Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted November 05, 2015
I can only speak from our experience, but I found the teachers to be quite patronizing. One fourth grade teacher clearly has a personal agenda which does not include teaching the curriculum.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted November 05, 2015
Bullying is not punished at this school. The bully is protected, shielded, and more nurtured than the victim.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted November 05, 2015
My child's teacher was not fair or honest, so how could she possibly be a positive example of theses traits?

Nether Providence El School 1

Posted November 05, 2015
Staff and teachers were very rude not only to children, but to parents as well. Humiliating children as a means of behavior modification. Principal ineffective in every way.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 12, 2015
Mrs. Thomas was caring and enthusiastic in a very rigid and insensitive environment. Thank you for all of you efforts.

Nether Providence El School 1

Posted September 12, 2015
We had 2 children at this school for one year and it was a complete nightmare. We moved to this district for the "great schools" and are paying ridiculous taxes for a sub par education. The school does score well via testing but the professionalism and caring of the staff is beyond unacceptable. The aides are rude, unqualified (without degree or certification), and inappropriate. The teachers and aides are bullies. My children would cry every morning, begging me to not to send them back. I picked up my children each afternoon and personally witnessed and heard the librarian and other "helpers" yelling at the students telling them to shut up. One particular aide in my child's class called her (a special needs child) a baby. When I complained and the aide was questioned, the aide admitted to calling my child a baby. She was not reprimanded, but instead continued to work in my child's classroom with instructions to ignore my child and not offer her help. My child sat by herself in a classroom, with her bully, neglected and without academic help. We have this incidence and others documented in writing from the school. We have left this school in an attempt to regain for our children what we have lost in their year at NPE.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 29, 2015
If for no other reason than simple survival. It's either that or end up in therapy.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted June 29, 2015
My son had a fourth grade teacher who "demanded" her students respect her. By Thanksgiving she had done so many horrible things to my son, was such a bully to him, that he no longer respected her. This enraged her even more and thus was even more prickly toward him. It was vicious circle. Respect is like a first impression: you get one shot at it, after that you have to earn it, not demand it.

Nether Providence El School 5

Posted March 22, 2015
We have a fifth grader and a third grader at NPE. NPE facilities are new, modern and state-of-the-art. Excellent technology, and the "specials" are not neglected here, we get weekly or biweekly PE, art, music, and library/tech. We have never had a "bad" teacher at NPE, our kids have thrived, they are doing very well. In every year, I've been impressed with well-organized and hardworking the teachers are, they really get to know our kids and are on top of all areas of strength and weakness. I frequently email teachers, and I always get a pleasant and courteous reply within a day. The school is orderly with an appropriate amount of discipline and structure for young kids I have one shy kid and one outgoing kid, and neither have experienced any bullying or negativity at this school. The music program is excellent, both kids enjoy free lessons and participate in orchestra. I cannot say enough good things about NPE. I will miss it when we move to middle school.

Nether Providence El School 5

Posted March 20, 2015
NPE is the most updated of all the schools in WSSD, having just completed a huge renovation & construction project. The new school is state of the art & beautiful! The children have loved seeing the school change & develop into something new. My 5th grader is regularly challenged to do her best, expectations are high & she has flourished. Both her & I have have loved her teachers & genuinely feel that they care about her well being both academically & socially. We have a younger child that we moved from private school attend NPE because we've been so impressed by their teachers. The parents community is very supportive of the school & any day of the week you'll see parents volunteering to assist in the classroom or extra activities. It's a wonderful school!

410 Moore Rd, Wallingford, PA  19086
Last modified Nether Providence El School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nether Providence El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top