Ungraded
Wilkes-Barre, PA

Posted May 20, 2013
I am a graduate of Holy Redeemer (class of 2010) and I am currently going to be a senior at a university. This school has greatly prepared me for my college career. I, not only was prepared for the environment and the course work, but I seemed to be more advanced than the majority of the students in my major freshman year. Because of this, I am so grateful of the teachers that pushed me to work to my full potential in high school. If I went to any other public school in the area, I know for a fact I would not be at the place I am right now. Before Holy Redeemer, I attended Bishop O' Reilly from 7th-9th grade and thus, I was involved in the hectic transition process. It was a difficult time, especially after being at O' Reilly previously for three years, but I survived. However, those problems should not be in concern anymore since there are no longer students that attended the schools that closed. Other than that issue, Holy Redeemer is a great school. Many of the teachers have impacted my decisions in college, especially my particular major. To be honest, if it weren't for the consolidation, I do not think I would be in the major I am currently pursuing in college.

Holy Redeemer High School 1

Posted April 30, 2013
This school is only focused on it's "reputation" and money. In fact that's all you ever hear about and that's all the school revolves around. Administration could careless about your child, everything is supposed to be kept quiet and is dealt with as quick as possible and is swept under the rug. It is impossible to get in contact with administration and the principal never seems to know what's going on IN the school but always seems to be involved on what's happening outside. If that's not enough you're bombarded with unknown fee's and "donations" it's as if every other day you MUST pay for something and the children seem to always be put in the middle of finances. The grading and testing process is completely absurd and students are either supposed to get it or find a way on their own.This school just all for show and based on name just to get more tuition payers. Also education is a joke; classes are limited and teachers are narrow minded and forget about technology and supplies the school would just rather wine about what they don't have due to "costs" so you could "donate" more..but where that money goes is a mystery. If you think about enrolling, good luck.

Posted January 29, 2013
I feel that Holy Redeemer prepared me extremely well for my college career. Not only has Holy Redeemer made me morally and ethically ready for the challenges that life will bring, but also gave me the tools I need to complete my journey in life. I feel Redeemer has made me a very well rounded individual. All the teachers are EXTREMELY dedicated and have made my time at Holy Redeemer sincerely enjoyable. It is a great enviornment to be in and most athletic teams are stellar. Holy Redeemer is a school like no other. In saying that, I believe sending your child to this school will be the best investment you will ever make. Its far better then any public school around. That I can guarantee.

Posted December 06, 2011
I have two children at Redeemer and love the school. I love the teachers and how they are involved. Very worth while for the money too.

Posted January 16, 2011
I am a parent of a freshman at Holy Redeemer and have 2 younger children at Wyoming Area Catholic School in Exeter. I am totally satisfied with my decision to send our daughter to Redeemer and pleased to find that many of the kinks reported earlier with the school have been ironed out. Catholic education is alive and thriving in the classrooms at Redeemer. Everyone is committed to academic excellence in a faithfilled, Christ centered atmosphere. Some treasures surpass their monetary worth. Having these schools available for our children is truley one of those treasures.

Posted November 20, 2010
My son is now a sophomore and I have been pleasantly surprised at how well he is doing at Holy Redeemer. He is in the honors tract and has really thrived at this school. I was worried when he first entered the school (because of the upheaval of the consolidation a few years back), but I have to say that all my fears were unfounded. The teachers have been so welcoming to my son; they are kind and compassionate, and always willing to help him whenever he needs it. I definitely recommend this school to anyone who is looking for an educationally sound and safe environment for their child.

Holy Redeemer High School 4

Posted August 12, 2010
Having been a product of a 12 yr Catholic education, I am in total support of all Teachers and Faculty who give so much for these children. While my comment is not intended to cause disruption for those who have previously weighed in with their opinions; I do have to wonder whether the authors of harsher comments have had their children in the public school as of late. It is within the Public school system that children faulter, are short changed and subjected to a less than adequate education. I can only imagine the stress endured by both students and faculty during the transition from Bishop Hoban into Holy Redeemer, but with the stress our children (and many good teachers) endure on a daily basis at public schools simply trying to obtain a decent education - has me grateful schools like Holy Redeemer are still thriving!

Holy Redeemer High School 1

Posted March 16, 2010
A poorly organized administration and board that governs the school has led to total dissatisfaction among teachers, students and parents. One has to believe that this school will be closing soon since the enrollment has dropped drastically each year. The diocese does not support new educational programs. The so called 'smart boards' are non-existent and new technology is lacking. Save your money and look into other options - your children deserve better. A competitive and progressive educational school system is needed to prepare your child for the future. This school is only concerned about sports uniforms and social activities such as the good old Senior Waltz.

Holy Redeemer High School 0

Posted January 10, 2010
As parents of a junior currently attending Holy Redeemer, we have been pleasantly surprised at how well the teachers have weathered the changes in the school system. The entire staff continues to offer my child academic challenges and many extra curricular activities. I would recommend this school to any family serious about Catholic formation and academic excellence.

Holy Redeemer High School 0

Posted May 07, 2009
I would not recommend this school to any parent who is serious about education. From the top down there is a serious lack of organization and discipline. I have noticed a steady decline teacher and student satisfaction. This stems from a lack of stability from the Diocese of Scranton who micro-manages any and all decisions made at the school. Communication with parents is non-existent. The school is not worth the tuition.

Holy Redeemer High School