York, PA
After care: No

York Catholic High School 5

Posted March 02, 2013
I am thrilled by the high academic standards set by York Catholic. At a time when other schools seem to be continually lowering their standards, YCHS has not lowered the bar. Teachers and staff support struggling students with after school tutoring and parent communication. My children are average learners but I feel as if they are constantly encouraged to give that extra effort and always take pride in their work. Thank you, York Catholic for enforcing the values my husband and I emphasize at home.

York Catholic High School 4

Posted May 30, 2012
The teachers are all fabulous and totally understand our problems. The classes are great but tough, and the community service requirement really gets you out in your community. The uniform is okay. The ties have to be pulled up to your neck, so they kind of choke you. Plus it gets really hot in the uniform with sweater and everything. The polo shirts are better. Hate wearing a belt, too. The bad parts are during dances, you actually have to submit a picture of your date's dress, which is annoying. Also they brutalize you on dress code, and they want everyone to look exactly the name. No personality shines through; it's all about academics and God. Which isn't bad, but being social is important too.

York Catholic High School 0

Posted January 27, 2010
I love York Catholic! My class and I are very close, and the teachers are awesome. They are all very passionate about the subject they teach. Some may think the uniforms are annoying, but they are actually really great. All my friends that have transfered to a public school from YC have yearned to come back. It's such a great enviroment, I really recommend it!

York Catholic High School 0

Posted July 07, 2009
York Catholic is the best school ever!!!! It has helped me grow socially and mentally and in my faith and my relationship with God. I feel very at home with everyone at that school. We are all a family, no one is judged or not accepted by their peers. This school has done an exellent job at educating many fine young minds and i am very grateful to be one of them. I cant say how much it means to me just to be a part of the York Catholic Community, but I can say that it means alot. Like, alot alot. Tons!!! Seriously, this school rocks my awesome uniform knee-high socks.

York Catholic High School 5

Posted April 11, 2008
York Catholic is a phenomenal school that is highly suitable for children of all Christian based demoninations. They encourage your children to strive for excellence, to be proud and confident of their accomplishments, and to fully embrace the word of the Lord in their daily living and activities. What more could a parent ask for...

- a former student

York Catholic High School
601 E Springettsbury Ave, York, PA  17403
Last modified York Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
York Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top