No rating

La Salle College High School

Private | 9-12 | 1066 students

Living in Wyndmoor

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $240,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $990.

Posted November 5, 2013

Great school but I wish that there was more diversity, and that there was a little more religiousness. Otherwise excellent.

Posted June 2, 2013

La Salle has a great feeling. We all get to know and respect each other. Our teachers support us and the administration does too. Glad I chose La Salle.

Posted June 1, 2013

La Salle is special not only because of the great education you will receive, but because of it's intense sense of community. The faculty and administration are warm and mentoring and, by senior year, you will feel as though your classmates are your brothers. As an alumni, I have been back to campus and each time I'm impressed with the many improvements that have been made to the campus and curriculum. I would definitely recommend La Salle.

Posted January 27, 2013

Probably the best school in the state. If you go there, you will love it. It's not all about the education. It's also about the athletics, the service, the relationships with not only students, but with teachers, and all of the other extra-cirricular activities here. Amazing place. Athletic or not, everyone is treated as family.

Posted May 16, 2011

As an alumnus, I can't be more proud of LaSalle College High School. Our graudates become leaders locally and nationally. The president of Temple's Medical School and LaSalle University were both class mates of mine. Ths school has the highest rated computer program in the state. When you graduate from LaSalle, you have joined a fraternity. I get 10 to 12 pieces of business each year from alumni and I have been out of LaSalle over 40 years. It's a great school when you are there and an enourmous network when you graduate.

Posted January 8, 2010

These past four years have been nothing but the best for me. I could not be happier with my situation now and my decision four years ago. Academically, I took the most challenging courses available and remained engaged and challenged still by regular courses. One highlight for me, especially over the last year, is the college counseling department. They guided me by the hand from the start of the college admissions process and remained by my side until the acceptance letters were in hand. I owe much of my acceptance to (and future attendance of) the University of Pennsylvania to them and the all-around excellent academic experience. Moreover, possibly the most amazing thing about my experience was the music department. As a bassist they kept me super involved and they run a program second to none

Posted October 20, 2007

I absolutely believe that this school is one of the best high schools in the nation. Simply put, La Salle teaches you things that other schools do not and some(public schools) cannot. One clear distinction between La Salle and other schools is the it teaches young men not only academic and athletic aspects of life, which it does phenomenally but also places a strong emphasis on morals and discipline. La Salle provides a strong base to grow upon as a student and an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity to learn as long as they are willing to try because the teachers are certainly willing to help in any means possible. As the saying goes 'Boys will be boys, but La Salle boys will be gentlemen' I believe this motto holds true even today.

Posted May 11, 2006

This is the best school ever.

Posted November 13, 2005

It's a very good school. It has everything. Teachers are great.

Posted August 22, 2003

I owe La Salle much of my success and happiness in life. It has made me a better person, warmed my soul, and prepared me for one of the most difficult universities in the country -Princeton University. However, I am remiss to say it has been an institution on the decline, and in this past year I feel it has fallen nearly to shambles. Regarding its original mission -to provide a free education for young men, where they could live and learn, and grow into scholarly gentlemen -La Salle has begun to lose its way and in a few years will in no way resemble the proud institution that it once was. Because of unnecessary expenditures and poor uses of investment, La Salle is more expensive and more crowded than ever. Students pay at least 10% more than they used to 4 years ago for tuition and the price of most lunch food has doubled. Yet, at the same time, teachers are being paid less, and many of La Salle s greatest teachers and mentors have left to seek out greater salaries at public schools. La Salle s English department- its most outstanding department by far -just lost 5 of its best teachers over this past year. Its History department is deplorable, and worsening still. A strong Mathematics department is held together by two or three teachers nearing retirement age (and the end of their ropes). Its language department, like most language departments in the U.S., is very weak, despite a select group of masterful teachers. I, and most of my colleagues, place the blame most heavily upon the shoulders of the schools top administartors. La Salle was once a place where the morality of Christian practices and the ingenuity of its liberal thought came into a perfect harmony. This harmony gave the world great men. La Salle can be a place of such standards again... but I wouldn t count on it any time soon. And I say this as a past Salutatorian and one of the schools most out-spoken supporters.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• All boys
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NAIS
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Philadelphia

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8605 West Cheltenham Avenue