York, PA

Posted March 29, 2010
We are one of the few schools in the district that has made yearly improvements. We are working very hard to educate our students in both academics and life.

Edgar Fahs Smith Middle School

Posted April 03, 2009
5 atsr rating this school is great and im sad that Mr. Miller had to leave.

Posted December 22, 2008
i absolutly love smith! i get a great education that i didnt get when i went to central york middle school. and every student is great

Posted October 22, 2008
Loved this school I wish I still went to the school. Great school. There was a few problems with the teachers but other then that a good school.

Edgar Fahs Smith Middle School 4

Posted February 04, 2008
I am a veteran teacher in the district and enjoy working with the students and parents of my students. We do have some problems with the achievement test scores but we are making improvements each year.

Posted August 31, 2007
one of the best schools ever!

Posted March 20, 2007
Teacher to parent communication seems to be a big concern at this school. Yet the first thing that was stated at the opening ceremonies of 2007 was that this is critical to the success of the students. The teachers need to practice what they preach. Communication and or the commitment to the students apparently is not at the top of their priority list. I showed up for teacher parent conference and they were not present because they had postponed it and not called me to reschedule.

Edgar Fahs Smith Middle School 2

Posted September 06, 2005
This school sends mixed messages to parents and provides little support for it's students. As an involved parent I feel the lack of communication with parents apalling. I have found that record keeping and communication between school official is unacceotable.

Posted June 27, 2005
They do not communicate with parents at all. My son got in to trouble and I did not know about it until i found out that he has to go to summer school. I did not receive a call from the school, nor any other type of communication. I guess they expect us to be mind readers (or expect a 7th grader to tell his parents he is not doing his work)!

Posted December 17, 2003
The school and the school police officer do not follow thru or act concerned about violent situations accuring during school time. They have been less than helpful in resolving many issues that my husband and I have brought to their attention. They also have not followed through concerning IEP students.

Edgar Fahs Smith Middle School
701 Texas Ave, York, PA  17404
Last modified Edgar Fahs Smith Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edgar Fahs Smith Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top