Posted January 14, 2012
This school is great IF you intend for your child to grow up here, attend local college and come right back. Most teachers hired in the past 10 yrs are related to a current employee or attended the school as children (admin too). The school board is also of the same ilk and make decisions based on their interest, not academic excellence. There is great pride in our PSSA results however it makes sense when you realize the amount of time our staff spends teaching to the test. The curriculum is VERY LIMITED and if you have an exceptional student do not expect much of a challenge. Especially if they are female. If you decide to challenge the status quo you may also want to prepare yourself for the admistration to dismiss your concerns as being a problem parent.If you are lucky you may end up with a teacher willing to fight for your child but it will depend on the luck of the draw. To say we are not impressed with Bermudian is an understatement. There are just too many locals making decisions based on family connections and childhood affiliations to make it anything other than a basic education.

Bermudian Springs High School 2

Posted July 03, 2011
This school does not adequately prepare its students for college. The administration could demonstrate a greater level of professionalism. They could also accept responsibility for their mistakes instead of finger pointing elsewhere. Greater lessons are learned once mistakes are owned. It is how you move forward from your mistake that demonstrates greater lessons beyond the classroom. The school system is cliquey. If you enrolled in kindergarten or your parents grew up as Bermudian students then you should do fine. Not impressed with the system at all.

Posted March 05, 2011
I moved here from the western part of the state and my wife is from the eastern part of the state. We both came from much larger schools and higher taxes. All three of our children started in Bermudian from Kindergarten. We are very pleased with the school district in general, the majority of the teachers are attentive and the parents are supportive. It is a small school and everyone knows each other kids through some aspect of the school which makes it very family like community. It is my observation that the students support each other better in a smaller school than a larger school. The curriculum could be a little more challenging for the more advance students, but overall they seem to do a good job with all levels of ability. The school, parents and the community provides a very good foundation for the young men and women from our observation.

Bermudian Springs High School 5

Posted January 21, 2011
I am a graduate of Bermudian and now a teacher in the district. I loved attending the school, and have thus far had a very positive expericence as an educator here. The students, for the most part, want to learn, and I can't disagree more with the reviews that say the majority of teachers are only here for the paycheck. Sure, there are some, like any school, but across the board both as a student and teacher, my experience has been opposite. In response to parent on 3-14-10, the staff and teachers did not receive blackberries, only administrators so they could be easily reached by phone or email regardless of where they are in the area.

Posted January 07, 2011
If you are planning to send your kids here. Don't. It is ok if you are in the in crowd.

Posted June 19, 2010
We moved to Pennsylvania three years ago and we were happy to be out of the Maryland School systems. They were breeding mills for poor scholastic attitudes. We have been very happy with our kids progress at Bermudian. It is said that students succeed when parents are involved. This is evident at the Berm. When I read some of the negative comments here about the school I just am not sure where they come from. Our kids are happy, the y love their teachers and the school. I would highly recommend the school district to anyone considering a move to the area. Be involved in your child's academic affairs and they and you will get the most out of their time at the school. The school offers and amazing band program as well as sports programs but what sets the school apart is the academics.

Bermudian Springs High School 2

Posted March 14, 2010
I too am puzzled by the purchase of blackberries for the teachers when they are spending so much of their instructional time on their computers. Now they have another allowed distraction. Ironic too when our district is raising taxes to overcome shortfalls when they are buying cell phones for the staff. I think its time for an independant audit of the teacher's online searches and telephone/texting personal business during our students class time.

Posted November 04, 2009

Posted January 23, 2009

Posted November 23, 2008
I am a graduate of Bermudian and a parent of three students who attend Bermudian. Bermudian is a better school than the majority of school's in this area. The academics are stronger than most and I believe they offer the students what the need to succeed in college and in life. The teachers are like most schools -- you have the great ones, the good ones, and the ones that are there for a paycheck. It's that way in college too. I believe it takes three things for a student to succeed-- teachers input, students input and parents input. Too many parents expect miracles out of teachers these days. They don't want to be bothered with their kids but they expect the teachers to work miracles. I've been a helper in the classrooms and I've seen this over and over again. Negative aspect of Berm - Lake Meade crowd.

Bermudian Springs High School
7335 Carlisle Pk, York Springs, PA  17372
Last modified Bermudian Springs High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bermudian Springs High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.