Royersford, PA

Posted April 17, 2014
My daughter loves this school. She is in second grade. I moved here a year ago and this is a much better school then where she was at before. We are getting ready to buy a house and we want to stay in the same district. What a big difference from Alan pa. Love it here.

Posted March 27, 2014
Both of my children go to Royersford Elementary and love it. As a parent I love it also. All the teachers and staff are great!

Royersford Elementary School 5

Posted March 22, 2013
My children have done very well at Royersford Elementary. The teachers are great and the leadership in the school is caring and forthright. I was disappointed to have read a review regarding "low income and "low learning" (whatever THAT is) students that attend the school. One of the factors I covet about this school and my children's attendence is the diverse student population that attends, as I believe it is always beneficial for children to be exposed to and learn to work with all types of people who come from all different types of families/cultural backgrounds. This school really has a "small-town" feel but has many programs in place to expand the children outside of their own "bubble". At this point, I would not want to move from the Spring Ford school district, as it has so much to offer students attending public school, and I hear such great things about the paths graduating students are about to embark upon which I would consider, as a parent, something to be proud of.

Royersford Elementary School 1

Posted December 12, 2012
I have had nothing but problems with this school since our kids started kindengarden, its been one thing after another. And when the principal get involved with your personal life and you tell her about it she starts to harass you by calling children and youth and making false allegations. I called the superindent on several occassions and he passes the call off to other people. maybe its time to go to the newspaper and find someone to investigate this school and what they dont have available for disabled children, they have noting to offer my daughter and son for their disabilities.

Posted July 20, 2012
As a graduate of Royersford elementary school in 2007, the staff and now retired Principal were great . They did everything they could do to make school fun. They made the school feel like one big happy family.they had many family fun nights and fundraisers so are parents didnt have to pay for everything we needed like school supplies, field trips, books, shirts and playground equipment. But now since the old Principal retired they gave his job to one of the assistant principals from the 5th&6th grade center she now has made the school much more serious and less fun. she has gotten rid of many of the field trips, family fun nights, and fundraisers. which has caused parents to pay for more things .

Royersford Elementary School 3

Posted January 24, 2012
So much better of a school and environment with the new principal! She is positive, upbeat, and a HUGE breath of fresh air! It was long overdue and noticeably improved. We've had only 2 teachers we weren't thrilled with. The biggest problem with this school is there are ALOT of low income and low learning students. This is very hard for a classroom. I read the other reviews, and I guess I agree about the parents involvement and the PTA. It's hard to help at school and is usually awarded to the same couple parents all the time. That is disappointing. I've heard of one parent bragging that they are at every party, etc...and I've seen that parent be not so nice to students during the events.

Royersford Elementary School 0

Posted May 05, 2010
Both of my children went to Royersford Elementary and we were very happy with all the teachers there and the principal was exceptionally good and sincerely cared about the children. My daughter just finished her sophomore year at Ursinus College and has made the deans list every semester and my son is in the Spring Ford 9th grade center and has made honors the first 3 marking periods so I feel Royersford Elementary helped them off to a good start to make them the successful students that they are today : )

Royersford Elementary School 2

Posted April 27, 2010
I completely agree with another post. There are some really great teachers at Royersford, however, they are few and far between. It seems like many do the bare minimum. I also agree, the PTO is not friendly and is reminiscient of a snotty click in high school that thinks they're better than they are. I have noticed teachers talk about kids and their families to each other that have nothing to do with education, but is pure gossip. I also agree that if you worship the principal, it is announced, but if you dislike him (as we do) you are shunned and treated like garbage. Once this principal leaves, maybe the holier than thou attitude will go with him. I generally dislike this school and the administration. I would prefer to go somewhere else, but can't. Some parents are especially mean and nasty to families they dislike for whatever reason.

Royersford Elementary School 0

Posted August 02, 2009
I am torn with how I feel about this school. There are many teachers that go so far beyond expectations, but then there are those that do the basic minimum. The PTO, in my opinoin,is difficult to get involved with, very much a clique. If I had a choice to go somewhere else, I would, but I'm not dying to get out of Royersford either. If you have something positive to say about the school/adminstration they announce it, but if there is a problem or a complaint you are given the cold shoulder.

Royersford Elementary School 5

Posted July 17, 2009
All three of my children have gone to this school, and we are extremely pleased with the education that they have received. In addition, they do a lot of special touches that are not present at other schools. Mr. Willauer is phenomenal and sets the tone for the rest of the staff. Our children have had 8 teachers at the school so far and we've been very happy with all of them. As far as fundraising...there is one major fundraising event which pays for free books for the students throughout the year, classroom supplies, playground equipment, free t-shirts, subsidies on field trips and memory books, etc. I do not find fundraising to be 'over the top', as another reviewer stated. Royersford is a fantastic school and I would, without hesitation, recommend it to anyone!

Royersford Elementary School
450 Spring St, Royersford, PA  19468
Last modified Royersford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Royersford Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top