Wrightsville, PA

Eastern York Middle School 1

Posted June 18, 2015
Eastern has demonstrated a lack of help to its students. My daughter was placed in the academic algebra class, and the teacher knew that she was failing. He didn't help her, and when she finally got her grade up , the final exam brought it down to a 59, final grade. All of my daughters other grades were 90's, with a 3.41 GPA. But the teacher wouldn't bump the grade up one point, or even make a slight attempt to help her with any extra credit. Now I have to pay a ridiculous $200 for my daughter to take the summer school class, to get into YCST. Eastern, Please don't let this happen again.

Posted May 13, 2010
I think they nit pick about too many things the kids do.I understand bullying but carring on with ur friends is a different story .They choose to pick at each other.

Eastern York Middle School 5

Posted February 26, 2010
The new principal Dr Marin is really doing a great job. Thank god we found him.

Posted November 29, 2007
Need better leadership from the Principal. Then maybe a little better leadership from the teachers.

Posted November 27, 2007
Our Middle School ranks in the top group. The faculty is friendly and helpful. Teacers are involved with Math Counts, Science Olympiad, Geography Bee,Student Council, newspaper, yearbook, clubs, plays, musicals, and so many wothwhile programs. The two female administrators are fair and honest. Building is well maintained. PTSO is very active with their fun nights, Winterfest, and other programs.My child was on the N team. They helped her with the transition from elementary and made her first year at the Middle School a wonderful,exciting, challenging year. We are so proud of our entire school!

Posted August 22, 2007
My son has a high IQ, but also has developmental disabilities, and his years at middle school have been a challenge. The gifted program is wonderful and the teachers have been great, but is there was no help for him socially. I asked repeatedly for help, and got very little. Let's hope the high school is better.

Posted September 10, 2004
I feel strongly that eastern school district should act on their bully rules more strongly, and parents should not be in the same groups of there children when going on field trips. And in the classrooms, if they want to help other children that's fine, but they intend to favor their children over ours. I know we need parents to take part but that's why we have parent's day, sports etc.

Eastern York Middle School 4

Posted July 21, 2004
EMS faculty and staff have provide a friendly, nurturing environment for my children. Students for the most part are friendly and courteous. School recognizes students for their academic and social performances-RISE program to Hershey Park,Knights of the Roundtable,Honor Society, and an Academic Awards night. Sports programs are available for both girls and boys on the intramural level and inter-scholastic level. Music department-band,chorus, jazz band, students perform twice a year. Club periods meet once a cycle. Very active Student Council.Science Olympiad participants. Math 24 and Stock Market competetion. SNAP program for students with drug,alcohol, or other issues. Library readily available to students-several computer labs also for student use. Each grade divided into teams of teachers.6th grade with 3 faculty members and 7th & 8th with 5 faculty members. School very clean and well maintained. Very crowded hallways which could have been alleviated with construction of a crosswalk. PTSO provides support for school.

746 Cool Creek Rd, Wrightsville, PA  17368
Last modified Eastern York Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastern York Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top