York, PA

Posted November 08, 2014
Wow, I was shocked when I read all of the past reviews for this school. I am sorry for anyone who has had a poor experience, but that has not been the case for our family. Our children have been welcomed with open arms and have been treated fairly and lovingly. We have a disabled child who is treated with respect and who has a teacher who is eager to make this the best possible year for our child. Yes, private school is expensive, but so far- we have found the quality of education outstanding, the class sizes low, and one on one time with the teacher to be constant. As a parent, I would highly recommend GOING to the school and observing- with any school that is really the only way to find out the truth.

Posted September 09, 2014
If you are considering CSY please look closely, pray hard and consider other options. The high school is half international students. Teachers cater to them as they are a huge income to the school and the families who host them. Administrator/teacher turnover is huge. Very sad!

Posted July 23, 2014
Just read all the reviews. Seems as if this is not the place for me to send my child. I moved back to the area and when Peter T had this place it was amazing. I will go with the Catholic route. They educate and don't charge 10K for a high school education. Lancaster Bible has grown since Peter took over. Bring him back to fix what appears to be major issues.

Posted July 10, 2014
This school is terrible! It is plagued with teacher turnover, inconstant standards, and a general apathy toward preparing students for college. I spent several years at this school, and I wish I could convey to you appropriately just how awful the experience was. Learning at this school is often discouraged, especially in the science classes. I understand that this school does not subscribe to the theory of evolution, and I support their right to that position, but I was regularly taught outdated or blatantly false information. Students (particularly those who plan to attend college) should at least be taught the theories of mainstream science since they will certainly encounter them later in life. I understand that there is a certain portion of the people who read this that want a christian school that will not allow their child think through and wrestle with their faith, but to the parents who want their children to think for themselves and truly own their faith; please do not put your kids in this environment.

Posted October 02, 2013
Hi, to everyone reading these reviews... I find they lack a certain element of truth. I am an alumni of this school... My children attend there currently and I have close to same age relatives that are attending public schools including Central York currently as well. Make no mistake, my children are outperforming their older cousins that are attending the public schools in almost every subject. I urge you not to take my word for it but to continue your research by visiting the school itself and to talk to the teachers there. You will find many of the teachers left the public school systems to come to CSY and are very knowledgeable of the differences and the advantages you will find at CSY

Posted August 06, 2013
As you can see by the reviews, CSY is deeply divided. There is conflict and strife at every level within the school. It impacts the teachers which affects the students. What a difference from what the school used to be. There are other Christian schools in the area, including a new one. Plus many of the parents who have left enrolled their children in public schools and report being pleased. Why spend over $10,000 per child per year (last year's tuition and fees) if your children can thrive elsewhere?

Posted July 17, 2013
I find it very interesting that the last review claims that CSY causes children to be behind academically compared to students in public schools. CSY placed second in SAT scores in 2012 compared to all schools In York County ( including public schools), and all but one (his choice) of the graduating class are going to college or a technical school. Many of the graduating class are attending highly recognized collegiate institutions. I highly doubt if students were years behind other students academically, nationally recognized colleges wouldn't be sending them acceptance letters. I hope people focus on the concrete facts that prove CSY provides students with a quality education as mentioned above, and do not focus on personal claims of people who harbor ill will towards the school.

Posted June 16, 2013
I have seen countless reviews that all have the same issues with CSY. Over the years of sending my children to CSY, we have spent nearly $200,000 on our two daughters tuition. "Was it worth it", you ask? NO. I say this because this "school" has caused my daughter and other students in her class to be 3 years behind in math, 2 year behind in foreign language, and 1 year behind in science (these results compared to public school students!). This school claims to be "academic prep"...yeah right! Also, as others have stated in the comments below, the teachers and coaches play favorites. You will only be accepted into NHS, Student Senate, or any other elite high school group if you donate a bunch of money, work at the school, or have another connection. Because of these set backs, we have decided to withdraw or daughters from CSY. This was not a difficult decision, but a necessary one. As an alumni, I know where CSY used to stand academically and philosophically....however, not anymore. CSY has deep financial problems, and frequently sends letters begging for financial givings from parents who have already given their life savings to CSY. CSY owes my family a QUALITY education.

Posted June 02, 2013
First I want to say that it is my prayer that when parents read these reviews that they do so with prayerful discernment. Please keep in mind there are two sides to every story. I am saddened to observe there are reviewers who chose to be disrespectful in posts. I won't sugar coat everything and say CSY is perfect because that would be a lie. No school is perfect! I won't debate what others have chosen to post, but will follow Biblical principle and only share truth that my family has experienced. I am a teacher at CSY and also a parent of a CSY student. In the past seven years my son has attended CSY, he has received a quality Christ-centered education from teachers who demonstrated a love for my child and the Lord. I am basing this statement on my child's experience before and after becoming a teacher at CSY, in case there would be any inclination made by others that my son received special treatment because I am a teacher. Though I do not agree with all of the information listed in the post on 5/20/13, I do agree that decisions should be made after much prayer in seeking God's will and wisdom. After seeking God's will through prayer, we will be sending our son to CSY next year.

Posted May 20, 2013
The last (May 11th) post sure sounds like it came from an administrator at the ECC who is upset by the May 2nd post. Could this be a veiled attempt at lifting up a rapidly sinking ship!? Sadly, the May 2nd post is closer to the truth regarding the the school as it exists today versus a once wonderful educational institution founded on strong Christian values by men and woman of Faith.

Christian School of York
907 Greenbriar Road, York, PA  17404
Last modified Christian School of York is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Christian School of York Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top