State College, PA
After care: No

Posted April 13, 2014
I am the parent of a Grace Prep student, and a frequent volunteer at the school. Each day I witness teachers and staff bending over backwards for these kids, caring for them-- mind, body, soul and spirit. There is no "typical" Grace Prep student; they come from all walks of life. Whether from a privileged background or "the wrong side of the tracks", you can find (as my daughter says) your "second home" at Grace Prep... Just be prepared to be challenged by dedicated teachers who are not afraid to employ tough love as they help guide you to God's best for your life.

Grace Prep High School 4

Posted April 10, 2014
Students at Grace Prep are very blessed to be in a school that teaches them how to thrive, not just survive. They are prepared for life, not just to get in to a college. They learn the importance of honesty and integrity, not just how to take tests. Their Senior Project , a requirement for graduation, encourages each student to explore a passion--the good, the bad and the ugly. It is a masterful way to push them out of their comfort zone into unknown territory. The research, projects and presentations they create to communicate their effort is truly inspiring. Could Grace Prep be improved? Of course. The school should do a better job of fundraising, it runs on a shoestring. The school could offer music and art-- they do their best but the funds just aren't there. But, in the end, the students leave Grace Prep ready to explore a world that is very challenging. With an underpinning of integrity and a strong relationship with God, Grace graduates are launched well prepared to develop their gifts.

Grace Prep High School 3

Posted October 16, 2013
My nephew was in attendance at Grace Prep and I was not pleased with the overall attitude of 'we are better than others' which was burnt into his brain by the teachers and everyone involved with him. I found this same attitude with his male friends attending Grace Prep. I told my nephew that with his attitude of minimizing and marginalizing people not being Christian he was living in a bubble, a make belief bubble and that in the real world of college, work, not everyone is a Christian and not every Christian is a fundamental evangelical Christian. He soon found out I was correct. This school is either ignorant or apathetic of others not being just like them and is not serving the student's best interest as not one is going to be living on a planet with only fundamental evangelical Christians of their thought. He has already had social problems at work as he finds himself different in an ordinary work environment of all kinds of people and has learned that the grace prep preparation for life which they advertise isn't the real world of work and people. He was never taught to either understand or respect or tolerate those not being Christian.

Posted January 26, 2013
I cannot speak highly enough about this school. I am a youth pastor and have had countless students attend Grace Prep High School. I LOVE it when I hear a student will be attending. Their approach to learning is TRULY unique. Please take a minute and visit their website: www.graceprep.com and read the 40 Points of Grace. You will be inspired. I have seen Grace Prep's extraordinary influence. At Grace Prep, socially awkward students blossom, academically challenged students excel, non-traditional learners be inspired and teenagers consistently exceed expectations time and time again. The intersection of faith and real life happens at Grace Prep High School. Teenagers need MORE schools like this one. I hope you consider sending your child to Grace Prep - or encouraging someone else to send theirs!

Posted December 06, 2012
Wow! That first review doesn't describe Grace Prep at all. I guess every school or organization has its share of people full of sour grapes. As for not all the teachers having regular "teaching" certification, this is what i love about the model. They bring the best people in for the job. Their rate of teachers with Master's degrees is far above the average. For example, Bill Gates couldn't teach a computer class because he's not certified. Warren Buffet couldn't teach a finance course. (Shakespeare couldn't have taught English:) Some of the teachers are University Professors without traditional certificates. Furthermore, Dannah Gresh is one of the premiere Christian authors on teenagers and (and parenting teens) and guides many of the parents and teens through everyday challenges. She's sold more than a million books and is internationally-known. Sheknows what she's doing...as does the rest of the staff. Certainly a small school won't fit everyone's needs, but you can ask any of us who are parents of graduates and we will tell you that Grace Prep prepared our kids for life!

Posted December 06, 2012
I am the parent of a child who attends Grace Prep. The teachers are exceptional not only caring about my child's academic progress, but also her spiritual, emotional, and relational progress. What other school has teachers who spend their evenings and weekends mentoring their students? It is definitely a school where my daughter is thriving.

Posted December 06, 2012
Grace Prep is not for the mediocre. Grace Prep is for the God-loving kid that wants to excel; it is for the seeking kid who wants to make a difference; it is for the kid that has never stuck out in a crowd to be noticed for who they are and all they have to offer. My daughter attends Grace Prep and has made solid friendships she will have for a lifetime. She has teachers that appreciate her quirkiness and push her to succeed. She has staff and administrators who know who she is and what she is about. They all want her to stretch herself and reach her potential. If someone doesn't succeed at Grace Prep, it is because they either refuse to become transparent or don't want to acheive their true potential. As for my daughter, Grace Prep has "Prepared her for life".

Grace Prep High School 1

Posted August 05, 2012
Grace Prep was a school I spent one year at. During my time I felt ashamed of myself often. Constantly I was being belittled by the staff and told that I wasn't acting the way God wanted me to act. Not all teachers there have teaching degrees which is something if my parents had know before sending me they wouldn't have. The school treats males like they are worthless always putting females first. Kids there are talked down to and all together its just not a good environment. I am so happy being out of the school and into a different one because of the way I was treated there. Beware it seems fine at first but I have never thought a school would treat a student the way I was treated even to the point where I was called a name by a teacher in front of the class just for saying I didn't understand what that teacher was saying.

Posted July 18, 2012
It was the best decision we ever made! The faculty is the best! They are not only academically talented, but they will walk with your child through life. Exceptional mentoring program. Call now and write the check because it is worth it! It was a leap for us to jump into private education, but sacrificing one new car in exchange for what my child turns out in four years is worth it!

Grace Prep High School 0

Posted May 19, 2009
There is no other school like this one. The school provides a superior education and excellent life experiences. Such as white water rafting, kayaking, immersing in different cultures, broadway plays, and so much more. I encourage anyone to visit their website at graceprep.com to find out more.

Grace Prep High School
848 Science Park Road, State College, PA  16801
Last modified Grace Prep High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Grace Prep High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top