PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

they are always on alert, checking social media sites, responding to information brought to their attention by other parents and students

Supports LD students: Neutral

Does not serve students with severe learning differences but seems to be able to accommodate some very with mild differences

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Highly qualified, positive and supportive of the students.

My children are very intelligent and like a challenge. I love to see them stretch, academically, athletically, musically etc. This school fits the bill for me. Has a nice family/community feel, great STEAM focus, new building with wonderful spaces. Truly feels more like a hip college campus! In particular, my kids enjoy the digital arts, robotics and French. I love seeing them learn through cool projects and really figure out how to apply skills. My kids find that their teachers respond quickly to emails when they have an issue, even at night and on the weekends. They seem to feel that their teachers are easy to approach and engaging in class. My spouse and I enjoy the candor and passion the teachers share with us as parents. While tuition is high for York, my money is extremely well spent on one thing that really matters to me, the future.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This concept is fostered in all grades. Taking personal responsibility for oneself and student's peers certainly has had an impact on granddaughter's school and home environment.

My granddaughter has been attending this school since age 3, I cannot imagine her going anywhere else. Her education and support of thereof has been wonderful. The teachers and staff here really care about the student AND his/her family.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

With more than half of the teachers having advanced degrees, the classes being kept much smaller than the national average and continuing education for the teachers as well...YCDS teachers are absolutely effective.

Amount of homework: Agree

Students have intense studies within school hours that supports not only their education, but also the well-rounded development of each student. This well-rounded development includes the real-life experiences and interactions that only occur while with family and within the community. For this reason, it is my belief that the homework is assigned within reason.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Values such as honesty, integrity and fairness are promoted and developed daily at YCDS through the many experiences each student has while attending here.

My daughter has been at YCDS since preschool and will be entering 4th grade next year. She is supported and challenged in all aspects. The faculty and staff are awesome and innovative in their approach that promotes the love for learning. My child is confident and comfortable in taking on new experiences. The academic level is top notch and students consistently achieve far above average SAT scores. They are encouraged to reach out past themselves and are taught to be constructive, active members of their community. One thing that I clearly remember from my initial visit to the school, is that not ONE student that I passed in the hallway wasn't happy there and they gave off the vibe that they were fully engaged in their education. I was very impressed then and remain as such. I look forward to my daughter's development as she moves up through middle school and upper school as I know she will be fully prepared to excel in her endeavors thanks to YCDS.

Last modified York Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12