Royersford Elementary School

Public | K-4 | 426 students

Sweep tile

Posted yesterday

My daughter loves this school. She is in second grade. I moved here a year ago and this is a much better school then where she was at before. We are getting ready to buy a house and we want to stay in the same district. What a big difference from Alan pa. Love it here.

Posted March 27, 2014

Both of my children go to Royersford Elementary and love it. As a parent I love it also. All the teachers and staff are great!

Posted March 22, 2013

My children have done very well at Royersford Elementary. The teachers are great and the leadership in the school is caring and forthright. I was disappointed to have read a review regarding "low income and "low learning" (whatever THAT is) students that attend the school. One of the factors I covet about this school and my children's attendence is the diverse student population that attends, as I believe it is always beneficial for children to be exposed to and learn to work with all types of people who come from all different types of families/cultural backgrounds. This school really has a "small-town" feel but has many programs in place to expand the children outside of their own "bubble". At this point, I would not want to move from the Spring Ford school district, as it has so much to offer students attending public school, and I hear such great things about the paths graduating students are about to embark upon which I would consider, as a parent, something to be proud of.

Posted December 12, 2012

I have had nothing but problems with this school since our kids started kindengarden, its been one thing after another. And when the principal get involved with your personal life and you tell her about it she starts to harass you by calling children and youth and making false allegations. I called the superindent on several occassions and he passes the call off to other people. maybe its time to go to the newspaper and find someone to investigate this school and what they dont have available for disabled children, they have noting to offer my daughter and son for their disabilities.

Posted July 20, 2012

As a graduate of Royersford elementary school in 2007, the staff and now retired Principal were great . They did everything they could do to make school fun. They made the school feel like one big happy family.they had many family fun nights and fundraisers so are parents didnt have to pay for everything we needed like school supplies, field trips, books, shirts and playground equipment. But now since the old Principal retired they gave his job to one of the assistant principals from the 5th&6th grade center she now has made the school much more serious and less fun. she has gotten rid of many of the field trips, family fun nights, and fundraisers. which has caused parents to pay for more things .

Posted January 24, 2012

So much better of a school and environment with the new principal! She is positive, upbeat, and a HUGE breath of fresh air! It was long overdue and noticeably improved. We've had only 2 teachers we weren't thrilled with. The biggest problem with this school is there are ALOT of low income and low learning students. This is very hard for a classroom. I read the other reviews, and I guess I agree about the parents involvement and the PTA. It's hard to help at school and is usually awarded to the same couple parents all the time. That is disappointing. I've heard of one parent bragging that they are at every party, etc...and I've seen that parent be not so nice to students during the events.

Posted May 5, 2010

Both of my children went to Royersford Elementary and we were very happy with all the teachers there and the principal was exceptionally good and sincerely cared about the children. My daughter just finished her sophomore year at Ursinus College and has made the deans list every semester and my son is in the Spring Ford 9th grade center and has made honors the first 3 marking periods so I feel Royersford Elementary helped them off to a good start to make them the successful students that they are today : )

Posted April 27, 2010

I completely agree with another post. There are some really great teachers at Royersford, however, they are few and far between. It seems like many do the bare minimum. I also agree, the PTO is not friendly and is reminiscient of a snotty click in high school that thinks they're better than they are. I have noticed teachers talk about kids and their families to each other that have nothing to do with education, but is pure gossip. I also agree that if you worship the principal, it is announced, but if you dislike him (as we do) you are shunned and treated like garbage. Once this principal leaves, maybe the holier than thou attitude will go with him. I generally dislike this school and the administration. I would prefer to go somewhere else, but can't. Some parents are especially mean and nasty to families they dislike for whatever reason.

Posted August 2, 2009

I am torn with how I feel about this school. There are many teachers that go so far beyond expectations, but then there are those that do the basic minimum. The PTO, in my opinoin,is difficult to get involved with, very much a clique. If I had a choice to go somewhere else, I would, but I'm not dying to get out of Royersford either. If you have something positive to say about the school/adminstration they announce it, but if there is a problem or a complaint you are given the cold shoulder.

