K-8 & Ungraded
Public charter
State College, PA
After care: No

Posted July 26, 2015
This school is wonderful.The staff,principal and the teachers are all very good and cooperative.I love their diversity and languages program. I have been fortunate to send my son to this school he loves it and I would send my little one here too.

Posted April 02, 2015
Young Scholars of Central PA continues to impress us. Listening to our son share with our family what he loves about school brings a smile to my face.

Posted January 24, 2015
Both of my children go to Young Scholars of Central PA Charter School. We could not be happier there! I am a very involved parent and communicate often with the teachers. Contrary to some posts, I know that all of the teachers that my children have had are certified elementary teachers with some even having a masters degree. All of the teachers that we have had experiences with are very caring and have my children's best interests at heart. The staff is all very friendly and I love that the principal knows all of the students by name. I would highly recommend YSCP to any family that is looking around at schools.

Posted January 24, 2015
Between two states, and 3 other school districts, Young Scholars has been the best fit for my son. He has never been this motivated to learn to read. Speak Chinese, as well as English. And genuinely happy to go to school in the morning. I have not met a teacher, or administrator, that is not willing to go above and beyond to help him, excite him, and motivate him.

Posted January 23, 2015
YSCP aims to treat everyone, whether student, staff, or parent, like a family. I was welcomed into this family from day one, and I can tell you that I have never worked with such a caring, friendly, knowledgable staff before. Every teacher bends over backwards for the students at YSCP. The staff is not only highly experienced, but many teachers have multiple certifications and degrees. I am proud to call this school home.

Young Scholars of Central PA CS 1

Posted January 22, 2015
Inexperienced teachers combined with weak, ineffectual administration. We might as well be home-schooling our children with the amount of time we spend tutoring on material that was not taught effectively in the classroom. Too much "independent learning" (placing the burden on parents to teach the children) and too much classtime spent in front of Disney videos.

Posted January 20, 2015
YSCP does an excellent job as a multi-cultural school in educating children K-8th grade. The middle school students love the small classes and the friendliness of their classmates in a tight-knit environment where they have great relationships with teachers. Students learn Chinese and Spanish in all grades and they can also learn Turkish. The after school program runs until 5:15 pm and is very affordable.

Young Scholars of Central PA CS 1

Posted January 19, 2015
We are very disappointed: As educators, we know that the foundation for a high-quality education are engaged and engaging, highly skilled teachers who foster a love for learning. The higher the grade, the more disappointing our experience at Young Scholars: less efforts to instruct the kids (lots of computerized testing in addition to PSSA-prep), lots of screen time (with non-educational content), not much willingness to have parents involved in classroom. There is no way we will stay there for middle school! Actively looking elsewhere right now!

Posted November 24, 2014
I could not say enough good things about Young Scholars! The teachers and administrators are wonderful! They are very hands-on with the students. The foreign language curriculums and awesome after-school programs are just a wonderful bonus to an already great school!

Posted October 23, 2014
I love how close knit the school is and the Director knows all the kids names which is amazing.

Young Scholars of Central PA CS
1530 Westerly Parkway, State College, PA  16801
Last modified Young Scholars of Central PA CS is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Young Scholars of Central PA CS Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top