Ungraded
Wynnewood, PA

St. Katherine Day School 0

Posted February 17, 2010
Good school for life skills but just ok for academics. Principal Devaney is very cold and unapproachable. When you have a child with special needs it's sometimes necessary to consult with staff over some issues and the principal acts as though she doesn't have the time of day for you, never even returns phone calls. As far as sacraments and extracurricular activities no one cares enough to even make these things happen. When you walk into other schools there is just such a hugh difference as far as warm and nurturing goes. This place is just so cold and uncaring.

St. Katherine Day School 3

Posted September 07, 2006
When we were at St. Katherine, the first couple of years were fine. {we spent 9 years) things changed. Teachers left, and the spirt I felt was not there. The children could no longer receive their escarpments at our school. They didnt really have a lot of activities for the children, especially after school sports, groups. It seems that for what we pay for tuition there could have been more for the children. Yes life skills and functional skills are important, and a lot of those were taught by myself for my child , I need help with basic academics and I feel that was scarificed for life skills. When a parent questions the above and is told to maybe leave. that hurts. I will tell you I was stuck because our public school is bad, so I had no choice, but to stay . If I could do it again Homeschool!

St. Katherine Day School