Yardley, PA

Posted December 09, 2014
I have two children at Grey Nun Academy in the primary division and really love this school. To the people posting that it's not a school for shy kids, I couldn't disagree more. My older child is very shy and she is thriving there, thanks to the smaller student-to-teacher ratio, and loving, nurturing teachers she's had over her 3 1/2 years there. Teachers are caring, have a great sense of humor, and do a fantastic job bringing academics into the classroom in just the right way for each individual child. Families are nice and involved in their children's lives and education. The new principal is wonderful and warm as well, and I like the increased presence of the Grey Nuns there. It's truly the perfect private/independent school.

Posted May 07, 2014
Having been a part of the Grey Nun Community for ten years we couldn't be happier. Our child was not only very well prepared for high school but graduated from GNA with a great amount of poise and confidence. In addition to superior academics and small class sizes, students are taught strong values and respect for one another. Both the faculty and administration truly care about each and every child.

Grey Nun Academy 2

Posted May 01, 2014
My three children attended Grey Nun Acdemy within the last thirteen years. The faculty are skilled and wonderful. However, I repeatedly witnessed instances of bullying in the last five years. The recurring response of the principal was to request that the alleged victim and the alleged bully work things out. Ultimately, faced wth such, the alleged victim leaves the school.

Posted March 13, 2014
I understand every family's experience with the school is different and I empathize with those families who may have faced difficulty. However, I am a strong advocate of GNA, particularly if you do have a child that is shy. Our daughter would be considered "shy", a label I hesitate to throw onto my child. I attribute GNA's beautiful, caring, and nurturing environment for the sole reason that my daughter's self-esteem has risen. The smaller class sizes, the tight friendships, and welcoming faculty and staff is the perfect environment for those kids who need the extra boost to feel special and important. I would highly recommend GNA to all families whether you have a child that is "shy" or not.

Grey Nun Academy 1

Posted March 11, 2014
I would not recommend for a shy child. Talk a great game to help but no help. Every year 6-7 kids leave because promises to the parents are not kept.

Posted March 03, 2014
As a parent of a GNA student (for 7 years), I am quite surprised by the bullying comment below. I can t imagine a school where bullying is less likely to be encountered; have never seen any evidence of it at all (and my child is the quiet type, the type who might be picked on if that sort of thing was present). The faculty dotes on every child. Never had anything to complain about in all these years; very satisfied all around. I am suspicious of buzzwords like bullying . 10 years ago the concept of bullying was unknown to the media & pop-culture; now a bully hiding behind every tree & around every corner. There are times and places where an aggressive child needs correcting, but caution should be used when tossing that word around with no corroborating details. The word bullying has become an all-condemning sledgehammer. Children, like adults, have ups & downs, good days & bad, close friends at school and classmates that rub them the wrong way. This is not usually the result of true bullying . I don t think it is prudent to tarnish the reputation of a 50 year old institution like GNA, a winner of numerous academic accolades, by calling it a haven for bullies .

Posted February 13, 2014
Our son loves Grey Nun Academy. The school provides a warm and caring environment. The teachers and staff are very dedicated to the students and to the school. The academic program is top notch, and our son is much more advanced academically than his friends who attend other nearby private and public schools. The students are well mannered, and show respect for their teachers and fellow peers. The graduates all attend excellent high schools, including prestigious prep schools. We have never once regretted sending our son to this school, and we continue to highly recommend it to our friends.

Posted February 13, 2014
Since entering Grey Nun several years ago, our daughter feels a sense of accomplishment. She loves going to school and has made many best friends, all of whom are intelligent and hard-working. The parents are very involved with their children's education, and we have become very good friends with many of them also. The school and staff are very welcoming and accommodating. Grey Nun, we feel, is on par with many of the more expensive schools in nearby Princeton. We are grateful to GNA.

Posted February 11, 2014
As the School Counselor at Grey Nun Academy, it is quite upsetting to read the prior post. Creating a warm, friendly and caring community is very important to all of us at GNA. To the person who posted - Please contact me, so that we can work together to help your child. Mary Ellen Cook LPC

Grey Nun Academy 2

Posted February 03, 2014
School is a haven for bullies, principal does NOTHING to help the victims (ANYONE) out. The victim is always sent to the office with the bully to explain the situation. Rough environment to learn in if you have a soft personality. Not a good school to choose if you don't want to be in a parent click. Academically stronger than public schools, socially very difficult.

Grey Nun Academy