Scranton, PA

Posted July 31, 2014
An amazing school with caring teachers and friendly staff. I couldn't be happier that all four of my children will attend here. Great little city school!

Robert Morris #27 3

Posted August 22, 2013
My son just finished kindergarten last year and his teacher Mrs. Smith was excellent. She's a great asset to the school. As for the the rest of the faculty and staff they seem alright although I wasn't very active within the school last year.

Posted July 19, 2013
If I could rate it a zero, I would. No new technology, no leadership and our PSSA scores are awful. I'm looking for a private school.

Posted October 30, 2012
This school is so far behind the mark compared to the schools I just moved from in Western PA. The staff was unconcerned that my children would be almost a year ahead and instead told me to be happy that they won't have to work too hard this year. What a joke. WE will be looking into private schools.

Robert Morris #27 4

Posted September 13, 2011
After reading the reviews of this school, one would think that this school was a sewer. Let me submit some evidence contrary to the other reviews. Me and my siblings are graduates of Robert Morris. All 3 of us have college degrees, can speak at least 2 languages and are successful in the world. Most of my friends that I went to Robert Morris with are equally succeeding. Problem: the parents. Expecting a school to do everything for your child is wrong. It is the parent that instills discipline, love of learning, reading habits, etc. Hoping some big gov't entity will do that is short sighted and evidences poor parenting skills. And to the reviewers trying to discredit the school: based on your lack of formal grammar and reasoning, no one will take your reviews seriously. If you cannot construct a grammatically correct sentence, what gives you the right to debase an institution of learning? Granted, Robert Morris isn't some rich boarding school in the UK, it is a better option than some other Scranton elementary schools. It is the parents that make students succeed. Learning starts at home!

Posted October 29, 2010
My family has attended Robert Morris Elementary since my uncle went there in 1948. Since then, my mother, two sisters, myself, my six nieces and nephews graduated from Robert Morris and now my son is there in 2nd Grade. I don't think we should leave it up to the schools to teach our children manners and discipline, that is something that should be learned from us - the parents. I miss the days when the teacher was in charge. Now, teachers have to be so careful because people are sue happy and defend their children to the end of the earth. That is why so many children grow up to be on welfare. They aren't taught by their parents to fend for themselves. Stop blaming the schools, look in the mirror.

Posted September 13, 2010
scranton school district still labtls learning disabled children as special education..in turn.. children will be called..sped...a stigma that stays with the child. This district is 'behind the times' in education. They push children through school grades and encourage them to grow as non educated individuals whom when they are adults will financially collect welfare or ssi benefits..In turn..a drain on tax payers. Politicians and school district officials are more concerned in aspect of pocketing monies, and not investing in the children.shame on scranton school administration.Other states believe that ' children are our future' and invest in their education that is applicable for their intellect. in this district a parent has to apply for a tss worker that is seperate from school districts budget,resulting in time which delays cognitive learning process.check the national ratings of scranton schools..my god.sub standard.

Robert Morris #27 2

Posted August 08, 2010
Unfortunately you will not find a public school in the Scranton School District who treats any student as an individual. Good luck trying to do what is best for your own child if you feel they need to be retained. They will go out of their way to pass your child through to the next grade even if your child is reading a grade level behind.

Posted July 10, 2009
I love this school for my son. He has learned alot for his first year of school. He was in pre-k and had the best teacher!!!

Posted May 27, 2009
One of the worst public schools ever! Scranton School district lacks technology and the appeal for families who want their children to succeed in the real world.

Robert Morris #27
1824 Blvd Ave, Scranton, PA  18509
Last modified Robert Morris #27 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Robert Morris #27 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top