Smethport, PA

Smethport Area Junior-Senior High School 5

Posted September 24, 2007

Posted March 30, 2007
- a former student
This School has always boasted being able to give rural students a top tier education despite its remote location. The academic standards are high for a school this size. The athletics have a long tradition of playing at a higher level than any of the surrounding schools. This school has statewide recognition and strives to stay on top in district nine. Parent involvement is high. Parent involvement is also a little on the home town first track. If you just moved to smethport you will not find a warm welcome. Unless your child can excel at both acedemics and athletics.

Posted August 26, 2006
- a former student
I think the previous two reviews were a bit off based especially the first. I am currently in my senior year of college and am doing excellent espcially because of the education I received at Smethport. In my time here I was amazed at some of the basic skills that my classmates had no idea of but we were taught in junior high. Also, Smethport teachers stressed respect for ourselves, others, and authority - something that isn't exactly taught now days. Also, I do not really remember seeing athletes getting special treatment. It was always circulated that they did out of bitterness, but they really didn't. If there's any real problem with the school it's the students who attend. The community is very close-minded and unwilling to accept anyone who is different.

Posted December 02, 2004
- a former student
I feel that our teachers did a great job given the amount of authority they had and the ability we as students put forth. The students at Smethport ran the school and those playing sports had even more room to do as they pleased. Myself included.

Smethport Area Junior-Senior High School 2

Posted June 21, 2004
- a former student
The teachers are just high paid babysitters I learned nothing from most of them, only a little from a few. I learned everything pretty much on my own by reading and by learning first hand from other people.

Smethport Area Junior-Senior High School 5

Posted February 24, 2004

Smethport Area Junior-Senior High School
412 South Mechanic St, Smethport, PA  16749
Last modified Smethport Area Junior-Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smethport Area Junior-Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top