Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

Some grades are more than others but it gives parents a chance to sit with the child to see what they are learning.

Willow Hill is surely one of the best kept secrets in Abington. Fantastic teachers and great kids!! Road to have one graduated now in Jr High and two still in Willow Hill.

We have the best teachers and staff. They are a great support for both students and parents.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers have advanced degrees and are professional. They seem like family and have great respect for the principal and boast that he treats them very well.

Amount of homework: Neutral

There does seem to be more homework than many schools have in place. I had to complain that my 2nd grader was spending 45 mins on homework.

My daughter had outstanding teachers at this school; the principal is wonderful, professional, and attended by a staff and PTO base that supports all of the students. We were saddened to leave this school when we had to move to accomodate a growing family. This school's test scores are rumored to be the best in the district.

The staff is caring, knowledgeable, patient, focused and student-community centered. The students are diverse, focused and respectful. There is up to date technology and resources that aid in fully preparing the young youth for Junior High and High School!

Words cannot express how happy I am with the high quality of education that my daughter, now in 2nd grade, is receiving at Willow Hill Elementary School which speaks volumes about this superb school staff. She has also been receiving enrichment/acceleration in Abington School District's Program for Excellence (APEX), Abington School District's mentally gifted program, since Kindergarten and she never complains about being bored in her classes; she's always enthusiastic about attending school. What can I say, the teachers, support staff, and administration are simply fantastic!! I am so proud to be a part of the Willow Hill School Family!! Soar, Hawks, Soar!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My kids have gotten very lucky with the teachers they have had. All have gone above and beyond to enrich my kids when needed and developed a trusting, safe relationship with them.

We moved to this area 2 years ago. I heard a lot about the Abington school district being amazing, but I was really nervous to see that my kids would be attending Willow Hill Elementary, based on the rating of 5 out of 10 on greatschools.org. My kids have had nothing but a fabulous experience at this school. The teachers are so personable and have left a lasting impression on my family! They are in tune to students' learning needs and will nurture those that need it and challenge the ones that need a challenge. The principal is very hands on with the kids and the kids all look forward to interacting with him! I love the school size and class size. My daughter's kindergarten class only had 17 kids, and they all became good friends. My son's 2nd grade class had 18 or 19 kids, so the small classroom sizes really help to enrich learning. We almost moved before starting school there this year, and I'm really glad we were able to stay. I'd really miss this staff of professionals, small class sizes, and the tight community of parents. Go Hawks!!!

Last modified Willow Hill Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.