Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

As a former student at SHS I felt prepared for college. I noticed cliques and I would never have thought that that was something unique to Saegertown. I participated in sports and so socialized with my teammates, but also made the conscious decision to be (close) friends with other "non-jocks", really people lots of different people. This felt easy to me. Oh, and this coming into this school in 7th grade as an "outsider" who homeschooled until then. If anything, i would say I was met with open curiosity. I enjoyed my science teachers immensely and easily transitioned to a biology major. Of course I am one person with a perspective and I'm not saying bullying didn't happen at this school. I thoroughly enjoyed my high school experience.

I have a child at Saegertown high. This school is very "cliquey". Any child that is differant or isn't in sports gets bullied. The teachers and office staff let rules bend depending on gender or if you are helping thier sports program. The education is very lacking,my child took a mandatory communications class for two years and all my child did was reports. Where's the communication training in that? My child learned nothing when is comes to speaking properly in interviews or in life situations. I would not recommend this school or any school in penncrest school district!

I am a former student of this school. People put comments that the school is "cliquey." I think every school is like this, and it depends on your perception of it and what kind of person you are. You can stay right in the middle of the road like I did and be perfectly happy not letting "cliques" or certain last names affect your life. The teachers are great, I would say 80% or 85% of them have a real passion for educating kids and love their job, and people should have no fear of moving to this area. I moved to another location in Pennsylvania and Saegertown is leaps and bounds above other public schools in PA, and I can only hope my child(ren) can receive a decent education and experience like I did.

Saegertown is a fantastic school academically, especially for the size of the community. But the other reviews are accurate, these people are snobs and take snobbery to an obsessive, almost surreal level. As a teenager it took me watching the movie 'Jawbreaker' to understand the cinematic-grade fantasy these people elevate themselves into. If you value your children's social skills, do not let them near this school.

As a former student, I believe it is important to note that there is a big difference between achieving satisfactory PSSA scores and preparing students for future success. While the English department is extraordinary, the math and science departments are unable to competently prepare their students for any technical curricula

Diversity and civility should be a top focus for this school to acheive more than fantastic test scores. There are some fabulous and caring educators and adminstrators in this school, but the tendency for cliques is a product of a small community with old and deep roots. A difficult achievement, but not impossible to help students adjust socially and emotionally to a small town school atmosphere.

I have to agree with the October 20th post. One thing that I've noticed in Saegertown is it is very cliquey. There are some old families established in the community and it is difficult for outsiders to fit in. It is a strange little town with very little to do and offers very little middle ground. You either are or you aren't. Sadly, this is carried to the schools where there are many wonderful teachers, but students flounder socially. Diversity and civility should be a top focus for this school to acheive more than fantastic test scores.

As a faculty member of this school with knowledge of several local schools I can honestly saying SHS students and teachers should be proud of the job they are doing. All schools have problems but SHS goes to great lengths to continue to improve in all aspects of education. To the former student who is upset with the petty behind the scenes behavior of other students, I believe it is time for you to grow up as well. Please rate a school on their educational performance not your social experience.

Last modified Saegertown Junior-Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.