Steelton, PA

Steelton-Highspire High School 4

Posted December 11, 2011
I went to Steelton for about 5 years and I have to say it's wether your commited to learning or not. Yes there's drama but that comes along through every school...You won't have any problems with people as long as you don't judge. I love it!! &I would definitley recommend this school {despite all the false info everyone is told}.

Posted March 09, 2010

Steelton-Highspire High School 4

Posted October 27, 2009
Steelton is average let me tell you the math teachers are great

Posted May 12, 2008

Posted May 08, 2008

Posted December 17, 2007

Posted June 05, 2007
I think Steel High is an okay school. My child is getting good grades at that school and their test scores are rapidly improving. Their discipline is also getting better. When I looked at her test scores she was scoring in proficent or advanced. I do recommend sending your child to this school.

Steelton-Highspire High School 3

Posted January 26, 2007
My brother attends this school. The first problem is the school district doesn't want to change with the times. The teachers do not reflect the student body. The school is majority black, how about some positive role models of black teachers. Also, the teachers are old and are not willing to try new teaching methods. I really think that teachers should have to retire at a certain time in order to keep our kids competitive. The books are ridiculous and because they don't allow the teachers to unionize, they don't get the best.

Posted August 24, 2006
I am a student from Steelton-Highspire High School and oppose many of the people that say that Steel High is a bad school. The same people that are telling people to keep their kids away only think they know what's going between those walls. Everyday in the newspaper, you always hear about bad things. Sometimes it's true but most of the time the so called 'facts' are so fiction. Steel- High has taught me alot of things, and whoever told you guys we only care about sports is wrong. The real reason we are so into sports is because they want to keep kids off the streets and in the school. So before you go and make rumors Read the Facts.

Posted August 17, 2006
My recommendation is not to send your children to this school ... it has very poor acedemics and they have a lot of problems.

Steelton-Highspire High School
Swatara St and Reynders Ave, Steelton, PA  17113
Last modified Steelton-Highspire High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Steelton-Highspire High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top