K-6 & Ungraded
Sharon, PA

Case Avenue El School 1

Posted January 08, 2014
This is a terrible school and so is the High school. They preach no bullying, yet it is allowed and ignored. Some teachers treat students above their age level and others below. The principal doesn't have a clue what is going on in her school. The 25 book standard is ridiculous, having an average child who doesn't like to read and a higher than average child who loves to read. This standard turned them both off from reading. They dramatize and make 9/11 some sort of "fantasy game" for 4th graders. They go too far outside the box with some of their teachings without parental approval. As someone else said in their review, unless your part of the "lived here forever with money in crowd" then your children don't matter. And those parents don't care about what their children are being taught. I'm fortunate enough that I was able to put my children in Cyber school and it is so much better!

Posted July 03, 2012
I feel so fortunate to have children go to Case Avenue Elementary School. We have had great teachers every year who truly care about the kids. I want to talk about one teacher in particular: Mrs. Karen Frazer. One of my children was fortunate enough to have Mrs. Frazer twice due to a change in teaching assignments. I don't know who squealed louder when we got the letter in the mail; me or my child. Mrs. Frazer not only teaches her students academics, she tries to instill in them how to treat people and how to be respectful. She is firm and demands respect, and yet is warm and loving and respectful herself of each and every student in her classroom. She is approachable and easy to talk to. Mrs. Frazer is loud, she sings, she plays all kinds of music in her classroom that my child wants to go to the store and buy. She is always smiling, laughing, and giving 110 % to each and every person who passes her way. Her students love every minute they spend with her. I want to say thank you to Sharon City School District, Case Avenue Elementary School teachers, principal Ms. Valentino, and, of course, Mrs. Frazer.

Case Avenue El School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
My first and fourth grade sons have had terrific teachers and wonderful experiences at Case Ave. I believe that the people interacting with my children really care about their success !

Case Avenue El School 4

Posted March 25, 2010
Case Avenue is a wonderful school. I have had 2 children attend, my 14 year old who is now an 8th grader at the high school and my 10 year old who is now in 4th grade. We have had nothing but extremely positive experiences with each and every teacher. Sharon is at least equal, if not better than, other districts in the county in the area of special needs children. The violence issue at the high school noted below in the 1/28/08 review has decreased dramatically and I don't think was ever any worse than at any other area school.

Posted March 24, 2010
Truely love Case Avenue!! I feel very secure with my child attending there. Every teacher he has had and has encountered has been wonderful! Everyone goes above and beyond for the children and parents. What a great help they ALL are!

Case Avenue El School 1

Posted January 28, 2008
Unfortunately as a former student and current parent of a student at this school, I can honestly that it does not live up to the high standards that some of these reviews attribute to it. One area that I take issue with is the apparent low priority placed on music and arts in comparison with other schools in the locality. The school also seems to lack resources - and interest in aiding students with special needs. This school community is very tight knit for those who have a higher income and or status and tends to eschew those families who don't fit this criteria. Schools in other local districts have given their students individual personal laptop computers in recent years while Sharon's main financial focus seems to be it's athletics programs, namely, football. H.S. violence is an issue. There are certainly better schools in the area to explore.

Posted March 18, 2006
I have two kids at Case Avenue, and have had nothing but a great experience. Excellent teachers (every one we've had - with no duplication) , great reading and writing focus, wonderful sense of 'team', excellent motivational tools. Honestly, I don't think I could be happier than I have been with Case Avenue. The teachers and principals are first rate, and work together to make this the outstanding school it is.

Posted September 10, 2005
Excellent elementary school! The teachers are excellent, the administration is always helpful and cheerful, and it is a very safe and positive learning environment. The school board also voted recently to begin renovations on the building, so when it is finished it will become the gem that it could be.

Case Avenue El School 3

Posted July 28, 2005
My daughter attended Case Ave. for her 3rd grade year. It seems to me that the curriculum is so geared towards literacy that math is put on the back burner. We moved here from Texas the summer after she completed her 2nd grade year. I was shocked to see that she was working on the same math material that she had at the BEGINNING of her 2nd grade year. Also, there was very little homework sent home. All that was required most nights was 15-20 minutes of reading. I also felt like parent involvement was not strongly encouraged. The PTO meetings were held at a time when most people were at work and could not attend. Also, there was no 'back to school night' and I didn't even get to meet her teacher until the 6th week of school. I am glad that she will be somewhere different this year.

Case Avenue El School 3

Posted July 05, 2005
- a former student

Case Avenue El School
36 Case Ave, Sharon, PA  16146
Last modified Case Avenue El School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Case Avenue El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top