Eden Christian Academy 4

Posted December 21, 2013
I went to this school from pre-school all the way up to 7th grade. I know the school backwards-forwards. I feel as if this school had such great potential, but the areas of improvement didn't shine. Most would say it's a great school, but then others would say their student didn't like it very much. I had so many great memories in that school, but I'm in a school now that I'm proud to be a part of. The berkeley hills campus was a great campus for me to start out with. I'm glad I didn't go to a public school, because I needed and environment of other Christians around me. Although some of the rules are too strict, that many want to rebel. In middle school things changed, when I went to mt. nebo. I absolutely hated going to school every day, I felt depressed. I still managed to have friends, but there was a lot of drama. I know drama is something you get everywhere, even in the real world. But the classes were also too difficult. I think Eden gave me a good advantage going to another school, but the academics are overrated. The teachers didn't know how to teach you COLLEGE level things! I was sent to the counselor's office constantly. They acted like I needed help. It's only for some

Eden Christian Academy 2

Posted August 31, 2013
we said we'd give the Mount Nebo campus another try this year. We were disappointed with what's been encountered there but given assurances of changes. We have yet to see any improvement although it's still early. The teachers are sincere but the current leadership has got to work through issues. Combined our family has 10 years at Eden, so we have a comparison from campus to campus, year to year. Caveat Emptor

Posted August 30, 2013
I could not be more pleased with the amazing Christian community provided by all three of Eden's campuses. As a parent of three Eden students, I have witnessed the tremendous love, support, and dedication provided by teachers, staff, and administration. As a staff member of multiple campuses, I am encouraged by the support, encouragement, and commitment of ALL of the administrative staff. I am grateful to work with professionals who truly seek God's will for the school, and I have personally grown in my professional/spiritual life as a result.

Posted August 26, 2013
Both of my children have been taught by Eden teachers their entire elementary/middle/high school careers. I have had a child at each of the three campuses at one time or another. I would not trade an Eden education for anything! Well worth the money and I share none of the concerns expressed in the July 17 parent review.

Eden Christian Academy 1

Posted July 17, 2013
If you are expelled (or about to be) from a public school - they will admit you. They advertise that your student will be "safe" on WORD FM. How is your student safe, if they are taking in expelled (or nearly expelled) students from local public schools? I'd like to think that they are doing this out of a Christian concern for the development of these children. I fear that it falls into a pattern of accepting wealthy students, no matter the cost to other students. Other concerns - they had a male teacher who was unsuccessful at the upper campus, so they transferred him to the Siebert lower campus, where he was also unsuccessful, so they transferred him to Wexford's lower campus. Why do you keep transferring an unsuccessful teacher around, when parents are paying this much for an education? Concerning relationship between headmaster and principals/teachers - teachers convey that they fear crossing the headmaster, examples given include that he terminated long time teacher because teacher disagreed on minor teaching point, teachers convey that principals walk on eggshells with him. School sounds great - but scratch beneath the surface and it's concerning.

Posted June 09, 2011
I have two sons enrolled in this school. They are ages 14 and 17, so they will be going into 8th and 11th grade, respectively. I have been so impressed with this school's ability to teach and nurture my boys both academically and spiritually. The teachers are invested in each student personally, which allows for much greater personal growth. As a parent, that is the most important thing. Two thumbs up!

Eden Christian Academy 0

Posted December 18, 2009
My three grandsons go to Eden and I am thrilled with their educational and spiritual growth. Teachers really know the students and take time with them on every level.

Posted August 05, 2008
Eden has been a wonderful experience for all of our children. The academics are very strong and, unlike the public school we came from, the kids are learning how to learn instead of learning facts to pass the state tests.

Posted August 05, 2008
We have had an excellent experience at Eden. The faculty cares about each student and wants them to reach for their best.

Posted May 28, 2004
Best educational and personal growth choice we made for our children (16 yrs & 10 yrs old). They are thriving and happy. We are all excited about moving to the new larger location and all the potential it brings.

Eden Christian Academy
318 Nicholson Road, Sewickley, PA  15143
Last modified Eden Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Eden Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top