Steelton, PA

Tri-Community El School 3

Posted April 29, 2012
The school is located in a low income area & the school is out dated. Overall the teachers worked with what they have but mostly teach to test which so far have not helped because they are still sub par. Parents are involved and that is nice to see. Special Needs students lack the support they need to excel because the services are not available and the school is not equipped to give the tools they need. Over all the school is fine if your child is an average student anything else look elsewhere.

Tri-Community El School 4

Posted February 18, 2012
I love the school. My child is doing well and I'm very happy with the teachers. The school is incorrectly listed here as being K-6, but it is K-5. It is a safe school. There are no guns and drugs at this school. A ridiculous statement about kids age 5 through 11. Make no mistake about it, most of the negative comments on here are simply due to the fact that 30 years ago it was mainly an all-white school and now it is not. That is a harsh reality for many older white suburban dwellers. The school has kids from many different ethnic backgrounds and that fact just angers some bigots. The school hasn't gone downhill, these bigots are just scared that their white children may grow up to date a person who is black or brown.

Posted February 09, 2011
This school is so below standards that it should be shut down. The teachers have what appears to be an 8th grade education, they don't care. And though some claim to be parents they have no idea how to handle children. Children get bullied, nothing gets done no matter who reports it until the child being bullied stands up for him/herself, then the bullied child gets disciplined, and labeled a bad kid. If I could afford to I'd quit my job and home-school my kids. 2 stars is too generous.

Tri-Community El School 5

Posted June 02, 2009
I have never had any problems with this school. I have a daughter currently attending, and a son who is now in Swatara Middle School, who attended since first grade. The teachers were always nice and interested. They, and other admin staff seem to go above and beyond 'typical' care and concern of students and learning abilities. I have had no scholastic issues with this school, and have no intentions of removing my children.

Posted February 27, 2006
I was extremely disapointed in this school. My child was struggling in his education and the teacher's attitude was poor. Each year, they progressed him forward, although I asked that he be held back. Many of the teachers had angry attitudes, and they pushed 'ADD' and Ritalin at the first sign of educational struggle. There were a lot of bullies in that school and it seemed the principal looked the other way. I had many problems there, to the point where I moved out of this school district completely. My children are now thriving in their new location. I wish your children well.

Tri-Community El School 4

Posted January 30, 2006

Posted November 16, 2005
I have had nothing but trouble with this school. I have a 2nd grader that attends the school and he hates it. He gets made fun of and beat up, what kind of school lets the children get away with that? I don't agree with the fact that the kids have to act like they are in high school with the theings they need to know and if they don't know them to the schools standards they are labeled to have a disability. I do not like the way things are run, kids are kids and they should not be rushed in growing up.

Tri-Community El School 5

Posted June 02, 2004
I think this school is good. There are soom bad kids there but it starts with the parents. Parents must show an intrist. Be a part of there school also. Help them with homework. Get involed. That will help some problems at the schools.

Posted April 17, 2004
This was a Great school but it has gone down hill to where we had to pull our kids out. The drugs the guns and the riff raff has turned it into a slum school. I am sorry to speak this way but I went to this school when I was a kid, and it is not the same.

Tri-Community El School
255 Cypress St, Steelton, PA  17113
Last modified Tri-Community El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tri-Community El School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top