PK-8 & Ungraded
Public charter
Wilkes-Barre, PA

Posted April 21, 2014
It is awesome. We have excellent teachers and staff. They always encourage us and are king. The learning experience is interactive and effective. We learn lesson that help us both academically and in life. Bear Creek Charter is definitely the best school in town.

Bear Creek Community Cs 3

Posted March 02, 2014
While I've heard great things about the school, I have to say the waiting list and the administration's involvement in actually calling parents back is ridiculous. One of my sons was on the waiting list for 4 years without a call back, because this charter accepts relatives of students, board members and "higher ups" as opposed to who is on the actual list and in what order. I've given up on the waiting list. Such a shame.

Posted July 24, 2013
amazing school all around but they need to get rid of the new principle assistant they have....she has no idea what she is doing and should not be working there..ms. young is not a good asset to this school

Posted April 16, 2011
I am very very grateful that this school is open and that the waiting list opened for my. 3 children. My children have been enrolled for 3 years and I have seen a Tremendous change in their intellectual growth, their confidence level and the way they treat others. The entire staff are so dedicated to their students and they love parent evolvement. My only desire is that the school would become a HS as well. Thank you.

Posted December 30, 2009
This is an awesome school. I'm in Middle School and believe that the teachers respect all the students, no matter where they come from. This school deserves all 5 stars*****

Bear Creek Community Cs 0

Posted May 28, 2009
Excellent teachers, staff, board. My child has excelled in all subjects. Teachers are dedicated to developing the students intellectually, socially.

Posted January 29, 2008
the teachers really care about their students.

Bear Creek Community Cs 4

Posted September 11, 2007
I have also seen other schools and this school is very hands on and about the children. The education is good, the environment is good. My children are learning, happy and thriving what else could you want. And yes there is a waiting list so I am obviously not alone.

Bear Creek Community Cs 0

Posted September 05, 2007
I have been at other schools in the area and this school is like a big family, the require parent involvement when other schools hinder parent from being involved in their childrens on campus learning. There is a waiting list for almost all grades I think tells you what the community thinks about this school.

Posted May 15, 2007
- a staff
The quality of Bear Creek Community Charter School's academic program is superior to that of other schools in this area. Our students seem to be ahead of other students their age in other schools. I feel this is because of our small classroom size and the availability of our teachers to help their students with any academic problems. The music and art programs are great. Bear Creek Charter School has a soccer team, which did quite well their first season, and a girls softball team. I understand the school has intentions of adding a boys baseball team and also a wrestling team in the future. We are a big family, helping each other out where need be. We know almost every student by name, which is a thrill for our student body.

Bear Creek Community Cs
2000 Bear Creek Blvd, Wilkes-Barre, PA  18702
Last modified Bear Creek Community Cs is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bear Creek Community Cs Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top