Reading, PA
After care: No

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 27, 2015
one that has been. He had two others not a good ratio. the only affect my son has gotten his he hates school now.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 27, 2015
right now the homework amount is good. Except for when the teacher can't get the kids to do the class work in class and she sends it home.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 27, 2015
from what I've seen and continue to see theschool is only determined to get better grades in the big test. Which by the way should be taken out of the schools it is ridiculous.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 27, 2015
my son hates his teacher. She talks down to him and degrades him. How can you ask for respect when you use degrade somebody daily.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 27, 2015
see my reason why its not fair to answer this question too.I haven't seen one of those qualities in any student unless the parent does that at home.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 27, 2015
Fairness hasn't been seen by me yet. My son is segregated because of hearsay from teacher to teacher.and that's just oneexample. And the principal no idea how to Punish bad teachers and reward the ones he does the opposite.

Jacksonwald Elementary School 1

Posted May 27, 2015
For the most part not as bad, but there are some of the worst teachers I've ever seen there. And what's worse the principal backs the teachers too much, when some one is pathetic at there job you don't back them, let alone congadulat them on a good job. Can't wait until my child is out of there..it would take alot for me to change my review.

Jacksonwald Elementary School 5

Posted February 08, 2010
The teachers are fabulous! Great parent-teacher communication. Curriculum is challenging. Parent involvement is welcomed, and there are many organized activities for the whole family.

Jacksonwald Elementary School 4

Posted September 29, 2009
The teachers at Jacksonwald are outstanding. I have been in the school district for 4 years now. I think the principal could be more respectful of parents in general and especially those that volunteer.

Jacksonwald Elementary School 5

Posted April 19, 2009
Mrs. Moyer is fantasic. Most are the teachers are good. Good system the pushes the kids.

100 Church Ln Rd, Reading, PA  19606
Last modified Jacksonwald Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jacksonwald Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top