PK-2|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I have both of my children, ages 8 months and 2 years old, in attendance at Crossroads Country Day School and they are doing exceptionally well. For the past year, it has been such a blessing to know that my children are in a safe, nurturing, and educational environment. My older child loves going to "big girl school" where she is fully engaged in learning activities with her teacher and classmates. I feel that the director and staff genuinely care about my children and do their very best to make it a home away from home for them.

I took my son here at about a year and a half old on a recommendation from a friend. The previous daycare was absolutely horrible (right up the street by a gas station). My son was not happy there and more and more stories about child abuse were coming out. Since he went to Crossroads, I have noticed tremendous growth development since he moved over here (yes, partially because he is aging). Every time I pick him up, he is happy and running around the classroom with the other kids having a great time. Some of the features can be updated, but it is not a health hazard. The staff is polite and I feel comfortable with them. I get the feeling some of the negative posts below are because the owner yelled at them and they are a bit too sensitive, but I like the "strict" rules. Kids these days need stricter rules so they stop ending up on Jerry Springer-type shows (or in morgues). Bottom line, if you feel comfortable with this place, take your kids there. If not, go elsewhere.

They do require clearances, which is the only good thing about this school. You really get what you pay for. The classrooms are always way out of ratio and the carpets are NEVER cleaned unlike what the director says. The director also yells at children and staff alike, not caring who hears. Those computers and art supplies in the basement, kids don't get to use. She also says we bring the babies into the basement with the stroller. Do parents fall for this? How is one person going to get a stroller and 4 babies down the steps??? Spend some more money and go somewhere else

Our son and daughter have been at Crossroads a little over a 1yr now and we couldn't be happier. The classrooms are bright and cheery and you'll see their work hanging on the walls throughout the building. The curriculum is outstanding reading, math, Spanish, music, and much more our kids have learned so much already. I give the owner and teachers an A+++++.

I have been an employee here for many years. The director has treated me with respect, values my opinion and does an excellent job running her school. Yes, there are rules and these rules help things run smoothly. I have heard many parents express that they feel the rules are necessary and it's been very good for their child(ren). I think her 35+ plus years in business speaks volumes for being a wonderful place to work and bring your child too.

I took my child here for a few days a week (a few hours at a time) around 9 months. Instantly something did not fall well with me but bc this was my 1st experience with a Daycare as a parent I didn't know any better. in the 4 months we had him there not once did they do art work or send anything home with him. I complained to the Director twice that when you walk in there is a very strong (not clean) smell and the carpet in the infant room smelled like vomit, to the point that I couldn't sit down it was so bad. I use to go in and spend time in the classroom with my child so I could see how they were treated. There was only 1 teacher that was good with my child and she has left. They do not do background checks and allow unauthorized teachers to be hired. No training no background. It is a low price but I would no recommend this place at all. There has been many illegal practices that happen and the Director acts like she is concerns but overlooks. She says the State doesn't know what they are talking about. My child learned NOTHING being there for 4 months and now that we are somewhere else, I see a HUGE difference! Don't be BLIND PARENTS! Your child's safety is at risk, TRUST ME!

I am thinking about sending my children to this school. I don't know a whole lot about it yet, but I am considering it.

School did not pass their inspection which the owner does not have any problem telling anyone who will listen. Apparently it was due to a staff member who did not complete paperwork correctly. How unprofessional to talk about staff using terms like idiots and stupid. No wonder the turnover is so high. As a parent, my children have had some excellent teachers but I am not putting my children in the owners class. She is always yelling at the kids, places them in timeout by the door or at desk away from everyone. Looking forward to leaving this school at the end of summer

There is a reason why this is one of the cheapest day cares in the area. Do not send your children to this daycare. It is hard to believe the previous good reviews on here were written by loving parents. The director is very strict, old school, and verbally abusive. Her strictness is not a good thing. I was a parent and was only there for a few minutes to drop off and pick up my child. I saw the way she talks down to her staff in front of the children and that is not the type of role model I want caring for my child. If she can talk to her staff like that with parents around, I don't want to imagine how she treats staff and children when parents aren't around. There is a high turnover in staff due to the way they are treated. the toys are dirty and outdated. I saw children sitting at their desks doing paper work and coloring worksheets all the time. Children should be active and learning through hands on activities and neither of that occurs at this facility. I agree with a previous comment. You get what you pay for. Pay a little extra for better care for your child somewhere else. Do Not Go Here!

Do not I repeat do not send your babies here. I showed up unannounced and found that the caretakers never washed her hands after diaper changes and never cleaned the changing table. Shoes were worn in the infant room and people walked In and out constantly to use the infant microwave for their own personal food.. Disgusting! Then a new caretaker I had never met did not question me when I walked out with my daughter. I could have been anyone! This place is so cheap for a reason! All of the toys are old and dirty. Please pay Attention before considering sending your child to this horrible place.

Last modified Crossroads Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-2