Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Great school, great teachers, great kids, and great administration... With the district now using PA Core I'm sure our kids are going to be career and college ready!

The kids here are terrible. It's one step up from the zoo of Susquehanna Township.

I moved to this district a few months ago, and I have to say I am not pleased. The teachers are good and they really care as do the counselors, but the students are disrespectful and rude. If you can concentrate above the distractions of the unruly students, you will get a good education. Maybe. PS. Not that it matters that much, but the food is god awful.

Our two daughters attend SMS and we continue to have a great experience with genuinely caring and dedicated faculty, a solid discipline plan and a curriculum that is significantly more rigorous than other schools we have looked at. So far, so good.

SMS is one of the worst schools I have ever had to send my one of my children to. The Secretaries are not nice. The teachers think they know your children better then you do and somehow think they can tell you what you should do with your child. I am very gald they got rid of the principal recently. We had someone actually watching over our children that could not seem to lay off the bottle. Thank god the school board had the intellegence to get rid of him before he lead the kids wrong. I agree with someone else if I could afford to move it would be far out from this whole school district.

My daughter attends SMS. She is in 7th grade. She had a wonderful 6th grade year. We had one issue with one girl at the end of the year and it was taken care of right away. She is now taking among other things Algebra and Latin. She plays field hockey and is in the chorus. She loves her school.

This district makes sure that no child is left behind by having expectations so low that the kids aren't learning anything. The teachers are mostly young with no experience. The principal is good, but his hands are tied by a bunch of whiny parents whose little darlings can do no wrong. If I could afford to move, I most certainly would.

The quality of education is at the utmost importance of the teachers and principal at SMS. The wealth of resources, afterschool activities, and a great parent involvement through the PTA are just some of this schools great effects of showing an all around support within the school and community. We need more teachers and principals to be understanding and concerned for our students future like those working at SMS. This is truly a great school!

sms is an awsome school! The teachers are care alot about the children, both educationally and personally. The principals views and visions to educate EVERY child to the best of their potential has been implimented high regard and great success!! Swatara Middle School is where you want your chikd to be.

Last modified Swatara Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.