Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted November 06, 2015
My husband and I had a lovely time at Grandparents' Day with Ms Bennet's class and enjoyed the Halloween parade. The events were well organized, the staff friendly and welcoming, and the children seemed at ease in a comfortable environment. It is a 12 hr trip to our home in Maine and we were not disappointed. Great job!

Posted October 24, 2015
The teachers are wonderful! The class sizes are small so the teachers have more one on one time with the kids! My child comes home happy every day, she loves school!

Young Scholars of Central PA CS
Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 28, 2015
It's either too much or too little. There were days when my child spent up to five hours on homework.

Young Scholars of Central PA CS 1

Posted August 28, 2015
Awful school especially once your child hits fifth grade. The teachers are largely inexperienced and police the kids more than they teach. The classroom environment is disruptive leaving those wanting to learn frustrated and helpless. Administration does not care to listen to parents and address concerns. To further add to this, some teachers lack fluency in English.

Posted July 26, 2015
This school is wonderful.The staff,principal and the teachers are all very good and cooperative.I love their diversity and languages program. I have been fortunate to send my son to this school he loves it and I would send my little one here too.

Posted April 02, 2015
Young Scholars of Central PA continues to impress us. Listening to our son share with our family what he loves about school brings a smile to my face.

Posted January 24, 2015
Both of my children go to Young Scholars of Central PA Charter School. We could not be happier there! I am a very involved parent and communicate often with the teachers. Contrary to some posts, I know that all of the teachers that my children have had are certified elementary teachers with some even having a masters degree. All of the teachers that we have had experiences with are very caring and have my children's best interests at heart. The staff is all very friendly and I love that the principal knows all of the students by name. I would highly recommend YSCP to any family that is looking around at schools.

Posted January 24, 2015
Between two states, and 3 other school districts, Young Scholars has been the best fit for my son. He has never been this motivated to learn to read. Speak Chinese, as well as English. And genuinely happy to go to school in the morning. I have not met a teacher, or administrator, that is not willing to go above and beyond to help him, excite him, and motivate him.

Posted January 23, 2015
YSCP aims to treat everyone, whether student, staff, or parent, like a family. I was welcomed into this family from day one, and I can tell you that I have never worked with such a caring, friendly, knowledgable staff before. Every teacher bends over backwards for the students at YSCP. The staff is not only highly experienced, but many teachers have multiple certifications and degrees. I am proud to call this school home.

Young Scholars of Central PA CS 1

Posted January 22, 2015
Inexperienced teachers combined with weak, ineffectual administration. We might as well be home-schooling our children with the amount of time we spend tutoring on material that was not taught effectively in the classroom. Too much "independent learning" (placing the burden on parents to teach the children) and too much classtime spent in front of Disney videos.

Young Scholars of Central PA CS
1530 Westerly Parkway, State College, PA  16801
Last modified Young Scholars of Central PA CS is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.