Bad
Good

Posted September 13, 2014
I love my school despite our bad reputation. We do have goofy students, but overall, we have hardworking ones that are willing to try new things. We have teachers and students (such as myself) more than happy to show younger and new kids what's available to them and where classes are and what to look and watch out for. As for the dress code, it's a small restriction that's necessary to prepare us for our future. Many will have jobs that require employees to follow a dress code, or even wear uniforms. On top of that, if we didn't have a dress code our reputation would be worse and in a way, our dress code unifies and represents us as students and nothing negative. Also, many older kids and I do anything we can to make new students feel welcome in school and encourage them to try our many activities. I am a proud Mohawk, class of '16, and I am forever part of this great school :)

Posted September 03, 2013
i use to be in that school graduated class of 2012 i hope the students this year can keep the tradition alive

Posted June 08, 2012
I was graduated from good ole "Elmer L" over sixty years ago and did not start college until 10 years later. I had taken a college civics course and realized that I learned all that stuff at Meyers and it was foolish to warm a seat regurgitating stuff I already knew. I ended up CLEP-ing the first two years of college and taking subject area tests for the last year. We had some super teachers way back when!

Posted May 10, 2011
I love this school, and they are so supportive. The teachers are great. The only thing realy lacking is SCHOOL SPIRIT and that is needed when having pride in something you love.

Posted May 18, 2010
The teaching staff is very concerned about the childrens progress. The administration has always treated me with respect and professionalism when i need to discuss my childrens educational needs.

Posted April 08, 2010
I think this is a great school because we have great teachers and very successful athletes. That's not it because there are so many good things I can say about this school. I also would like to give credit to our counselours for always being there when we need them the most.

Posted July 25, 2009
I think that the dress code is a stupid idea. The kids are not going to be able to exspress them selves. i think that the kids are going to be less coroperative. thats my oppinion.

Posted May 08, 2009
Meyers is a great school filled with diversity and great oppurmities. The leadership from the pricible is extraordinary

Posted October 05, 2008
becaues that is the best school ever and the teachers are nice and the food is good

Posted August 13, 2008
Best school in WBASD! One of highet test scoring schools in the state =). Very proud to go here. All bad rumors aren't true. BLUE & GOLD!!!

341 Carey Ave, Wilkes Barre, PA  18702
Last modified Elmer L Meyers Junior-Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elmer L Meyers Junior-Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top