Steelton, PA

Posted June 19, 2012
Very good school. Teachers and staff are very friendly. My child's grades have improved greatly.

Steelton-Highspire High School 4

Posted December 11, 2011
I went to Steelton for about 5 years and I have to say it's wether your commited to learning or not. Yes there's drama but that comes along through every school...You won't have any problems with people as long as you don't judge. I love it!! &I would definitley recommend this school {despite all the false info everyone is told}.

Steelton-Highspire High School 4

Posted October 27, 2009
Steelton is average let me tell you the math teachers are great

Posted June 05, 2007
I think Steel High is an okay school. My child is getting good grades at that school and their test scores are rapidly improving. Their discipline is also getting better. When I looked at her test scores she was scoring in proficent or advanced. I do recommend sending your child to this school.

Steelton-Highspire High School 3

Posted January 26, 2007
My brother attends this school. The first problem is the school district doesn't want to change with the times. The teachers do not reflect the student body. The school is majority black, how about some positive role models of black teachers. Also, the teachers are old and are not willing to try new teaching methods. I really think that teachers should have to retire at a certain time in order to keep our kids competitive. The books are ridiculous and because they don't allow the teachers to unionize, they don't get the best.

Posted August 24, 2006
I am a student from Steelton-Highspire High School and oppose many of the people that say that Steel High is a bad school. The same people that are telling people to keep their kids away only think they know what's going between those walls. Everyday in the newspaper, you always hear about bad things. Sometimes it's true but most of the time the so called 'facts' are so fiction. Steel- High has taught me alot of things, and whoever told you guys we only care about sports is wrong. The real reason we are so into sports is because they want to keep kids off the streets and in the school. So before you go and make rumors Read the Facts.

Steelton-Highspire High School 1

Posted August 17, 2006
My recommendation is not to send your children to this school ... it has very poor acedemics and they have a lot of problems.

Steelton-Highspire High School 1

Posted May 09, 2005
I would reccommend that you do not send your child to this school district unless your only reason is the sports program. The academic standards are pathetic. I have been asked to stop reading with my child since he is too far ahead of the other kids. If your child gets hurt it is always your fault or your child's , never the responsibility of teachers, or another students, if that student is an athlete.

Steelton-Highspire High School 2

Posted February 22, 2005
As a taxpayer, I am very concerned about our local public school system. Spending more money on a state of the art building is not going to improve the educational process. Not only are our students poorly motivated, it appears that many of the teachers are also merely putting in their time. While parental involvement is often cited as a true need for a successful union, in reality such involvement is actually discouraged. Despite what the administration may think, there are many college educated people within our community. We do have great ideas, but many of us are ignored. Yes, one of my children went to your high school while the other went to a private school. Sports programs are highly successful. However, there is inadequate availability in the music and arts department. Remember the wonderful spring musicals? Let us stop making excuses for our kids. Their job is school.

Steelton-Highspire High School 2

Posted September 05, 2004
To add to my original comments I have another child who is currently in the 8th grade which has an IEP that I have had to initiate completely in the last 2 years. He has been labeled as 'bad kid' due to his problems with ADHD. You have teachers who can't beging to relate to these type of children. Before the school board and district thinks about building another school and wasting taxpayers money why don't they think of taking care of the academics. Look at the schools profile and test scores. 'Would you be satisfied with 50% to 60% overall scores? That's average, is that what our kids deserve? I have personally seen kids leave our district and go to others and fail. More parents need to speak up and be heard at school board meetings. Who is going to fight for our kids if we don't? Noone else cares.

Steelton-Highspire High School
Swatara St and Reynders Ave, Steelton, PA  17113
Last modified Steelton-Highspire High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Steelton-Highspire High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top