3-6 & Ungraded
York, PA

Sinking Springs El School 1

Posted July 16, 2013
We were so disappointed in Sinking Springs. After an amazing K-3 experience at Roundtown, we found both the teachers and administrators at Sinking Springs sorely lacking. The school does little to nothing to address social (bullying) or educational concerns. Our child has always enjoyed school and is now begging to be homeschooled. We would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted December 16, 2009
Though my daughter is in 7th grade and attending Central York Middle School. She has retained what she learn from Sinking Springs Elementary School and is still achieving great grades.

Sinking Springs El School 0

Posted December 10, 2009
I have a fourth grader currently attending this school. I have been sadly disappointed with the cirriculum in math, and language arts. There are no texts which to reference and the children are not taught how to take notes. They are given out handouts which don't have directions on how to complete them most of the time. The teacher websites are not reflective of what is being presented in the classroom. I have no idea what is being taught in the classroom except for what my child discusses with me. Thankfully she is conscientious enough to tell me when they have shown movies with curse words. Yes real curse words! I am currently investigating private schools. I have little positive to say about our experience.

Posted January 23, 2008

Posted November 27, 2007
My son is a 6th grader at Sinking Springs Elementary this year and he loves it! The teachers and staff are wonderful. The school offers so many wonderful programs for students. My son loved being on the Envirothon team last year. The teachers treat every student like they were their own. The school website is very helpful as well. This is a great school and I would recommend it.

Sinking Springs El School 3

Posted October 25, 2005
Both of my children have attended this school. I feel as though the teachers try their best, however this school in general does not like to identify students with problems. It took us almost 3 years to have our oldest child tested for problems. This is a great school if you have a child without problems. However communication is often poor without prompting. There is also only one guidance counselor for the whole school and children facing problems often go unnoticed. I have emailed people never to hear from them without a follow up call. I find the school inconsistent.

Posted March 20, 2005
It is a really great school. Their website is also very well informed and helpful to parents. I would recommend this school to anyone out there! There lots of programs, active parents and friendly administation there at the school. It also has the highest scores in the area compared to all the other schools so that should answer the academic question. My child has many great friends at the school as well that hopefully will remain close and good influences to carry her forward in the future.

Sinking Springs El School
2850 Susquehanna Trail, York, PA  17406
Last modified Sinking Springs El School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sinking Springs El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top