Bad
Good

Academy Park High School 5

Posted March 20, 2012
this school is filled with great people and a great staff of employees but there is just a little more bad seeds in the patch which gives Academy Park Hs a bad reputation. Us kids that actually care about education cant get the attention we need to actually learn and the teachers try so hard but cant handle the kids that like to smart mouth and talk back or just be plain ignorant but i am not rating this school on the bad kids in there because it is not fair to deny great scores to the kids that try and work their butts off and thats also why alot dont try because they figure that theres no point to work hard when noone is going to compliment me on it so they give up but i would like to give it up to the kids that care and try everyday along with the staff(bless their hearts)for putting up with this malarchy for this long You are GREAT SCHOOL!!!! no matter what some website says

Posted October 16, 2010
Academy Park is a great public school. The teachers are dedicated, the kids want to learn and the parents care about their childrens' education!

Academy Park High School 4

Posted December 26, 2009
I'm a current student and honestly there is nothing wrong with our school. Very few fights and when there is the problem is taken care of right away. I don't see what everybody thinks is so wrong with it. The last time I know there was a big fight was in October and since then none really. A quick argument and then the vice prinicipal or the cops come in and stop it. The school is actually a great school and alot of smart kids go there.

Posted October 05, 2009
Academy Park HS educated my daughter from 2002 until 2006. She's now a sr. in college and has made the deans list six semesters out of 7! APHS prepared her for the success she's seen in college.

Posted August 07, 2009
I am parent of a former Freshmen of a AP. The school academics I really do not have a problem with because the teachers do challenge the children when it comes to tht aspect. My main concern is that the School District and the Admininstrators are ignoring the fact that the school has a hugh Gang problem and nobody is trying to take control of the problem. My child said to me, 'Everyday he goes to school he has to watch his back.' Just because of were he lives or who is his freinds and evening the type of clothing he wears. I had to approach the school on many occasion about him being treatened by another child. Another issue is that the kids does not wear uniforms.

Posted January 31, 2008
I'm concerned about the academic advantages that AP will give our daughter. She is and has been on the honor roll since grade school. I want her to be prepared for college and I'm not sure AP can do that? I am very concerned about their Music program and other extracurricular activities. This is the only Public H.S. in Sedelco and I think they could offer a lot more for the students in this area.I also know that you can't base everything on test scores. You really must be a advocate for your child and the children in your community and stay active and involved.

Academy Park High School 5

Posted November 01, 2007
I was in the second graduation class of AP; I can say without a doubt that the teachers were the best thing about AP. I left the area and attended Jr. High and some of High school in Philadelphia came back to AP in my Jr. Year. The teachers at AP were the most involved and concern group of teacher I have ever met until now I currently have a child that attends an all girls private school on the mainline. Therefore, I am currently paying tons of money for the attention that my child receives, that when I was in school I got free. . These teacher are tools that we are supposed to use in conjunction with what we teacher our kids.

Academy Park High School 1

Posted September 10, 2007
Another thing the gets under my skin about AP is that whenever you try to contact someone in the school. You go straight to voicemail instead of getting someone on the phone to express your concerns. I think someone should be available to talk to parents.

Posted July 23, 2007
I have two children in Academy Park, everyone is quick to blame the kids for the poor test scores, but you must know that not much is being done to help raise them by the staff. Most teachers just want to do their 8 hours and get out. The school is just not getting the funds it needs to help these kids-and lets be honest, it's because of where the school is and who attends it. If you want great education, teachers and programs you would have to move further out into the county. Our society gives opportunities to those who can 'pay' for them. Nothing is equal opportunity not even free education.

Academy Park High School 2

Posted June 29, 2007
I am an alumnus of Academy Park HS. The school started off with great expectations, with a great athletic program and lot of potential academically after merging 3 high schools together. I hear some of the students support the school and I applaud them for their school spirit, but the bottom line is the majority of the students are not receiving an adequate education. The state, as well as colleges and others look at the schools academic performance and it s not making the grade. I have moved far away from the area and when I compare the scores of my old high school and my children s high school and I m disappointing to see less than half of the students are not performing at grade level Math and reading. Although the scores are not first rate right now I am happy to see the school is improving.

300 Calcon Hook Rd, Sharon Hill, PA  19079
Last modified Academy Park High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.