Wyncote, PA
Students enrolled: 1,469

Cheltenham High School 2

Posted March 19, 2015
I've been jumped twice (And once gotten robbed) and I was a student of the school as well... I've seen a lot of CRAZY stuff in that school. I DIDNT feel safe and I'm glad I graduated. The truth is if you take predominantly AP/Honors classes and stick to the kids who are truly there for their future, then no, you won't be exposed to some of the problems that this school faces in terms of discipline. You WONT see the problems that people speak of and you can say that you had an incredible high school experience. Now no...its not as bad as Gratz or King (I'd know cuz I'm originally from those parts)... But how I see it, its an okay inner city minded school that's in the suburbs. If you're not ready for honors/AP classes, then go to private school. Otherwise, fight against having your mind corrupted in the "Enriched" classes.... Sorry just had to keep it real for a moment

Cheltenham High School 4

Posted February 09, 2015
Ok, so I attend the school. I don't necessarily think the school is a bad environment I don't think it's a bad place at all I think that the school is a very nice go to go to. I am an African American student and I have 3 AP classes and 1 honors. the school does not segregate between races they segregate between your academic level and which a student can produce the highest scores and succeed. they actually haven't been doing that bad with all the extra curricular activities. I do alot of extracurricular activities and I think there excellent. By the way weight training was not taken away from the activities you're allowed to do in physical education. yes I mean there are kids that are bad, rowdy and don't listen to rules. but no matter what school you send them to there always going to be kids that don't want to do their work, follow the rules, and think they can do whatever they want. I went to a private school from Kindergarten to 8th and those kids were there too. however, I do not think that the AP classes are too full. they do let whoever is willing and feel like they can succeed in the class we waiver in. I did from enriched to AP and Im a straight A student.

Posted June 12, 2014
Wonderful academics, amazing opportunities, caring and talented teachers...our son has thrived at CHS. The Arts program is incomparable as are the running/track programs. All of this while surrounded by a diverse student body in every aspect with a truly caring leader, Andrew Kuhn and a talented Superintendant. We truly love Cheltenham School District

Posted April 13, 2014
Cheltenham School district has been great for my children. They've made great friends over the years and have grown into responsible intelligent young adults. If I had to do it all over again, I'd choose this area again to raise my children.

Posted April 09, 2014
Cheltenham High School functions like a Junior College ! They prepare students for Higher Learning and Life as a mature young adult. They value the input from students and the teaching staff is superb! As a parent I am confident that my son will be very prepared for College ...

Posted February 25, 2014
This is a vibrant, diverse, challenging high school that consistently appears on nationally rankings of best high schools in the country. The leadership in the school is amazing, I have full faith in the principal who has taught at this high school, led at another school and came back. The teaching staff is dedicated and knows how to engage young adults. If you are looking for a school with the highest expectations for its students, and with a student body that reflects the world around us- racially, economically, religiously, and outlook-wise-- this is the place for your family.

Posted February 25, 2014
We chose to move our family back to Cheltenham and raise our children here. Our family has benefited from our school system, with great academics, amazing music and arts at every grade level, dedicated teachers, involved parents with a wonderful small town atmosphere. My children have lifelong friendships, many forged in kindergarten. This is a lovely place to live

Cheltenham High School 1

Posted February 24, 2014
The district desperately needs to work on hearing parents. I removed all of my children from Cheltenham schools and we are moving out of the township. I have nothing good to report.

Posted February 24, 2014
Cheltenham High School is a wonderful public school experience. The HS offers a broad range of AP classes, the Arts and Music programs are second to none, and the school leadership is impressive. CHS is named as one of the top 2,000 public high schools in the country and its' graduates go on to great success in college. As a parent, I feel so lucky that my children are receiving such a strong, broad based education.

Posted February 24, 2014
Cheltenham High School is considered one of the best in the country. It is consistently included in Philadelphia Magazines yearly top school districts list. Size wise it is much smaller than many the surrounding suburban districts. CHS is committed to high academic standards for all of its students. And I can't say enough about the commitment to arts and humanities in the district.

Cheltenham High School
500 Rices Mill Rd, Wyncote, PA  19095
Last modified Cheltenham High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cheltenham High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top