Yardley, PA

New Hope Academy 4

Posted November 29, 2014
I've been going to New Hope Academy for roughly five years now, and I'm currently a senior there. NHA has helped me grow tremendously in academics, and as a person. New Hope Academy is definitely not a "Special-Ed School". It has amazing teachers for special-ed students, whom are certified, so don't believe everyone else's mumbo-jumbo. I'll admit, they most definitely have a thing about them of "Money is important, it shall be mine and not yours" type thingy, but the teachers aren't to blame. The administration can be bad at communication, I was in the same class 3 years in a row, so my grades and stuff got jipped a little, but I managed to work things out. NHA has a fantastic staff, and I love the small classes. Being that I plan on going to school for Musical Theatre when I graduate (first graduating NHA dramatic student whoop!), the music department being as small as it is, is absolutely perfect,

New Hope Academy 4

Posted June 04, 2014
My daughter went there for 4 years. My daughter was always smart but when she got into middle school she went into a deep depression and could barely pass even though she was capable of getting honors. Her mental state was holding her behind. NHA nurtured her back and she passed with flying colors. People are saying not there true grade it was for my daughter. She also did well on her SAT test and received scholarships. No school is perfect or ever will be but I aM thankful for NHA if it wasn't for them I don't where my daughter would be today. I am going to Miss the staff there. Also to teach in any private or charter special ed you don't have to be certified

Posted April 07, 2014
I found it very difficult to work with the administration. In the end, for them it was all about how much money they could get out of us. It was a very unpleasant experience. Be cautious.

Posted September 26, 2013
New Hope Academy is right in our township, but is the best kept secret in Lower Makefield (Yardley, PA). We had a hard time finding a school that fit our daughter s needs. Then we found New Hope Academy. Our daughter has never been happier. It has everything the other schools have to offer, but so much more. Classes that are either one-on-one, or very small groups. Parents learn at New Hope Academy as well. There are monthly parent meetings that keep the parents up to date with what is going on in the school, but we also learn different techniques to help raise our teenagers, that makes our lives easier and our child s lives better.

New Hope Academy 2

Posted August 26, 2013
Our child graduated May 2013 and supposedly "met all the requirements to graduate" with inflated grades. When he took his placement test ay BCCC for English/Reading he was substandard for college courses and has to take a "below college course" in reading and English. NHA gave him an "A". He was privately placed! His teachers seemed to care, but not about his true abilities!

Posted July 21, 2013
Don't come here. Most children do not progress emotionally, and of those 90% that go to college, only 3 or so a class are going to a four year one (and usually ones that aren't very good). Most of the success stories are only there for a short period of time, so NHA isn't what helped them. The teachers aren't special ed certified, and grades are fudged (most children get Bs and do no work at all). If your child is smart, this is the worst school to go to. They're reluctant to place children in challenging classes and actively fight against meeting their academic potential. They'll tout some name brand colleges, but if you ask the students going there, they'll say how huge of a mistake NHA was and that the school isn't why they succeeded in life. They also love kicking kids out for trivial reasons.

Posted June 16, 2011
Clearly, these reviews are from the staff at NHA. This school cares more about the revenue and not the well being of your child. I would advise parents to request for the education backgrounds and experience levels of the teachers that will be spending time with your child on a daily basis.

Posted March 16, 2010
If you want a place where your child is respected, nurtured and inspired, this is it. You will find an assortment of every type of child here. But that is what makes New Hope special. It puts kids from all walks of life together, much like the real world, in an atmosphere that appears more like an office than an institution, which makes the reason for learning that much more real. The music department is wonderful... I couldn't imagine my daughter who has played the violin for 6 years going back to clanging cymbals at the local public school.

Posted February 25, 2010
New Hope lives up to its name. It truly individualizes education based on your child's needs. It has 'state of the art' ...everything. More importantly, it has a committed staff, who truly invest themselves in your child's growth. Our son still struggles, but has begun to flourish there, He has especially enjoyed chess and yoga, but there are opportunities to act or play music, just to name a few possibilities.

Posted October 25, 2009
My son attended NHA for 4 years. What a fantastic school!

New Hope Academy