Posted April 02, 2014
Provides a focused, caring, nurturing, and safe environment for young inquisitive minds. However, I wish the school had a more challenging curriculum to foster more academic competition.

Posted May 29, 2011
MY DAUGHTER IS HEADED TO MIDDLE SCHOOL AFTER GOING K-5 HERE AT AFTON.. WE WILL MISS THIS SCHOOL AND THE GREAT TEACHERS AND "BRAVO" TO THE MATH DEPARTMENT A GREAT AMP PROGRAM (advanced math program) WITH MRS. MURPHY. SHE REALLY KNOWS HOW TO BRING OUT THE BEST IN THE STUDENTS.

Posted May 16, 2010
I loved my time at Afton, and so far, it has been one of the best schools I've been to. The teachers are great, and the classes are challenging but easily enjoyable. Do well in class, and be rewarded with a great learning foundation. ALSO! Go to the science fair. It's good to learn deeper in science b/c it's greatly emphasized in middle and (I think) high school.

Posted October 05, 2009
Afton is a wonderful school. The teachers are terrific and we couldn't be happier with the education our daughter is receiving.

Afton El School 0

Posted July 30, 2009
My son was a Kindergartener during the 2008-2009 school year. My son's teacher was compassionate but every child in the class was held accountable for their actions and they all grew an incredible amount during the year because of that. There was a child who spoke Spanish as a first language & one special needs child in the class. These students did not hold the other children back at all. The children in every grade have a huge amount of school spirit & pride & parents are permitted to join various events. Arts, literacy & Phys Ed are heavily promoted and all the students are encouraged to sign up for the annual science fair. There is a zero tolerance policy for violence. A kindergartener stabbed a classmate w/ a pencil this year & was sent home on the spot; good to know that age doesn't matter when violence has occured.

Posted September 10, 2008
This is a great school. I can't be more happy with the Teachers and especially the Principal. I hope he stays there for a long time.

Posted April 30, 2007
I had 2 classified children/special needs go through this school. The school provided them with a very supportive staff. The communication between the staff and parents is superior. Both of my children were extremely prepared in middle and high school and have been very successful. I completely disagree with the comment below.

Posted May 23, 2006
Its a nice school with very little tolerance for special needs children.

Posted May 21, 2006

Posted October 19, 2005
Very active PTO with a large number of members. Academic program above average. One down side in my opinion is the 'Everyone's A Winner' attitude that most teachers have seemed to adopt. The real world has winners and losers and we need to teach our children to win and lose gratiously. By instilling the 'Everyone Wins' attitude is a huge disservice to the children, because they will not be prepared for the real world. Or they'll have conflicts with the teachers when the parents raise them to work hard and you'll be recognized only to find out that they work hard yet everyone in their class is praised no matter how hard they worked. Other than that it's a great school.

Afton El School
1673 Quarry Rd, Yardley, PA  19067
Last modified Afton El School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Afton El School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top