Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Disagree

Should be more homework, but my Daughter is to the point where she would look up homework assignments from other schools via the internet to challenge herself even more.

The majority of the teachers there are great. The Principle is great and will invite parents to speak to him directly, and always resolve any issues or concerns you may have with staff or processes.

The Principal is great took money out of his own pocket to buy computers for his students. The crossing guards don't sit in the cars they actually get out and stop the cars.

Some parent refuse to go to Home and School meeting and learn about this and participate how to help out our UNDERPAID teachers. Remind you that they will be FIRED if YOUR child do not do well on the test. How did you do when you were in school K-12. Did you know that they DO use public education funds and Upper Darby School District have to give money to Private and Charter School for their reading and math specialist and other IEP as well. This including transporting them to their schools with our public education funds. Most parents did not know that IT was Highland Park Teachers who wrote out their own grants for their classroom SmartBoard and Home and School Board use their fundraising skills to buy additional SmartBoards to equipment each grade level with technology. 2015-2014 the Upper Darby School District is now equipping K-3 with SmartBoard technology. Highland Park Elementary is ahead, but they are still striving to have their school and children in the 21st century.

Highland park is a wonderful school! The teachers and principal are an excellent group. They go above and beyond for the children. The music is excellent, also the art. Good job!!!

kind of like it but not that good you can get this school but i like this a bit so you decide if you want it

I love highland park. I have read some of the reviews and I can not agree with their assertions. First, the principal (Dr Council) is awesome! He cares about the students, the community, and has created programs that help the students and parents learn. I am very impressed with his commitment to the school. Next, the teachers are great! My son did not know all 52 letters of the alphabet when he stared in first grade. After the first two months, my son was reading books from front to back. His teacher, Ms. Cleale was a breathe of fresh air. She truly cared for my son and worked tirelessly on his behavior and improving his literacy and math levels. His present teacher, Ms. Barrett is great as well and always communicates with my me and wife about his performance. My daughter, on the other hand, who is new this year loves her school. In fact, she hates the weekends. She loves her friends and her teacher. My daughter used to doze off when she was in kindergarden. Maybe because it was a half a day, but her attitude at Highland Park has truly did a 180. My daughter now wants to be a first grade teacher and works tirelessly to impress her teacher, Ms. Fullerton.

Highland Park is the best school ever! Far better than those ignorant, disruptive kids in Bywood and Stonehurst. My neighborhood is filled with Highland Parkers and they are all so sweet. For me, this school isn't very challenging but the teachers work hard and I learn a lot. The music programs are great and recess is awesome! For the parent who said the school yard is a zoo is completely ignorant. The staff out in the school yard supervise us and make sure we put our jackets on when it's cold. Although, I do agree that the principal needs to stop touching our hands because that's how viruses spread.

It is the best school you can send your child to. It has lots of educational programs for kids with difficulties. the gym is big. The music teacher holds Theater Arts.

I was hesitant taking my son from a private school to Highland Park, I was pleasantly surprised. The environment is friendly and my son loves his teacher so do I. My only reservation was academically students were not being challenged. I had to make extra work daily in order to keep him busy, I didn't mind doing it. But for a public school, I think Highland Park is great.

Last modified Highland Park El School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.