No rating

St Patrick School

Private | PK-6 | 161 students

Living in York

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $45,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $670.

Posted October 16, 2014

St. Patrick School has a warm, caring environment that makes it a great place for children to learn.

Posted October 15, 2014

St. Patrick School has been a wonderful place for my children! They are receiving a top notch education. I have been quite pleased with all of their teachers as they have moved on up through the years. The school has recently had a change in leadership that I feel will be great for the school and for all of the children.

Posted December 21, 2013

While my daughter attended this school she dealt with many issues concerning bullying. She also wasn't being challenged. When I transferred her to public school, she was put in the gifted program and made many good friends.

Posted December 14, 2011

I cannot say enough about how happy my husband and I are that we found this gem of a school right in York city. We have been pleased with the high academic standards of St. Pat's and the guidance and leadership shown by teachers, administration and students themselves. Our daughter is enrolled in the PreK program and her teacher noticed that she was beginning to show all of the readiness signs of pre-reading. Her teacher sat down with us and planned out a program to start preparing her to be a reader and it is working brilliantly. I cannot speak for other preschool programs, or other schools, but the individual care has shown us that this was the best decision we could have made. Choose St. Patrick's Catholic School and you will be amazed at how much your child loves being a part of a great learning environment!

Posted February 24, 2011

This school provides Catholic education at its finest! I am a graduate of St. Patrick Catholic School and our family is very happy with the academic preparation our two daughters are receiving. The principal, faculty and staff work cohesively to model virtues to every student. We couldn't be more blessed to be a part of the St. Patrick School Community!

Posted September 23, 2010

Unfortunately, St. Patrick School was a disappointment. There has been so much turnover and inconsistency from the teachers to the principals. The current principal is very cliquish - she knows who has the money and is looking for support for a failing school financially and educationally. There are superb teachers in the school, but the ones that lack really pull down the reputation. I truly believe that St. Patrick School should be planning their future differently. Enrollment is down but the principal doesn't ask or care why families are leaving. Assumes it is the economy but the parents communicate with each other and there are a lot of complaints. When issues are brought up with administration, the ears are turned the other way.

Posted August 29, 2007

My second child is almost finished with St. Patricks. My third will definitely go there. I have been extrememly happy with this school.

Posted June 10, 2007

All children are not treated with the same dignity and respect. Alot of favoritism goes on here. Cliques. Poor communication between administration and teachers-the left side does not appear to know what the right side is doing. Phone calls and messages left for teachers are not answered. Principal does not follow through with commitments made. Many excuses and blaming others among school staff. There are several organizational problems at this school. It failed my child miserably. Remember that everything that glimmers isn't gold.

Posted May 29, 2006

This is our 3rd year at St. Patrick's and we've been very happy with our child's education. The families are all helpful and friendly. Our child enjoys going to school and likes learning new things. We're happy with our choice of St. Patrick's.

Posted June 25, 2005

This is my first year at St. Patrick School and I am satisfied for the most part. The school is restructuring this year and we will have a new principal which is a good thing. The school environment was not what I had hoped last year. Moral was low and smiles were scarce. I have heard mixed reviews regarding the new principal so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Academically, I was pleased and my child did well.

Posted October 5, 2004

I have two kids currently at St. Pat's and they receive great education. I feel very safe when they are in school and I know they receive a high level of discipline. The teachers and the Principal are very concerned about the student's future and they prepare them at a high education level. St. Patrick is a great family where GOD is our center.

Posted August 25, 2003

This school is a blessing. I am very pleased with the education, both academic and spiritual, my daughter is receiving. She is being prepared for high school, college and, more importantly, life! The staff is wonderful and truly care about each individual child. The principal even knows every child's name. To me, that is amazing!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Harrisburg

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

235 South Beaver Street