Nether Providence El School 3

Posted November 21, 2014
NPE frustrates me to the fullest. Most of my encounters with staff have truly been disheartening, fake with a touch of elitism. I really don t get it and can t wait to have my children transferred. I also agree with the other parent about bullying being a huge problem (my child has come home in tears) and when I talk to the teacher she acts as everything is fine at school). I also agree with the other parent about the way teacher(s) humiliate the children and talk down to them. Shame on you NPE!

Nether Providence El School 1

Posted June 14, 2014
Bullying is a huge problem at NPE. Staff is not proactive or effective in this matter, nor is the principal. Rudeness is rampant. Also, certain teachers and aids operate with complete impunity, which is never a good thing.

Posted April 23, 2014
My son is finishing up the 2nd grade at NPE and I have another entering kindergarten in the fall. I have been so happy with the teachers and staff at NPE, as well as the other parents I have met. The teachers truly care about the success of their students and there is a real sense of caring. My son is being challenged and encouraged to be the best student he can be.

Posted February 18, 2014
NPE is an excellent school. I am very pleased with the fact that there is order and discipline. Kids are not allowed to run wild, as they do at some schools. Not all parents are happy about that, especially if they have kids who don't behave well. Fair enough. My kids thrive at this school, their teachers are very competent, kind and fair. My kids are learning so much, doing interesting projects and enjoying extracurricular activities. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming. The principal is very responsive and supportive. When I've emailed him with questions, I've gotten a prompt, courteous and satisfying reply.

Nether Providence El School 1

Posted February 01, 2014
If your child is a quiet, obedient lump of clay they will do well here. If not, they will be worn down to submission via whatever humiliating means the teachers can get away with.

Posted January 09, 2014
We LOVE NPE! I have two kids, second and fourth grade. We have had great experiences each year. I've volunteered in the classrooms and for PTO events. The teachers are very caring and professional. The principal is very approachable, he knows each child's name. The music program has been wonderful, free lessons, orchestra experience. The teachers are very innovative and hard working, very concerned with the success of each child in the class. This is the most diverse school in the district, there are kids from many different backgrounds here. Overall, the climate of the school is very positive and warm. Our kids have made great friends. We love it here!

Nether Providence El School 2

Posted December 31, 2013
Nether Providence elementary is supposed to be such an exceptional school, but I found out lacking. Since of the teachers are very full of themselves and the environment is standoffish. My son had special needs and they wound up shipping him off to a horrible school in June. I didn't feel like they wanted to deal with him. There is also no sense of solidarity amongst the parents. My son now attends the other elementary school in Wallingford and its doing much better and I feel like they actually want to help me with him.

Nether Providence El School 4

Posted January 20, 2012
Had two children go through this school about 5-8 years ago and we absolutely LOVED the school! We moved from Philadelphia into the school district and the teachers were dedicated to getting our kids caught up and on track with their curriculum. We had some issues though with our last child in the school which turned us off. He is special needs and we felt that the level of communication between the school and us was not on par. We were VERY disappointed because we expected the same quality of education that we received from the older two and did not get it. Needless to say he is no longer at this school as we decided that maybe a home schooling situation would be better.

Posted October 12, 2010
My daughter is a first grader at NPE. She has had a wonderful experience here. Her teacher is excellent, high-energy, intelligent, caring and committed. She has 18 children in her class, with two teachers present. I paid $12K for that ratio last year year in private school. What NPE offers is superior to private schools I'm familiar with as a student and parent. The environment is warm, nurturing and orderly. It really seems that each child matters, each child is given what they need to succeed. The school is more diverse than the two other in the district, which is a plus. There are many resources available, esp in music education. Values such as tolerance, kindness and responsibility are openly taught and encouraged. We could not be more pleased!

Posted January 21, 2010

Nether Providence El School
410 Moore Rd, Wallingford, PA  19086
Last modified Nether Providence El School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nether Providence El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top