Willow Grove, PA

Willow Hill Elementary
Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 21, 2015
My Daughter Is In Special Education And I Think You Guys Are Giving The Kids Slot Of Homework The Kids In Special Education Thanks Jenny

Posted May 21, 2015
Willow Hill Is A Great School And Very Nice Teachers And Have A Nice Principal

Posted May 18, 2015
Willow Hill Elementary is a great school where children can learn a variety of subjects, participate in many activities both inside and outside of the classroom, and the teachers and administrators really care about the growth and development of their students. (Willow Hill alum)

Willow Hill Elementary 4

Posted May 16, 2015
Many years ago I decided to move my children from the local parochial school to Willow Hill Elementary School. I was extremely nervous, as Willow Hill didn't have any the best reputation. Six years, three children later, I could not be happier with the education they are receiving, and I could not be more proud of their accomplishments. Their education and accomplishments would not be possible without the help and guidance of the outstanding teachers and staff at this wonderful school. Deciding to move my children to this school was one of the best decisions I have ever made!

Posted May 01, 2015
Great school. Great teachers. Great principal. My oldest is getting ready to move onto the Jr High and will miss WH. His teachers care about his education and push him to do the best he can do (even when he tries to slack off). My middle loves WH...especially the math enrichment. Both of my children earn great grades and my oldest scored advanced on the PSSA...thanks to the dedicated and talented teachers! My youngest is excited to start K in September and I know he will be in good hands. I love the diversity of WH and the family feel of the school.

Posted April 30, 2015
Willow Hill is such a wonderful school! The children are polite and respectful and most of these traits come from the continuing guidance from the awesome staff. We are a small family oriented. diverse school. I am on the PTO and I am very proud to represent our school! Go Hawks!

Posted April 28, 2015
This is an amazing school! I have put 2 children through this school and could not have been happier. This is a small school with no more than 400 students. It is like a family! Both of my children thrived both academically and socially at Willow Hill. As I prepare for my youngest child to move to the Junior High, I am saddened knowing my families time at Willow Hill is over.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 28, 2015
Next year, I will be a proud Willow Hill parent of a 6th, 2nd, and kindergarten student. Prior to my oldest daughter starting school neighbors tried scaring me away from WH. So I took a ride through the neighborhood and tour of the school. I found the houses in the neighborhood nicer than mine, the people very kind, and a school that was clean, bright, with fresh teachers, and the latest technology. The only thing I could think of to understand others negative opinions was racism factors, geographical economic factors, and perhaps past performance. WH is culturally diverse and very representative of the world our children live. The teachers give 110% often donating their time outside of the school day to activities for the kids. The PTO is outstanding. The principal and staff are organized. My kids love their school. The curriculum is competitive. There is definitely a community feel at this school amongst students, parents, and staff. I think one or two people formed a bad opinion. Wish I had an opportunity to be a student here. That says alot being, as a child, I attended 10+ school between PA and NJ.
3 people found this helpful

Posted March 20, 2015
I'll be honest, I was skeptical about sending my daughter to the this school last year based on all the bad reviews that I read. However I could not be happier with the school. It surprised me that everyone knows your name and takes a genuine interest in the children. This includes volunteers, teachers and principle. It truly is a community school. The principle is very receptive to issues/concerns and works with parents/staff to come up with solutions. There are several programs available for slower and advanced kids. A lot of them are offered right at the elem school itself, for others the kids are bused to the appropriate school and back. The teachers take genuine interest in their kids and seem to truely love their jobs. I am excited to send my next year as well.
7 people found this helpful

Posted January 15, 2015
I LOVE willow hill. The teachers are great & caring of the students. The principal is outstanding & really turned this school around. My son receives extra support because he has a hard time focusing in class room & they have done AMAZING work with him. Another thing that is great about this school is its a small community school compared to all of the other elementary schools in abington. My son is a 1st grader & has enjoyed the past 2 years here & looking foward to 4 more great years here.
8 people found this helpful

Willow Hill Elementary
1700 Coolidge Ave, Willow Grove, PA  19090
Last modified Willow Hill Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willow Hill Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top