K-4 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Roundtown El School 2

Posted October 30, 2014
The reviews of parents pertaining to staff are correct. However, no one mentions the Curriculum. My grandson went to preschool and is very bright. He was very unhappy in kindergarden because he thought he was "stupid" because he had to "repeat" everything. he was repeating everything through K and grade 1. I'm told it is because it;s geared to the "no child left behind" program. Classmates in Kindergarten could not even write their own name and mid year were "having trouble with the number 11". I don't think that my grandson is that exceptional, but he could write his name, count to 100, recognize numbers and letters as well as sounding the letters. His mother insist he go to this school (parents divorced) and said he is getting "a good enough" education. Unfortunatly, now in second grade, he no longer is enthused with learning and does not have any pride left in the quality of work he does. The most troublesome thing to me is that the children do not get any type of grade on their report card--only a check in one of two columns "meets school standards" or "working toward school standards" . I can't believe these parents have no problem with this "grading system" .

Posted May 02, 2012
We bought our home specifically so our daughter could attend Roundtown, as it is known to be the best in the area. Our daughter is thriving at Roundtown. They are certifying all staff in Responsive Classroom, employ Green Circle inclusion philosophies and mediation techniques to resolve student conflicts. Students set educational goals and review them. The staff and teachers are excellent and the PTO is an integral part of the learning process. Roundtown is definitely an exceptional learning community!

Posted March 26, 2009
My daughter is a student at Roundtown Elementary. She loves the school and teachers. As a parent, I must say that this is an excellent school with a wonderful staff.

Posted December 07, 2008
My son attends Roundtown Elementary and thoroughly enjoys it. The teachers are wonderful - they care about the students and they care about excellence in learning. I'm involved in the PTO - the Parent / Teacher interaction is very strong at Roundtown.

Posted June 19, 2006
I could not be more pleased with the quality of education Roundtown Elementary has offered to our three children. The teachers are very professional. The opportunities offered at this school is phenomenal. I would reccommend this school to any parent!

Posted June 19, 2006
My husband and I are thrilled to have Roundtown be a part of our little boy's educational experience. He got off to a rough start at the beginning of the school year because of other students teasing him, but the teacher quickly took action and resolved this problem. Our son has lots of friends and really loves his teacher.

Roundtown El School
570 Church Rd, York, PA  17404
Last modified Roundtown El School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roundtown El School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top