Ore Valley El School

Public | K-3 | 558 students

Posted May 23, 2013

My child went to this school for kindergarten. I am so happy the first year of school was at this school. They were great. The teacher was very nurturing, loving & involved with her class & the parents. I felt the teacher & school cared deeply about the student's academics & well being. The school always involved the parents & felt I knew what was going on with my child at all times. I miss the school & we are now looking for a new home back in this school district.

Posted November 28, 2012

This district heading down hill fast and we have the PSSA ranking to prove it. It's a shame.

Posted September 13, 2007

When my family and I moved to York, PA nine years ago, from NYC, we wanted a safe hometown, atmosphere for our two young sons. We soon discovered that we were fortunate be a part of the Dallastown Area Schools family. Ore Valley Elementary being one of schools that serviced my area, became an integral part of my children, and extended family's lives. From my experience, Ore Valley is has taken great strides to become one of the most successful elementary schools in York County. This school's academic program and extracurricular activities has succeeded in reaching learners of all learning levels, cultural background, and ethnicity. The teachers, and administration take pride in producing a well-rounded curriculum that reflects the needs of the growing diverse community it serves. Ore Valley will always be home to five very successful students in my family. Two of which are currently attending Ore Valley.

Posted September 7, 2005

Student teacher ratio 18:1. Out of school programs good. Summer enrichment camps.

Posted March 19, 2005

Ore Valley is a wonderful elementary school. We moved to this district from western PA approximately two years ago, it was the summer before my son started third grade. The school district and teachers have met and exceeded our expectations. Our son has a speech language processing disorder which they discovered and he is now receiving special education. Our previous district failed to recognize this and we felt he just wasn't getting the education he needed. Through Ore Valley's learning support program, he is now earning all A's & B's and abosolutely loves going to school! There is plenty of opportunities for extracurricular activities such as after school intramurals. The specials such as art, music, gym and computer class are my son's favorite. He is receiving a first class education at Ore Valley. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted June 16, 2003

My children were new to this school 2 years ago. I was very impressed at how involved and caring the teachers were. My daughters 3rd grade teacher, Mr Miller was wonderful. I feel the security at the school is top notch as well.

Posted May 31, 2003

Our son was new to the school and we were very pleased. He attended a private school and we had some doubt about our decision. After the first day we wished that he would have started him at this school from the beginning. The teachers are terrfic and the school is a great place for elementary students.Very safe.

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 80% in 2012.

128 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2011

2010

2009

Reading

The state average for Reading was 74% in 2012.

128 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2011

2010

2009

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2011-2012 Pennsylvania used the Pennsylvania System of State Assessments (PSSA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in math and reading, in grades 5, 8 and 11 in writing, and in grades 4, 8 and 11 in science. The results for reading, writing, science and math are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The PSSA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Pennsylvania. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Source: Pennsylvania Department of Education

Economically disadvantaged77%
Students with disabilities (IEP)29%
English language learnersn/a
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: Pennsylvania Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2620 Springwood Rd