Scranton, PA

Northeast Intrmd School 4

Posted August 26, 2013
I'm a student here at NEIS and I swear this school is most likely to be the most fun I've had since Elementary School. I'm going into 7th grade and last year was fun and ok. But the thing about the school I don't like is the School lunch tables and you have to be assigned to a table. We should be able to sit with our friends so we could have a small break in the middle of the day to chat with our friends. But this school is ok and I'm hoping this year will be better.

Posted July 23, 2013
Absouletuly HORRIBLE! I hate this school my child will not be ready for high school! There is no teaching or learning I would reccomend going to any other school than this WARNING: DON'T SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL!

Posted July 19, 2013
Disgusting. I hate that my kids have to go here. No learning, teaching or advancement. When he leaves this school, he will NOT be ready for HS.

Posted June 30, 2013
Horrible School!! Been dealing with this school for two years. I feel that it was my worst mistake as a parent moving to this school district (moved out of state). No support for learning disabled/autistic spectrum kids. My two boys at this school came from out of state, two years ahead and now are bored, unchallenged, doing subpar academics. No communication, never know when kids will be off school/half days, etc. Often find out night before. Even with having 504s, no communication. Never informed of any issues (discipline, academic, good or struggling). We are trying to move out!!!!!!

Posted June 27, 2013
This is a notification to all parents and students: Parents! Do NOT enter your kids into this school. I moved to scranton in the 7th grade at the beginning of the year. It was all fun 'till the second week when things started to settle. The teachers are crude and unfair and treat every kid differently. NO kid is treated equally. I've been here where students vote the "best years"...worst school ever. Avoid if possible. Those students must have had the LOWEST expectations on Earth! Your kid will be bullied and the teachers will pick on them no matter what! STUDENTS THAT ARE IN SIXTH GRADE: this school is TERRIBLE it is full of wannabe gangsters and the teachers only treat you that way because that dont want your parents to pull you out of this school. ive been in this school for the "best years" it was terrible. The teachers are angry people with no experience (except Mr. Lavelle and Mrs. Bray who are awesome!) who are paid to sit at their desks and read something completely irrelevent like a newspaper or something like that while the kids do the worst and most non-challenging work that you learn absolutely nothing from and you NEED to learn or you would be nowhere in the world.

Posted April 18, 2012
My child is a smart, motivated & well behaved student who clearly does NOT belong at this school. First of all, she never has any real amount of homework. There are never any grade appropriate take home projects to work on. She talks about doing "busy work" and classes that are clearly out of control. Nothing positive to report on the academic front. She is not being challenged at all. The grades are clearly padded to pass everyone along. I've never been at a school event that could be characterized as impressive. Generally speaking, the student body is loud, rude and completely disrespectful of the faculty and one another. I understand that the demographic for this particular school isn't the easiest to deal with but the school's administration with support from district officials has got to step up the effort. In addition, there are too many faculty members who are just going through the motions. Little to no parental involvement is a problem there too. The time spent at this school has proven to be wasted time during crucial years of development. I've always been a proponent of public schools but, this one is awful. Bottom line: Go elsewhere if it is possible.

Posted April 17, 2012
Worst school. Ever. None of the kids are treated equally. If a smaller, quieter, prettier girl wears a purple tank top all the teachers will flock to yell at her instead of yelling at the Bigger girl. The teachers will pick favorites and pick on one specific student. A boy was in my class and said one small word to his neighbor, and was told off by the teacher who decided to target him instead of the whole disorderly class. It honestly shocked me. Did i mention its very dirty? Well, it is. I found a cockroach on the floor of the caf. I dont even know where the taxes we pay go because half the classes cant afford a book. I wish I could give this school a zero but there is no option for that. Also, many students think youre a nerd if you get good grades. But its cool if youre failing....If youre expecting a good education thats way to high of an expectation.Seriously.

Posted April 25, 2011
Horrible communication between teachers and parents. Angry people getting a paycheck to sit at their desks and read the newspaper while kids do 'busy work'

Posted January 06, 2011
Northeast Scranton Intermediate needs to treat all the kids the same way when it come to fighting but they don't. if there is no teacher or adult to see what happen or what is going on or hear the child saying thing about other child then just one child should not get in trouble both or all childern fighting or talking about each other should. they should not only go by what other children say. This kid was saying thing about two of my kids and my kids was saying thing about her. I think she should have gotten suspended to not just my two kids. this kid just got into a fight with another kid were they where hitting each other and she did not get suspended but the other kid did. my kids didn't hit her and they got suspended. this is there first time getting in to trouble at school. they did not get no warning or write warning. it not fair that my two and the other kid got suspended and she did'nt. it becouse she is a stright A student. she should not get treated any better the all the other students just becouse they are stright A students. All the students should be treated the same way if one gets suspended then both party should

Posted February 05, 2010
This is so true, I never know what is going on. only a phone call the night before any event.

Northeast Intrmd School
Adams Ave and Gibson St, Scranton, PA  18510
Last modified Northeast Intrmd School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northeast Intrmd School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top