By GreatSchools Staff
To ring in the new year, we're highlighting some of our most popular stories from 2012 — on subjects as diverse as R-rated movies, violent kids' lit, exotic school lunches, and hot education trends. Here's our top ten:
• Is your child gifted?
• The R-rated movie every child should see
• What the experts want your child to read
• My boy is brilliant. So why is he failing?
• How the “silent killer” affects kids
• 26 school lunches from around the world
• The second language every child should learn
• Strict, loose, or in between: What's your parenting style?
• Is new children's lit too violent, or is all reading good reading?
• Weighty issues: the big problem no parent wants to discuss