Bad
Good

Sharon Hill School 5

Posted October 02, 2013
My school is amazing! I love the teachers and the students are so nice and welcoming. Its my first year here and I already have plenty of friends and a favorite teacher. Sharon hill school is the best school I have ever been to!!!

Sharon Hill School 5

Posted October 02, 2013
I love my school ! People are nice and the work is never to hard or to easy. My teachers are great because they make sure we know everything we need to before we leave for the day.

Posted January 30, 2013
Sharon Hill Elementary School has completely hit rock bottom! My 18 year old attended this school and it WAS top-notch. Now I have an 8 year old that also attends and it is a night and day comparison. The Administration seems confused and angry and it shows towards the children. The school has failed that last 2 years PSSA! My son tells me every day that he doesn t learn anything, and his homework reflects it (same assignments everyday). Also my child has had the same library book for the past 4 weeks. I just wanted to see if anything would be done before I complained, but it did not, so in the 4th week I broke downed and advised his teacher NOT to send this book home again. The excuse that I was given has that the library computer was down and that the kids couldn t return the books. B.S. excuse. I advised the principle and she just covered up for the teacher. That is what Sharon Hill Elementary has become ONE BIG COVER UP! Needless to say my child will not be attending next year.

Posted January 30, 2013

Sharon Hill School 2

Posted August 24, 2012
This past year a couple female teachers seemed to me not to be professional they talk in a disrespectful way to students and expect to get good feed back from the students .( I experienced this because they seemed to talk down to me in conferences or via phone) I believe if there are students that cause the class not to learn they should be sent out of the class and not just detentions during lunch or after school ( if they stay in principals office maybe their parents would then care more and the students that care to learn would without the disturbances. So in short get the kids out of the classrooms that don't want to learn and let their parents deal with them so hopefully my child will learn this school year 2012-2013

Posted August 23, 2012
I felt I should post, since no one has in a few years. Sadly this school is going down hill quickly. I have only had good experiences with the teachers, but they are not able to teach. There are way too many children in the classes who need additional discipline that it takes away from the "good" kids. I think they need to get rid of the adminstration and start fresh. There are kids attending the school that do not live within the school district nor pay to attend the school. This is not an inner city school, but it certainly feels like it. If you can afford to go to private school, it would much better for your child's education to not attend this school.

Sharon Hill School 2

Posted May 04, 2010
Sharon Hill School is and 'alright' school considering some of the teachers' behaviors towards students. Most teachers that I have had were nice but the alternative teachers of that grade always seemed to be altogether just bad teachers. They could teach the material but no one would listen and they seemed not to like being in the classroom environment. Some teachers don't even listen to what a student has to say when they make a mistake or the teacher doesn't like something the student does. Sharon Hill School has a lot of activities like PSSA Spirit Week, Talent Shows, Fundraisers, etc. The fact that Sharon Hill has changed its principals after they have only worked there for 1 (or sometimes 2) school years. In years, 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 the school has hired security to help stop violence in the school. It has only helped cut down, maybe, 1/5 of the violence.

Sharon Hill School

Posted September 28, 2007
I feel the new administration is really working hard to excel in academics and positive reinforcements in the school. I have always liked the teaching staff and I'm glad they didn't change administrators this year. It gives the students a greater sense of security.

Posted April 02, 2007
I just recently relocated to this district and have a young child attending Sharon Hill Ele. I had to make a few trips to the school in a month and 1/2 to address safety issues. If the severe discipline/safety problems were handled effectively, I believe the good teachers could actually teach instead of acting as wardens. The good children suffer tremendously here. My child does not want to go to school. I am new to this area and did not do my homework on this school before moving into the district. I am praying that she can just finish out the school year without getting hurt. I am writing this review to alert other parents of the serious problems at this school.

Posted February 09, 2007
The academic expectation or this school is extremely low, there aren't enough staff to control the children, this school is a mad house and I have removed my daughter from the district.

Sharon Hill School
701 Coates St, Sharon Hill, PA  19079
Last modified Sharon Hill School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.