Bad
Good

Posted November 01, 2013
I am a grandmother and was concerned about my granddaughter's capability to express her wants, desires and ideas. She would respond to questions asked, but very rarely initiated conversation or expressed her desires. Since she has been attending Valley View Center in York, PA I notice that she is very expressive. She talks about things that happened in school, on the school bus and at home. She tells me things she wants to do or what she wants to eat. I'm not a therapist, but I'm excited by the progress she's making at Valley View Center.

Posted October 31, 2013
Valley view elementary let met communicate with my daughter. Most parents dread the time in there child life when they ask them WHY repeatedly. When my asked me why it was a miracle. Before my daughter went to Valley View I didn t know that she would ever ask me WHY. When my little girl started at Valley View she didn t speak to me in sentences, and her responses were one or two words at best. While it was clear to me that she had intelligence I did not know how to access it. Valley View not only has my daughter asking WHY, but has her asking me more. Proud parent

Posted October 30, 2013
I love this school for my daughter. We moved here from Harrisburg, and were not happy with the progress that she was making in Harrisburg. Her teacher at Valley View is supportive and nurturing, and calls me the second anything happens to her.

Valley View Center 1

Posted May 25, 2011
My twins who have autism went to Valley View Center and no longer go there. One of our twins was very badly injured and the school staff said that he simply fell. Everyone who saw his head injury could not believe that a small boy who simply fell received such a bad injury. Our twins now go to York Township and what a great school for them thanks to the head of the Dallastown Special Ed.

Posted June 14, 2007
Valley View has done wonders fro my son. He started the year somewhat behind due to not going to pre-k. But his teacher went above and beyond her duty to help him and now he is right on target where he should be./

Posted January 10, 2006
My daughter loves Kindergarten at VVC. Her teacher is nurturing and inspiring with a class of 19 different (and sometimes conflicting!) personalities. Parents are invited to participate in many ways. Every day we are invited to help with work stations in the classroom or computer lab. Special events such as parties and parades give parents the opportunity to bring in supplies or participate in the fun. The teacher gives us a weekly newsletter with highlights of the curriculum (words, sounds, subjects they are learning) for the next week as well as some things to work on at home. The most necessary information in the newsletter is the extracurricular activites schedule. These rotate on a 6 day cycle and include library, art, gym, music, journal writing, etc.

Posted May 19, 2005
Valley view is an excellent school with many programs for children to get involved in. They have a very concerned staff and most of them live in the neighborhood surrounding the school.

Valley View Center 4

Posted August 11, 2004
Very nice school and environment for students to learn. I would like to see them hire more male kindergarten or first grade teachers as role models for students without fathers.

Valley View Center