1-5 & Ungraded
Upper Darby, PA

Posted June 11, 2014
Highland park is a wonderful school! The teachers and principal are an excellent group. They go above and beyond for the children. The music is excellent, also the art. Good job!!!

Highland Park El School 3

Posted March 03, 2014
kind of like it but not that good you can get this school but i like this a bit so you decide if you want it

Posted February 27, 2014
I love highland park. I have read some of the reviews and I can not agree with their assertions. First, the principal (Dr Council) is awesome! He cares about the students, the community, and has created programs that help the students and parents learn. I am very impressed with his commitment to the school. Next, the teachers are great! My son did not know all 52 letters of the alphabet when he stared in first grade. After the first two months, my son was reading books from front to back. His teacher, Ms. Cleale was a breathe of fresh air. She truly cared for my son and worked tirelessly on his behavior and improving his literacy and math levels. His present teacher, Ms. Barrett is great as well and always communicates with my me and wife about his performance. My daughter, on the other hand, who is new this year loves her school. In fact, she hates the weekends. She loves her friends and her teacher. My daughter used to doze off when she was in kindergarden. Maybe because it was a half a day, but her attitude at Highland Park has truly did a 180. My daughter now wants to be a first grade teacher and works tirelessly to impress her teacher, Ms. Fullerton.

Posted November 05, 2013
Highland Park is the best school ever! Far better than those ignorant, disruptive kids in Bywood and Stonehurst. My neighborhood is filled with Highland Parkers and they are all so sweet. For me, this school isn't very challenging but the teachers work hard and I learn a lot. The music programs are great and recess is awesome! For the parent who said the school yard is a zoo is completely ignorant. The staff out in the school yard supervise us and make sure we put our jackets on when it's cold. Although, I do agree that the principal needs to stop touching our hands because that's how viruses spread.

Posted December 12, 2012
It is the best school you can send your child to. It has lots of educational programs for kids with difficulties. the gym is big. The music teacher holds Theater Arts.

Posted August 01, 2012
I was hesitant taking my son from a private school to Highland Park, I was pleasantly surprised. The environment is friendly and my son loves his teacher so do I. My only reservation was academically students were not being challenged. I had to make extra work daily in order to keep him busy, I didn't mind doing it. But for a public school, I think Highland Park is great.

Posted November 02, 2011
I am Happy with this Highland Park . No complaints from me. My daughter loves this school she is very comfortable there.

Posted October 28, 2011
The quality of academics, activities as well as opportunities for parent involvement is top rate. This is a super school! The teachers are very enthusiastic and eager to help the pupils achieve. Many wonderful programs and projects are happening at Highland Park Elementary School. Truly a terrific school for your child to attend.

Highland Park El School 1

Posted January 18, 2011
I truly can't wait until this school year is over so I can transfer my son. I pay almost $1,800 in school taxes and my son is not challenged at all. I have to make homework up because he doesn't have anything challenging. The teacher told me that my son is extremely bright and expected me to get excited. Well I know he's bright I need help in challenging academically and the teacher is not doing it. I just don't think they know how or they are afraid to leave their comfort zone. I'm afraid that when I transfer him he might be behind his second grade classmates. The ratings from Great Schools are justified. Totally unsatisfied.

Highland Park El School 2

Posted September 30, 2010
I am not happy with this school at all! The school yard is a zoo there is little to no supervision. The over all test schools stink! It"s keep up or to bad, unless your kid is totally slow then they might get noticed. The principle is clueless and inexperienced! wants to high five the kids open handed and then send home a letter about how to prevent the h1n1 virus well heres a clue those 20 kids you just high fived getting of the bus more then have of them just picked there nose, coughed all over there hand or worse hmm no wonder so many kids get sick up there! as for parent involvement there's a handful and your either in the click or your not so be prepared to suck up or get shut out! diversity yeah is diversified alright forget about celebrating any holidays!

Highland Park El School
8301 West Chester Pk, Upper Darby, PA  19082
Last modified Highland Park El School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Park El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top