York, PA

William Penn Senior High School 3

Posted April 23, 2015
The staff here really care about their students. We put in extra hours and really try to make a difference. I myself run a free club for students after school, and have used as many best practices to help student engagement and learning. While working here I have seen the entire furlough process happen and in that time we have lost a lot of good teachers and principals. Those of us that are still in the building also have seen first hand what those cuts have done to not only the education but the environment of the building. We need to bring back programs we used to have, baseball, swimming, more art classes, home economics and maybe even some shop classes to get students excited and involved in their great Bearcat school!

Posted February 19, 2013
I attend at this school and I really like it.. I came from York Suburban and that thing was like a nightmare. Teachers In York High are very pleasant, and lots of help to offer. Once you get to know all the school, everyone in there and earn the teachers love, you'll be FINE.

Posted September 16, 2009
It is a city school and my daughter, nephew, stepson, myself and brothers received an excellent education while attending. Each of us are all educated professionals where we built our foundation at York High. We are accountants, lawyers, policemen, correctional officers, nurses; you don't have to be a suburban school student to be successful.

Posted August 05, 2009
Hello! I am a student at this 'school'. its an okay school other then the rude hall Montiars, Disrespectful childern, and barley any sport surrport. We dont have any kind of extra culiair clubs. The school must think that nobody is going to a college so they dont offer us anything. i think we need more studnets from outside York city to change the school and get us more things that we need. :)

William Penn Senior High School 1

Posted March 31, 2009
Whomever previously rated this school three to four stars, either have never had an interaction with this school or they do not have kids that attend. I moved here from New York assuming that my child would have a smaller school environment and a better teacher/student ratio, but to my horror, this has been the worst experience and disappointment that I have ever had with any school system. This school rightfully rated a 1 out of 10 and I think it only received a 1 because a zero was not an available option! I can't wait to get my child away from this school. The bottom line is research carefully before choosing a school. So I will return to New York and take my chances there.. it can't be any worse!

Posted February 22, 2009
the teachers are on top of thing this year and my son is getting more out of school this year thank you myers the mother of richard weary

Posted November 06, 2008
I believe William Penn is a great school and it helps prepare students for the real world.

Posted November 06, 2008
William Penn is an awesome school with a rockin hot band!!!!That has great parent involvement.It is a very comfortable environment.

William Penn Senior High School 4

Posted February 07, 2008
I go to York High. We do lack on some of th most essential things but we make up for it in other areas

Posted September 18, 2006
William penn senior high is such a great school! It has a great mix of people who go there. It has a huge swimming pool,gym,weight room,(school period).I love it there and u should send ur kid there.I would totaly recomend this school.The only thing I dont like about it is that the school has no buses.

101 West College Ave, York, PA  17403
Last modified William Penn Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Penn Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top