Willow Grove, PA

Posted March 20, 2015
I'll be honest, I was skeptical about sending my daughter to the this school last year based on all the bad reviews that I read. However I could not be happier with the school. It surprised me that everyone knows your name and takes a genuine interest in the children. This includes volunteers, teachers and principle. It truly is a community school. The principle is very receptive to issues/concerns and works with parents/staff to come up with solutions. There are several programs available for slower and advanced kids. A lot of them are offered right at the elem school itself, for others the kids are bused to the appropriate school and back. The teachers take genuine interest in their kids and seem to truely love their jobs. I am excited to send my next year as well.

Posted January 15, 2015
I LOVE willow hill. The teachers are great & caring of the students. The principal is outstanding & really turned this school around. My son receives extra support because he has a hard time focusing in class room & they have done AMAZING work with him. Another thing that is great about this school is its a small community school compared to all of the other elementary schools in abington. My son is a 1st grader & has enjoyed the past 2 years here & looking foward to 4 more great years here.
6 people found this helpful

Posted January 14, 2015
Currently, GreatSchools.org rates my sons' school rates at a 5, and that doesn't really gel with the experience they're having or with the school's performance on the most recent standardized tests. For a school with 38.6% of its students being categorized as economically disadvantaged (according to the state's profile), I would say that the most recent PSSA overall scores are quite impressive: Reading 78, Math 83, Science 89, and Writing 89. This is a DRASTIC improvement-- 79 total percentage points over the four subject areas-- over the school's 2010 scores. Additionally, as calculated by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Willow Hill currently has a Building Level Academic Score index of 86.2, which is right in line with its fellow schools throughout Abington School District. With a rigorous curriculum, highly qualified and dedicated staff, strong leadership, and a dynamic and diverse student body, this school is exemplary of how public schools should work. I really wish that this organization's displayed data reflected our reality.
6 people found this helpful

Posted January 09, 2015
I cannot say enough great things about Willow Hill Elementary School! Mr. Jordan (Principal) is a superb leader who is highly regarded by parents, staff, and other upstanding members of the community. At last night's Willow Hill PTO Meeting, we parents and staff who were present, praised Mr. Jordan to the heights for drastically improving students' academic outcomes at Willow Hill Elementary School, as reflected by the State of Pennsylvania's School Performance Index! As a parent of a 1st grader in Willow Hill Elementary School, I pledge to continue giving my support to further improve the academics, school spirit, reputation, and parental involvement with this outstanding school!!
5 people found this helpful

Willow Hill Elementary 4

Posted January 08, 2015
The teacher's are the best!! I wish I had teacher's like Willow Hill has!! My child looks forward to going to school everyday! These teacher's care and put forth 110%! The principle is very involved and respected!!

Posted November 20, 2014
A diamond in the rough is right. This score needs to be updated and FAST. The test scores here are outdated, and do not show the performance of students on the past two years. Their scores are steady and on the rise! The students at Willow Hill are determined and hard working. They come to school each and everyday ready to succeed! The teachers are dedicated and give each and every child 110%! By far a WONDERFUL educational setting. Willow Hill Hawks soar high! I would never want to work anywhere else.
4 people found this helpful

Posted November 05, 2014
You cant judge this school by a number. Willow Hill is amazing! The staff consist of educated, hardworking, overachievers. The student body is very diverse, accepting, and determined. I feel 100% comfortable and confident that sending my child to Willow Hill will exspose them, engage them and provide them with the an equivalent education, support, and experience that will fully prepare them for college and their next career! Kindly Renay Langley

Posted September 07, 2014
Willow Hill is the diamond in the rough of Abington School District! We have a staff that is sincere and committed and a student body that is AWESOME! I wouldn't want to work anywhere else. Susanne Shorday
4 people found this helpful

Willow Hill Elementary 4

Posted August 13, 2014
This is very good school. My daughter loves it. She had great teachers and can't wait to start the 2nd grade.

Posted October 16, 2013
My daughter is in 3rd grade and learning stuff I learned in 7th grade. I love it. She is learning about the world, politics, science, advanced math

Willow Hill Elementary
1700 Coolidge Ave, Willow Grove, PA  19090
Last modified Willow Hill Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willow Hill Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top