Yardley, PA

Posted May 01, 2015
We've been a part of Grey Nun family for several years. We heard about the school's outstanding reputation from neighbors and friends years back, and we have not been disappointed. Upon our first visit and tour through the school, we were amazed that the principal and administrators knew every single student in the school by name. That couldn't be, right? But we've found it is! The small class sizes and great student-teacher ratios have helped our children develop, learn and grow. The sale of the property a few years ago has not impacted the quality of education. The school has kept the parent community informed of updates when needed, and communicate with the families on a regular basis about their commitment to remain at their current location for the foreseeable future. Even with an interim principal and a new head of school coming in for next year, the nurturing environment and care provided by the teachers and administration to our children has remained unchanged. FYI, We've taken advantage of the school's tuition assistance / grant program which is a painless process and helps us greatly.

Grey Nun Academy 1

Posted February 26, 2015
my husband and I had several children who attended grey nun academy until last year. our family did not mesh at all with gna. the teachers were great at gna such that our children are absolutely flourishing in what has been described as a very prestigious school. our children are also thriving socially at their new school while they were very unhappy at gna.

Posted February 21, 2015
Selecting a school for your child is always difficult. What if you make the wrong decision? What does that look like? A new family to GNA this year and we can't be any happier. Our entire family was welcomed into the community almost overnight. Our child is learning in ways that are nurturing, progressive and forward thinking. I am also super impressed by the global thinking that is instilled in all GNA students, preparing them for the world they will all live in as they grow up. A hidden gem of a school indeed!

Posted January 29, 2015
This school not only has an outstanding family feel, but also has outstanding academics and extra curricular activities like basketball and soccer for sports, and STEM (science technology engineering math) and Math Counts for academic activities. At this school ,unlike others, the children welcome new kids and makes them and their families part of our community because of the respect that their teachers teach them. I wouldn't want my children going anywhere else.

Grey Nun Academy 3

Posted December 29, 2014
There was what some call a "significant" reduction in enrollment for the fall semester of this (2014-2015) academic year. Around 2011 or 2012 the Grey Nuns sold the school, home and motherhouse to the Holy Redeemer Health System, and now occupy the school and convent on a lease arrangement. Since (and somewhat before) the sale things have been somewhat in a state of flux. I wish the former principal and the vice principal, both of whom recently left the school, the best. Clearly there were issues that precipitated the sale. I believe to blame re-enrollment issues after the sale on any person or issue would be unfair and misleading. I think the situation is much more complex.

Posted December 09, 2014
I have two children at Grey Nun Academy in the primary division and really love this school. To the people posting that it's not a school for shy kids, I couldn't disagree more. My older child is very shy and she is thriving there, thanks to the smaller student-to-teacher ratio, and loving, nurturing teachers she's had over her 3 1/2 years there. Teachers are caring, have a great sense of humor, and do a fantastic job bringing academics into the classroom in just the right way for each individual child. Families are nice and involved in their children's lives and education. The new principal is wonderful and warm as well, and I like the increased presence of the Grey Nuns there. It's truly the perfect private/independent school.

Posted May 07, 2014
Having been a part of the Grey Nun Community for ten years we couldn't be happier. Our child was not only very well prepared for high school but graduated from GNA with a great amount of poise and confidence. In addition to superior academics and small class sizes, students are taught strong values and respect for one another. Both the faculty and administration truly care about each and every child.

Posted March 13, 2014
I understand every family's experience with the school is different and I empathize with those families who may have faced difficulty. However, I am a strong advocate of GNA, particularly if you do have a child that is shy. Our daughter would be considered "shy", a label I hesitate to throw onto my child. I attribute GNA's beautiful, caring, and nurturing environment for the sole reason that my daughter's self-esteem has risen. The smaller class sizes, the tight friendships, and welcoming faculty and staff is the perfect environment for those kids who need the extra boost to feel special and important. I would highly recommend GNA to all families whether you have a child that is "shy" or not.

Grey Nun Academy 1

Posted March 11, 2014
I would not recommend for a shy child. Talk a great game to help but no help. Every year 6-7 kids leave because promises to the parents are not kept.

Posted March 03, 2014
As a parent of a GNA student (for 7 years), I am quite surprised by the bullying comment below. I can t imagine a school where bullying is less likely to be encountered; have never seen any evidence of it at all (and my child is the quiet type, the type who might be picked on if that sort of thing was present). The faculty dotes on every child. Never had anything to complain about in all these years; very satisfied all around. I am suspicious of buzzwords like bullying . 10 years ago the concept of bullying was unknown to the media & pop-culture; now a bully hiding behind every tree & around every corner. There are times and places where an aggressive child needs correcting, but caution should be used when tossing that word around with no corroborating details. The word bullying has become an all-condemning sledgehammer. Children, like adults, have ups & downs, good days & bad, close friends at school and classmates that rub them the wrong way. This is not usually the result of true bullying . I don t think it is prudent to tarnish the reputation of a 50 year old institution like GNA, a winner of numerous academic accolades, by calling it a haven for bullies .

Grey Nun Academy