PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Loving admin and teachers/staff All teachers have 4 years or more college education Programs are well supported and many including a new leadership program Survived economic turmoil in the markets when other schools did not "one stop shop" for all ages 2 years -12th grade all on one campus and start/end at the same time Buildings and grounds are well maintained with Early Education being the newest Extended care morning and evening for Elementary and EEC Board of Trustees that oversee business of the school and allow members (parents) of the association to vote for Trustees

Our oldest daughter has attended CSY for three years now. She is excited every day to go to school and enjoys the environment. We feel the education she has received is top notch. This is reflected with her test scores demonstrating she is performing above grade level. The environment seems to be very close knit. The parents share a common goal of a total education experience that is Biblically based and the school does an excellent job of making this happen. The students establish strong relationships with teachers and peers and the parents do too. The faculty and staff are very kind and caring and always go above what is required. They genuinely care for our children and are always open for dialogue with parents. Our extended family has commented on how impressed they are with how fast our daughter has progressed in her education, specifically in comparison to her cousins who attend public school. While our daughter is in the elementary we have encountered several of the upper class students and are encouraged by their behavior and level of maturity. We feel this is a reflection of the school and the parents having committed to a shared goal of creating an appropriate and virtuous environment for their students at school that they practice in the same manner at home. We think this has led to the school striking a good balance of students that hold high standards both in school and at home due to the family’s shared vision for raising and educating children. The school does an excellent job of partnering with the parents to raise children and teenagers with quality character. Private school does require tuition and a financial commitment by the family. We feel that CSY has been worth every penny. CSY does require each family to complete 20 hours of volunteer time a year. We have found this to further strengthen the community of the school and commitment to service and not just being served. We see much strength in the learning environment and the quality of the education to continue to commit to sending our children to CSY.

Our children have attended CSY since our oldest daughter was in second grade thirteen years ago. Our youngest is still in elementary. To us it is like a second home. God has used the school and the wonderful to transform our children's lives for the good in every possible way. Spiritually they are so much stronger than they would otherwise have been. Academically they have had an education that has positioned them to be accepted at excellent universities. They have made friends who are a good and godly influence in their lives. Negatives about the school: 1. The kids are like family for each other. I don't view this as a negative, but if you want to remain anonymous, this isn't the school. Students care deeply about each other, and if you seem like you are having a tough time, they will ask you about it. 2. There are a lot of Asian exchange students. We don't view this as a negative either, but some may. We think the diversity enriches the school and the students there. The school is minority friendly. 3. The school costs money. Yes, there is, what seems at first to be overwhelming tuition. We have found this however: they will work with you for financial aid. If the aid package truly isn't enough, think about taking some tuition out of your tithes, since it is a school that is building God's kingdom. If you still need more help, be honest and they will work with you. We have kids at the school who want to be there so much they are working jobs to pay for it themselves. CSY is truly a special and wonderful place. *No one in our family works for the school or has any affiliation with it other than as students*.

The practices of this school IN MY OPINION are false, unfair and I do not recommend it. Separate sides. Hipocrasy. They teach, THOU SHALT NOT STEAL and then steal from you when you withdraw. They teach that lying is wrong and then fail to help you. I am referring to when you withdraw. Prepare to lose a lot of money if you do. The headmaster hides like the Wizard of Oz and then his minions cower around him and will not give you solid answers except to quote policy. Not people over policy here. In fact, we had to quit because my child developed guilt feelings about wanting anything. We knew we had to get out when we asked her what she wanted for her birthday, and she said that she didn't need anything and that it was wrong to want. The devil is in disguise here. I will pray for all involved. These comments are based on our personal experience and our own opinions formed from this experience.

Wow, I was shocked when I read all of the past reviews for this school. I am sorry for anyone who has had a poor experience, but that has not been the case for our family. Our children have been welcomed with open arms and have been treated fairly and lovingly. We have a disabled child who is treated with respect and who has a teacher who is eager to make this the best possible year for our child. Yes, private school is expensive, but so far- we have found the quality of education outstanding, the class sizes low, and one on one time with the teacher to be constant. As a parent, I would highly recommend GOING to the school and observing- with any school that is really the only way to find out the truth.

If you are considering CSY please look closely, pray hard and consider other options. The high school is half international students. Teachers cater to them as they are a huge income to the school and the families who host them. Administrator/teacher turnover is huge. Very sad!

Just read all the reviews. Seems as if this is not the place for me to send my child. I moved back to the area and when Peter T had this place it was amazing. I will go with the Catholic route. They educate and don't charge 10K for a high school education. Lancaster Bible has grown since Peter took over. Bring him back to fix what appears to be major issues.

This school is terrible! It is plagued with teacher turnover, inconstant standards, and a general apathy toward preparing students for college. I spent several years at this school, and I wish I could convey to you appropriately just how awful the experience was. Learning at this school is often discouraged, especially in the science classes. I understand that this school does not subscribe to the theory of evolution, and I support their right to that position, but I was regularly taught outdated or blatantly false information. Students (particularly those who plan to attend college) should at least be taught the theories of mainstream science since they will certainly encounter them later in life. I understand that there is a certain portion of the people who read this that want a christian school that will not allow their child think through and wrestle with their faith, but to the parents who want their children to think for themselves and truly own their faith; please do not put your kids in this environment.

Hi, to everyone reading these reviews... I find they lack a certain element of truth. I am an alumni of this school... My children attend there currently and I have close to same age relatives that are attending public schools including Central York currently as well. Make no mistake, my children are outperforming their older cousins that are attending the public schools in almost every subject. I urge you not to take my word for it but to continue your research by visiting the school itself and to talk to the teachers there. You will find many of the teachers left the public school systems to come to CSY and are very knowledgeable of the differences and the advantages you will find at CSY

As you can see by the reviews, CSY is deeply divided. There is conflict and strife at every level within the school. It impacts the teachers which affects the students. What a difference from what the school used to be. There are other Christian schools in the area, including a new one. Plus many of the parents who have left enrolled their children in public schools and report being pleased. Why spend over $10,000 per child per year (last year's tuition and fees) if your children can thrive elsewhere?

Last modified Christian School of York is a Private school that serves grades PK-12