conway, Mr. Meli, Mrs. Werner, Mr. Peltz, Mr. Stabilio, Mrs. Vasquez and other teachers also. Those teachers stood out to me and I had them teachers.

My son attends Interboro. He will be a Sophmore this year. Overall, the school is not bad. Like the other posters have said, it's what the children make of it. I do think that you can get a quality education at Interboro. However, what concerns me the most is the drug problem in the school. Kids open do drugs and don't make much of an effort to hide it. In my opinion Interboro really needs to work on a way to keep these drugs out of the school. If my child is going to school with a bunch of stoners, is he really safe? This year I will have the time and if I have to go to this school every single day, get the news involved, or whatever I need to do to ensure that my child, or anyone else's that I see doesn't become a junkie, then so be it. After all, it takes a village to raise a child. It's time to get involved. The staff can't do it all by themselves.

My entire family has graduated from Interboro and now my children attend. SCHOOL IS WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT! I'm pretty sure every school is required to teach children the same curriculam. My son graduated last year and I never felt like the school was unsafe.

Interboro may have been a great school once however it is not now. I have one graduate, one son whom I removed from the school because they were not meeting his academic needs. A child who is there now and in all AP classes but she worries that this will not be enough for her to excel in college. And another son who was bullied in the mid-school who I absolutely will not allow to go to the High School. In fact we are looking to move into a highly qualified school district before my last child is ready to attend HS. This area is going down fast and the evidence shows in the Schools. I mean after all how many different administrators left in the past four years, they knew what was happening.

I graduated 2010 the teachers and staff on the whole are top notch. The one thing that really hinders the school is remarkable apathy from the majority of the student body. If you're motivated and willing to learn, Interboro will facilitate that to the utmost extent. If you're not, may as well not go. As far as the parents looking for opportunities for their kids, they'll find that at Interboro, but if they're not willing to make the effort, it's 100% the students fault, as the faculty and staff bend over backwards to help anyone who asks.

.I am trying to find out if this is a good high school to send my daughter.

I really hope this school is taking what people say to heart. God Knows we pay enough taxes. This is where my son will be attending freshman yr. Lets hope all of this isnt true and if it is you should be working on changing it. Dont become another statistic.

It's a shame to hear some of the news of what has become of Interboro. I graduated in '88 and back then Interboro was a top flight school academically and athletically. It sounds like things have changed. Teachers and staff were always most helpful to prepare you for college. I am an educator myself and I feel Interboro helped me prepare for my future. Go BUCS!! -Submitted by former student

Last modified Interboro Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.