Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This gem of a school makes middle school--and learning--fun! It channels the interests and talents of its entire community, including teachers and support staff, to foster an engaging and positive environment. The school uses its resources nimbly, offering a number of one-of-a-kind experiences and extra-curricular opportunities.

My son is thriving at CLC. I was dreading his middle school years, but CLC has exceeded my expectations in making him feel like a vital member of their family. He enjoys school now that he is attending CLC. This was not the case at his previous school. I would highly recommend CLC as a great choice for those hard to navigate middle school years.

Amazing...who loves middle school? My three kids! This is an amazing school, the best in town, more diversity in income than state college schools, project based, teacher led, engaging, community, wonderful feeling in this school. Great clubs and free after school and before school programs. Can't say enough wonderful things about the teachers. My kids love learning again.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have been happy with all the teachers, because I have had three kids in their program, I've had almost all of the teachers, and because it's such a small school, the kids will get all the teachers at one time or another for one subject or another so I can say that they are all stellar. They care, and a caring teacher is the most important thing to middle school children.

Amount of homework: Agree

While I see my friends' kids struggling with too much homework and having to curtail church activities, my kids are engaged and doing a good amount of homework. They are responsible for their projects, but they have time during the day to get their work done.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This is a very small school, 100 kids in 4 classes with two certified teachers in every 25 child classroom...it's a small community and everyone knows what is going on with all the kids all the time...truly like a village raising the child.

I am so lucky to have this school in my kids lives! My daughter did great in elementary school here in State College but she definitely was getting bored. She is never bored at the CLC. Always challenging herself. The teachers LOVE their jobs and guide the kids through projects that they are interested in. She has a great work ethic and there never seems to be any kid drama. There are lots of choices in State College and schools that allow flexibility but the CLC is amazing at project based learning. Teaching communication, confidence, real life science, engineering, thoughtfulness, analysis, and grit! It has been amazing really. They even have a great after school program with so many options, and my daughter rarely wants to come home right after school. My son can't wait to start in 5th grade.

Project and technology based, very safe environment, such a great teacher/student ratio. They really focus on teamwork & friendship. Great teachers, very easy to be involved and they do so many amazing things for such a small school

My son started school at CLC this year and loves it.... he has learned so much. We have been very happy with the school. The teachers are excellent as well as very caring. They communicate well with parents. This school also has excellent specials and after school programs.

I <3 CLC... The best school in the world... so much technology and involving research and discovery. It is so much better than other schools that I have been to it is very hands on, lot of building and so much fun... (CLC Class of 2011)

Last modified Centre Learning Community Cs is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.