7-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Eden Christian Academy
Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted December 16, 2015
Some of the worst teachers I have ever had in my life. My grades were greatly impacted because I didnt understand things and teachers are not very professional. Most of the time the teachers didnt even know anything about what they were teaching.

Eden Christian Academy 1

Posted December 16, 2015
One of the worst schools I have ever attended. The curriculum is alright but some of the teachers are horrible. My main problem is that there are barely any choices of classes you can take. In total there are only two AP classes and no honors classes so that can definitely hurt your acceptance into a college. Students are not very accepting of new children and there are a lot of cliques and drama. I didbt have this problem but I saw so many kids who did. Also it doesnt feel like a christian school. The only thibg that set it apart is the fact that you have bible class. Do yourself a favor and go to public school where your education will be much better and you will make a lot more friends. Eden didnt prepare me for college at all but Pine Richland did.

Posted November 18, 2015
Eden Christian Academy is committed to the education of the whole man. They focus on spiritual, emotional and social growth as well as the academic growth. Even with the academics, there is a dedication to excellence. Well above "the curve" of public school education, the students are challenged to think critically and apply content in a practical way. So blessed by the staff and administration of Eden Christian Academy.

Eden Christian Academy 2

Posted July 05, 2015
You know it's bad when more time is spent on basketball than it is on spiritual growth. It's called Eden CHRISTIAN academy.not ballet academy

Eden Christian Academy 4

Posted December 21, 2013
I went to this school from pre-school all the way up to 7th grade. I know the school backwards-forwards. I feel as if this school had such great potential, but the areas of improvement didn't shine. Most would say it's a great school, but then others would say their student didn't like it very much. I had so many great memories in that school, but I'm in a school now that I'm proud to be a part of. The berkeley hills campus was a great campus for me to start out with. I'm glad I didn't go to a public school, because I needed and environment of other Christians around me. Although some of the rules are too strict, that many want to rebel. In middle school things changed, when I went to mt. nebo. I absolutely hated going to school every day, I felt depressed. I still managed to have friends, but there was a lot of drama. I know drama is something you get everywhere, even in the real world. But the classes were also too difficult. I think Eden gave me a good advantage going to another school, but the academics are overrated. The teachers didn't know how to teach you COLLEGE level things! I was sent to the counselor's office constantly. They acted like I needed help. It's only for some

Eden Christian Academy 2

Posted August 31, 2013
we said we'd give the Mount Nebo campus another try this year. We were disappointed with what's been encountered there but given assurances of changes. We have yet to see any improvement although it's still early. The teachers are sincere but the current leadership has got to work through issues. Combined our family has 10 years at Eden, so we have a comparison from campus to campus, year to year. Caveat Emptor

Posted August 30, 2013
I could not be more pleased with the amazing Christian community provided by all three of Eden's campuses. As a parent of three Eden students, I have witnessed the tremendous love, support, and dedication provided by teachers, staff, and administration. As a staff member of multiple campuses, I am encouraged by the support, encouragement, and commitment of ALL of the administrative staff. I am grateful to work with professionals who truly seek God's will for the school, and I have personally grown in my professional/spiritual life as a result.

Posted August 26, 2013
Both of my children have been taught by Eden teachers their entire elementary/middle/high school careers. I have had a child at each of the three campuses at one time or another. I would not trade an Eden education for anything! Well worth the money and I share none of the concerns expressed in the July 17 parent review.

Eden Christian Academy 1

Posted July 17, 2013
If you are expelled (or about to be) from a public school - they will admit you. They advertise that your student will be "safe" on WORD FM. How is your student safe, if they are taking in expelled (or nearly expelled) students from local public schools? I'd like to think that they are doing this out of a Christian concern for the development of these children. I fear that it falls into a pattern of accepting wealthy students, no matter the cost to other students. Other concerns - they had a male teacher who was unsuccessful at the upper campus, so they transferred him to the Siebert lower campus, where he was also unsuccessful, so they transferred him to Wexford's lower campus. Why do you keep transferring an unsuccessful teacher around, when parents are paying this much for an education? Concerning relationship between headmaster and principals/teachers - teachers convey that they fear crossing the headmaster, examples given include that he terminated long time teacher because teacher disagreed on minor teaching point, teachers convey that principals walk on eggshells with him. School sounds great - but scratch beneath the surface and it's concerning.

Posted June 09, 2011
I have two sons enrolled in this school. They are ages 14 and 17, so they will be going into 8th and 11th grade, respectively. I have been so impressed with this school's ability to teach and nurture my boys both academically and spiritually. The teachers are invested in each student personally, which allows for much greater personal growth. As a parent, that is the most important thing. Two thumbs up!

Eden Christian Academy
318 Nicholson Road, Sewickley, PA  15143
Last modified Eden Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Eden Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top