Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I want to personally thank everyone at West Hill for the many years of great service you have provided my family. West Hill is a school that any parent should be proud of. Thank you and God Bless.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Never had a Teacher at West Hill that I thought wasn't 100% Effective. Your children are in good hands. (as long as the parents are involved)

Amount of homework: Disagree

I'm old school- This is Not a Negative Comment- I always want my children to do more. Side note- My kids would disagree...

I used to think his school was excellent when my first child attended, but have seen some recent issues. Some of the teachers who have been there a while are a little too comfortable in their situation and don't seem to have the best interest of all the children. I have seen teachers be nicer to students that have parents on the PTO, but those of us that work can't attend the daytime meetings and are then left out of any opportunity to be involved. I suggested altering the meeting times when my oldest attended this school for parents who work and again while my youngest child is attending I suggested the same, but it seems its like a club saved for part time or non-working moms and not all are invited into the club. There is a bullying problem and again some students it is taken seriously but if "mom" is on the PTO it is either brushed under the rug, excused, or blame is transferred to another student. ***Beware in the winter, this school is on a hill and is often ice, no delay on most days when ice is really bad**** The first year the Principal was that he was really nice, he is still nice, but you can tell the novelty is wearing off for him.

As of 2011 West Hill has a new principal, and I think he is excellent. He is a welcome from the old one that just seemed to go through the motions. The teachers are wonderful as well. I went to West Hill when it first opened in the 60's, and now my boys go there as well, with the exception of cultural changes of 45 years, the experience is the same. Anyone that does not think West Hill a good school, knows nothing about education

i have two boys that go to west hill school. and i think it is one of the best schools in mercer county.

West Hill's teachers are of the utmost quality. I will be paying tuition for my children to attend West Hill Elementary. The quality education and amount of care that teachers show is phenomenal.

West Hill's teachers are okay but the rest of the staff has yet to be desired. The new principal is not very friendly and the rest of the staff could use a little more smiles on their faces. I agree with the one person - they don't encourage parent/child involvement. They discourage it. Also, they never upkeep the entrance area - someone could get hurt. They don't care where parents park and they don't care that parents are smoking on school grounds. Not where I want my kid(s) to go, but don't have a choice.

I find the Teachers are under so much presure to have their students do well on their state testing that the students are put under to much presure months before, the students lose out in the fundamentals. Their is no extracurricular activites during school and the parent involement is nonexcisting due to the low income area.

Last modified West Hill El School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.