Posted July 17, 2009

All three of my children have gone to this school, and we are extremely pleased with the education that they have received. In addition, they do a lot of special touches that are not present at other schools. Mr. Willauer is phenomenal and sets the tone for the rest of the staff. Our children have had 8 teachers at the school so far and we've been very happy with all of them. As far as fundraising...there is one major fundraising event which pays for free books for the students throughout the year, classroom supplies, playground equipment, free t-shirts, subsidies on field trips and memory books, etc. I do not find fundraising to be 'over the top', as another reviewer stated. Royersford is a fantastic school and I would, without hesitation, recommend it to anyone!

Posted May 5, 2009

I think this school is great. The teachers that my two children had so far, have been wonderful. I only wish Mrs.Hitchcock was still teaching. She was a great teacher to my son. I only wish my daughter would've had a chance to have her as a teacher. Keep up the good work!

Posted February 19, 2008

I love this school! My children are happy and we are happy! It is a smaller, family oriented school. The teachers go above and beyond. I have not met one staff or faculty member that I didn't like. The principal is involved and cares about each student. I will be disappointed when 5th grade comes and we must leave this school. I wish it went all the way to 12th! If you are looking for a school with a team approach and encourages parent involvement, this is the school for you. They do alot of fundraisers, that is true, but you certainly don't feel pressured to be part of all of them. I'm glad they work hard, to provide extras for the kids.

Posted February 13, 2008

Fundraising at this school is completely over the top. It's nice that they can offer nice programs with it (free book for everyone, cool field trips for everyone with little to no fee, etc), but the frequency of their fundraising demands is just shameless, and annoying. Recently they starting using an emergency notification service and now the principal records and sends a fundrasing message to everyone's home phone number, during dinner. Best of all, they treat you with incredulity when you try to 'opt-out' of their notification system ('but don't you want to be notified of emergencies?? Like our fundraising??'), and then promise to remove you and then never actually remove you. Teachers are fine, principal is fine. I'm not blown away by the instruction, but I'm happy with my child's progress. I'm not a big fan of their character education, but it seems harmless enough so far.

Posted September 22, 2006

This school has little to offer in the way of innovative programming. The principal is invested in making rules about unimportant things such as when to wear a jacket. The really important issues are overlooked.

Posted December 21, 2005

This is wonderful school with a principal that is actively involved with the students, teachers that really care about the children's progress and staff that is always friendly, kind and helpful. I really love this school, and wish that it went higher than fourth grade!

Posted April 15, 2005

My son is a 4th grade student at RES and has been at this school since 2nd grade. It is a large school with 5 4th grade classrooms each having at least 25 kids. He has had attention problems for the past 2 years. He would get introuble everyday but no one recommended testing or anything until I brought it to their attention. He loves the school and the kids. He had the opportunity to join the band this year and has enjoyed many Family nights sponsered by the PTO. He has gotten involved with soccer and track because of the continuous flyers sent home from school about local organizations that offer such activities.

Posted February 4, 2005

My daughter was extremely bored in this school. She was labeled as learning disabled with a below average IQ. She was very unhappy at RES. When she was re-tested at her next school, her IQ increased by 50 points. The principal of RES was not supportive of our daughter's needs.

Posted August 9, 2004

My kids love this school. I love the 'family feel' of this school district. The kids here are taught more than just reading and math skills, but social skills. The teachers take time to really care about what happens to your child in and out of the classroom.

Math

The state average for Math was 80% in 2012.

87 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 74% in 2012.

88 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2011-2012 Pennsylvania used the Pennsylvania System of State Assessments (PSSA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in math and reading, in grades 5, 8 and 11 in writing, and in grades 4, 8 and 11 in science. The results for reading, writing, science and math are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The PSSA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Pennsylvania. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2012.

80 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2012.

80 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 82% in 2012.

79 students were tested at this school in 2012.

All Students87%

White83%
Economically disadvantaged71%
Students with disabilities (IEP)67%
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students95%

Students with disabilities (IEP)81%

Asian 3% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now