Bad
Good

Develops character: Disagree

Mu daughter on two occasion, that I know of, prevented bullying incidents, both reported to the the administration and not so much as a pat on the back. Once there was a box top contest and she brought in over 300. The homeroom teacher made her dump them out and she did not win her prize. The PTO's kids did though.

No accountability. Watched my daughter go from exceptional at learning to afraid to get up from her desk. Uncaring teachers and administration. They did not prepare the students to transistion to the high school well at all.

This school is completely pathetic! The teachers are nice but some of them give way too much homework and its completely unacceptable! The school lunch is horrible and the pizza tasted like hand sanitizer! They need to give less homework, get bigger lockers for 7th and 8th grade, they need to have a better understanding of some students, and they need to be less strict when it comes to grades!

Since my daughter started in William Penn her grades have started to slip as well as her self-confidence. She was a very high preforming student and did exceedingly well in school. There is no transparency when it comes to course placement and what courses are offered. I have been paid lip service by the counselors, teachers and the administration. I don t think they are capable of helping the students who are not in NJHS or lower preforming students. After meetings with the teachers, counselors and administration I never get a clear explanation about things like, why did you forget to administer a full day of Keystone exams and why are they still effecting her course placement? I have no confidence in the administration at this school.

I am going into eighth grade at William Penn. In the Pennsbury School District, William Penn is the only middle school with air conditioning in every room (very thankful for that). All of the teachers I have had are extremely caring and pay attention to every student. I am in Talent Pool Language arts and will be going into Algebra 1A. I get straight A's with help from my teachers. As a student, I highly recommend this school to any incoming students. Bullying is minimal. Very addressed as a punishable behavior. The guidance counselors are always there to talk to. Schedules are non-stressful and the school has a program where kids in regular classes can spend time with kids in the Intermediate Unit (kids with special needs and have disorders such as Autism). I participated in "Buddy Program" this year and enjoyed working with them. This school is of exemplary standards. During fire drills, everyone is out in under 2 minutes and the school has issued more security measures. Principal Meehan is a kind man who will help your child(ren) get the education they should. I hope you find this review helpful! :)

i am in 6th grade and i think the amount of homework as well as the teachers are fantastic. is till get to see my friends, while still making learning my priority .

I am in 6th grade, and I LOVE it here! I'm in talentpool, which is an advanced reading and english class, and that's probably my favorite class! The classes here are challenging for those who are up tot eh challenge- for those who aren't up to the challenge, they are put in the easier classes. The teachers here are amazing as well. I've actully become friends with many of the teachers, and the way they teach is extraordinary. I am trying to appreciate my time here as much as I can, and any kid is lucky to go to William Penn.

I am an 8th grade student at this school. I find it very helpful with the way of education. Its only the 3rd week of school and i have already had 5 projects. It is very difficult sometimes. I am also in Talent Pool and right now, and it will be getting harder. At my old emelmentry school the Gifted classes were Social Studies and Science, my two best subjects, but when you get into middle shcool its Reading and English, they were my worst. It was a very hard ajustment and right now i am a little worried. I almost didnt make the honor roll last year because of Talent Pool and this year its even harder. I hope i make it. Overal it is a very nice school with minor problems. (:

I am new to the area. My son and daughter are both enjoying the school. They love the teachers. My daughter get alot of extra help for her teachers. I am thrilled with the school.

Overall the school is excellent. Education is a priority and the work is challenging. Concerns: Ocassional lack of homework. Administration needs to focus on bullying, building confidence and self-esteem.

Last modified William Penn Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.