K-6 & Ungraded
Sharon, PA

West Hill El School 1

Posted April 10, 2015
I used to think his school was excellent when my first child attended, but have seen some recent issues. Some of the teachers who have been there a while are a little too comfortable in their situation and don't seem to have the best interest of all the children. I have seen teachers be nicer to students that have parents on the PTO, but those of us that work can't attend the daytime meetings and are then left out of any opportunity to be involved. I suggested altering the meeting times when my oldest attended this school for parents who work and again while my youngest child is attending I suggested the same, but it seems its like a club saved for part time or non-working moms and not all are invited into the club. There is a bullying problem and again some students it is taken seriously but if "mom" is on the PTO it is either brushed under the rug, excused, or blame is transferred to another student. ***Beware in the winter, this school is on a hill and is often ice, no delay on most days when ice is really bad**** The first year the Principal was that he was really nice, he is still nice, but you can tell the novelty is wearing off for him.

West Hill El School 5

Posted October 01, 2011
As of 2011 West Hill has a new principal, and I think he is excellent. He is a welcome from the old one that just seemed to go through the motions. The teachers are wonderful as well. I went to West Hill when it first opened in the 60's, and now my boys go there as well, with the exception of cultural changes of 45 years, the experience is the same. Anyone that does not think West Hill a good school, knows nothing about education

West Hill El School

Posted April 28, 2010
i have two boys that go to west hill school. and i think it is one of the best schools in mercer county.

West Hill El School 5

Posted April 11, 2008
West Hill's teachers are of the utmost quality. I will be paying tuition for my children to attend West Hill Elementary. The quality education and amount of care that teachers show is phenomenal.

West Hill El School 1

Posted October 15, 2007
West Hill's teachers are okay but the rest of the staff has yet to be desired. The new principal is not very friendly and the rest of the staff could use a little more smiles on their faces. I agree with the one person - they don't encourage parent/child involvement. They discourage it. Also, they never upkeep the entrance area - someone could get hurt. They don't care where parents park and they don't care that parents are smoking on school grounds. Not where I want my kid(s) to go, but don't have a choice.

West Hill El School 2

Posted February 11, 2007
I find the Teachers are under so much presure to have their students do well on their state testing that the students are put under to much presure months before, the students lose out in the fundamentals. Their is no extracurricular activites during school and the parent involement is nonexcisting due to the low income area.

West Hill El School 4

Posted September 17, 2006
My children went to this school and got an excellent education! The only problem that I had with this school was they did'nt encourage parent involvement. And I would go as far as saying that they dicouraged it.

West Hill El School 4

Posted June 10, 2004
West Hill school consists of very awesome teachers at all grade levels. We have a new principal this year, and miss Mr. Hoffman deeply. I'm sure once the new principal is in a few years, she will relax and hopefully be a bit nicer and relaxed with parents and children. There is a problem with bullying in the school, but parents need to be aware that they have to get involved to avoid this.

West Hill El School
301 Ellsworth St, Sharon, PA  16146
Last modified West Hill El School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Hill El School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top