Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 18, 2016
The secretary in the main office, not sure what her name is but she's very helpful

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 18, 2016
Teaching wise they are great but overall they have no tolerance or patients for small things and they need to because they're dealing with lil kids

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 18, 2016
First graders shouldn't be stressed out about the amount if homework they have. Multiple assignments each day and tests every week

Tri-Community El School 3

Posted May 18, 2016
When it comes to learning, my child has improved 100% since being here. But I will say the staff isn't very friendly, and if you want to be involved as a parent its very limited, almost non existent. The teachers are very strict, and my kid doesn't feel as if the teachers care about him at all. They,re too focused on the lil things that don't matter

Posted October 01, 2015
The office staff it's ok but the teachers let me tell you they act like they hate being in the school they don't show interest in teaching the kids anything they want the child to know everything it's like they go to school just to have a pay check my child comes everyday telling me "I don't want to go to that school no more " my child have being bullied several times by the same student my child reported to the teacher and the teacher reaction was you complained to much this bully continues to bullied my child my child tells me, I go to the office I ask to speak to the principal never ever talk to the principal the have me speaking with the counselor nothing it's done about it when I told my child next time defend your self from this bullied my child do as I told my child gets in trouble but the bullied don't I DO NOT Like this school for my child I'm looking to move now and take my child out of this school.

Tri-Community El School 3

Posted April 29, 2012
The school is located in a low income area & the school is out dated. Overall the teachers worked with what they have but mostly teach to test which so far have not helped because they are still sub par. Parents are involved and that is nice to see. Special Needs students lack the support they need to excel because the services are not available and the school is not equipped to give the tools they need. Over all the school is fine if your child is an average student anything else look elsewhere.

Tri-Community El School 4

Posted February 18, 2012
I love the school. My child is doing well and I'm very happy with the teachers. The school is incorrectly listed here as being K-6, but it is K-5. It is a safe school. There are no guns and drugs at this school. A ridiculous statement about kids age 5 through 11. Make no mistake about it, most of the negative comments on here are simply due to the fact that 30 years ago it was mainly an all-white school and now it is not. That is a harsh reality for many older white suburban dwellers. The school has kids from many different ethnic backgrounds and that fact just angers some bigots. The school hasn't gone downhill, these bigots are just scared that their white children may grow up to date a person who is black or brown.

Posted February 09, 2011
This school is so below standards that it should be shut down. The teachers have what appears to be an 8th grade education, they don't care. And though some claim to be parents they have no idea how to handle children. Children get bullied, nothing gets done no matter who reports it until the child being bullied stands up for him/herself, then the bullied child gets disciplined, and labeled a bad kid. If I could afford to I'd quit my job and home-school my kids. 2 stars is too generous.

Tri-Community El School 5

Posted June 02, 2009
I have never had any problems with this school. I have a daughter currently attending, and a son who is now in Swatara Middle School, who attended since first grade. The teachers were always nice and interested. They, and other admin staff seem to go above and beyond 'typical' care and concern of students and learning abilities. I have had no scholastic issues with this school, and have no intentions of removing my children.

Posted February 27, 2006
I was extremely disapointed in this school. My child was struggling in his education and the teacher's attitude was poor. Each year, they progressed him forward, although I asked that he be held back. Many of the teachers had angry attitudes, and they pushed 'ADD' and Ritalin at the first sign of educational struggle. There were a lot of bullies in that school and it seemed the principal looked the other way. I had many problems there, to the point where I moved out of this school district completely. My children are now thriving in their new location. I wish your children well.

255 Cypress St, Steelton, PA  17113
Last modified Tri-Community El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.