Posted September 29, 2013
High standards...highly effective teachers...great pre k and great kids. I love sending my kids to this school and they are so happy to go. Its worth the money.

Posted July 31, 2013
Do you miss family oriented schools, with high academic standards? Wish your school didn't teach to the PSSA test? Do you miss hearing Christmas songs at the Christmas play? Or are you simply terrified to send your kids into the ghetto that the WB schools have become.? We were too. Now we drop our kids off at school, knowing they are safe, loved, happy and well educated. It's worth the cost of admission. Great school, great teachers and a family atmosphere.

Posted August 05, 2012
I currently have a daughter going into 1st grade and I couldn't be happier . The quality of teachers at this school is superb and very hands on. They talk to the parents on a daily basis concerning there kids progress. The teachers keep the parents informed and encourage us all to volunteer. It's a small school so it doesn't take a long time to get to know everyone. This def. was a good fit for My daughter because she can't wait to go back to school.

St Nicholas-St Mary's School 4

Posted May 28, 2012
I ,as well, am an alumnist of st. Nicks. I am going write an honist review telling you what to expect and trust. I have attended St. Nicks since kindergarten and proudly graduated last year. St. Nicks taught me the values of honest, trust, patience, and compassion that is needed to be a good person. Like any other school there clics and bullies those who say there aren't are just flat out lieing. What other schools dont is our amazing teachers. Because of them,I was EXCEPTIONALY well prepared fo Holy Redeemer. The St. Nicks alums were the top in the literature and English department and the 2012 validictorian AND saltatorian were graduates from St. Nicks as well as other years. Please consider St. Nicks. Its better then Good Shepherd and you won't be disappointed.

Posted February 14, 2012
I am a Student currently at St Nick's and I love it. I don't get why there are so many hate-ful comments! There are no ' clics' at our school. I've never encountered with a bullie or either have any of my friends. The teachers are very nice and helpful. I've been going there since kindergarten. I love it there and there isn't any problems with this school. Except the school lunch is pretty gross.

St Nicholas-St Mary's School 2

Posted August 22, 2011
After having my both children at this school for several years I had to pull them. We had an awful experience with a teacher that NO parent/child should ever have to put up with. I must say this is a very "clicky" school, meaning if you are not part of the "group" you get treated very differently. I offered to help out at the annual winter bazaar and the "group" in charge never even had my name on the list to help out. They begged for help, then when you offer to help, they snub their nose at you. Just awful. The price is getting out of hand as well, as every day they have their hand in your pocket for more money.

Posted August 09, 2011
I currently have two children attending St Nicks-St Mary's, my oldest is entering 7th grade. The academic education they receive at this school is fabulous, as are the teachers. The teachers, as well as the principal are always approachable and willing to do what ever is in the best interest of your child. Financially, Catholic education as a whole is getting difficult to afford. However, this is well worth the sacrifice. I have read some of the comments on this site regarding the children's poor behavior at St Nicks. I have never seen this. As with any school, there will always be some behavior problems. However, they are addressed. When students from St Nicks interact with other schools during sports activities or social events, I can honestly say I am proud of their behavior. The parents of St Nicks-St Mary's are one big family of which I am proud our family is a part of. I would strongly recommend this school to anyone who is considering Catholic or private education for their child.

Posted March 15, 2011
I am an alumnist of this school. I can honestly say it is the best education around. I am currently an elementary education major and have observed in many other schools in the area. After seeing the other programs, I realized the education St. Nick's provided was above and beyond all other programs. It is a close-knit family. The teachers really get to know and care about their students. Morals and values are taught and engrained into the students. I feel i have grown as both and academic and a Catholic because of this school. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about it!

Posted March 06, 2011
Both my children attend St Nicholas St Mary School. They feel very safe and extremely comfortable in this environment. They have a great academic program and the teachers keep close and guiding eyes one their students. The principal is kind yet strict, old school like I like it! She is an exeptional leader and very hands-on. 35 years ago, I had a great Catholic School education in a nearby county and this school is the closest i've found to that faith filled, hard-working, mind molding academia. Truly outstanding!

Posted March 06, 2011
My daughter has attended St Nick's St Mary's for 3 years and completely loves it! She was an extreemly shy pre-schooler and i was so nervous about the full day/5 day adjustment for her, but due to the incredible teachers, and nurturing staff, she has flourished with confidence and intellect these past few years. I'm very excited to have my son begin pre-school there this coming fall!

St Nicholas-St Mary's School
242 South Washington Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA  18701
Last modified St Nicholas-St Mary's School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Nicholas-St Mary's School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top