PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

St. Laurence is a great school with a very strong foundation. The faculty, staff, principal and pastor have dedicated themselves to maintaining that foundation while also making improvements. They take every opportunity to address the parents’ concerns and the students’ needs. Their attitudes give me the desire to do all I can for the school. My son has been in St. Laurence since the 4th grade and is now just started the 8th grade. It has been a wonderful, enriching experience. The current principal started after his first year and I have always felt her enthusiasm for St. Laurence. I have been impressed with St. Laurence and immensely glad that I have an opportunity to be part of this school. My son loves St. Laurence, his caring teachers, his many sports and a host of school activities. Great job, St. Laurence!

We are very happy with the choice we made to send our child to St. Laurence School. Loving and patient faculty teach in a warm and friendly learning environment. What makes the school really special is the emphasis that is put on the Arts. Students can be involved with the drama club, band, strings, Honors Choir and the worship band. Students also find opportunities to grow in the graphic art discipline by being part of the art club and having art as a regular class. Our child has really thrived in several of these areas over the past few years and we are excited to see how this preparation in these activities will translate into high school in a few years. St. Laurence also has several athletic teams for students to participate. It provides the students yet another friendly environment in which students from all over the area get together and work on a common goal.

Our family has had the pleasure of being involved with Saint Laurence School since 2007. When we made the decision to enroll our youngest son in Pre-K, we had no idea how wonderful a journey it would be for him. Now as he prepares to enter his last year (8th grade), we fondly look back on all the great experiences he and our family have had at Saint Laurence. Our great memories are a combination of the caring teachers, school events and activities and the friends our son/family has made over the last 9 years. Through the years, a few teachers and principals have moved on and new teachers became part of Saint Laurence. However, throughout those transitional times, all teachers and support staff have always been committed to adhering to the school’s mission statement while maintaining a stable, ethical and professional environment for their students. It is our opinion that there are many positive things going on at Saint Laurence. The school fosters a safe and friendly learning environment that encourages student participation and welcomes student inquiry for the betterment every student’s education. The teachers are knowledgeable, approachable and consistently strive to deliver the latest teaching methods and technologies that engage students to subject matter. Teachers, support staff and volunteers are always on hand and eager to help students/parents in an out of school. The principal at Saint Laurence is another plus because she is a person of integrity who is always friendly, approachable, and available to all students and parents.

This school has went downhill over the last 3 years. The principal is horrible and very unapproachable. Some of the current teachers just don't care and you would think they were in grade school. I took my child out in the middle of the year because I was just that unsatisfied and so was my child. The archdiocese should have closed this school and left others open. I wouldn't recommend anyone sending there child there. The extracurricular activities are very unorganized and a few to pick from. They say there hard on bullies, but from a personal experience I have found this to be untrue. The teachers have there favorites and it shows to the other students.

Look this is what I have to say about saint Laurence I've been here since 5th grade and the teachers I've had are awesome except for one but she's gone. Now I've got to say that if your child is in middle school 5-8th that they're guaranteed a really good education. Especially 7th grade those teachers really prepared me for highschool. A full on prep for what you need and plus it's a lot of fun to be there like the Halloween dance McDonald's night etc. Now I can only speak about 5-8 because I wasn't here in any other grades but the other teachers do show a lot of interest from what I've seen. Teachers make sure they teach you what's on a test and I know this from true experience this school made me want to try harder in academics and I did good so send your kids to saint Laurence

The teachers at this school are extremely unprofessional. Many of them have their favorites and the rest of them are treated as dirt. I am a graduate of this school, and Saint Laurence did not even come close to preparing me for the standards of my high school (Saint Joseph's Prep). Many of my classmates who went to Bonner/Prendie talked about how much easier Saint Laurence was. Yes granted there is obviously going to be a difference, but Saint Laurence there is minimal to no work. And if you need help, this is not the place to be. It is only the place for the picture perfect student. If you are not one of the favorites of the school, do not expect to get any recognition for basically any achievement. The "Specials"- music and computers- are poorly taught by teachers who do not seem to have as much knowledge in their fields as they claim to do- let alone the people skills to take this job. The gym teacher makes it obvious she does not want to be there- she has students running until the point of puking then has them play a game while she sits on a hill or wherever playing on her cell phone looking disinterested. Saint Laurence has not been the same as pre-2010 Saint Laurence.

My child has been at St. Laurence for 7 years. I have never encountered a staff member that wasn't helpful. I have always felt that the faculty and staff have had the best interest of the children. There could be more extracurricular activities, and I wish there was some more parent involvement, they are my only real complaints. The home and school association has been brought back, and I think some school spirit will follow. These kids are ranking NATIONALLY in First in Math, NATIONALLY. I think it may honestly be one of the more underrated schools in the county. It's diverse, it's dynamic, it's a great place to learn, and I am honestly glad I chose to send my child here.

New principal and new pastor = new school. This school has gone through many changes over the last several years. They have always had the students best interest at heart even if things were not perfect, but I see a new positive attitude. Bullying was a strong issue in the past; however, it seems they are actively handling situations and shows students it does not belong in the school. Leadership is strong and school spirit is up, which is definitely a reflection from top down. Leadership wants to be here and it shows! I feel confident in my children's education and well being. St. Laurence is back on track. Kudos to staff, teachers, and especially principal and pastor! THANK YOU!!!

I will be pulling my child out of this school after he completes 5th grade. This is his 3rd year there and since he started at this school there have been 3 different principals! I don't think this school has these kids best interest at heart. For the amount of money that we pay in tuition I don't feel like our children are getting anything for it. Tuition is being raised and programs are being snacthed away from our children. WHAT ARE WE PAYING FOR? Communication at this school is absolutely horrible. Why are children responsible for bringing home papers communicting what is going on in the school? You could save a lot of trees there was a PTA that actually spoke to the parents face to face to let them know what is going on every month. The fundraisers are horrible. I think you could take a lot of pointers from neighboring school districts (i.e. Haverford) on programs they offer their students FOR FREE. There is no kind of school spirit that makes the children WANT to come to school and show their school pride. You send home papers for parents to apply for financial aid yet you give none! Please don't be surpirsed if you are on the list next to be closed!

I read these reviews and still enrolled my child because his/my visit was wonderful. After 3 months I will be pulling him out of school. I hate to leave mid year but we are very unhappy. The art and music classes are great but that is it.teachers are old fashioned. Two examples, a child sitting next to my son was being teased because he was adopted. My child got out of his seat to let them know what was happening and he got in trouble for getting out of his seat. Really poor judgement, they didn't care to hear what he had to say, they just saw him getting out of his seat. Another example, during recess one child didn't got in trouble so the entire grade had to stand against the wall during recess. I don't consider this appropriate so we are leaving SLS.

Last modified St. Laurence School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8